Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying vs. Leasing a claim
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Braun
I have been searching for a claim on Mt Antero. They seem to be very few available. I have searched many sites too.

It would be greatly appreciate if someone can direct me in the right area. I would be more apt to lease a claim but am looking to spend around $2500 on a small claim purchase.

johnnybravo300
You might check Buena vista real estate or Salida.
I haven't ever seen many claims up there that people want to sell.
A claim up there might be a decent payer if you can spend enough time up there digging.
MikeS
QUOTE (Braun @ Feb 15 2016, 02:37 PM) *
I have been searching for a claim on Mt Antero. They seem to be very few available. I have searched many sites too.

It would be greatly appreciate if someone can direct me in the right area. I would be more apt to lease a claim but am looking to spend around $2500 on a small claim purchase.

Hello Braun, welcome to the Colorado Prospector forums! sign0016.gif

I would recommend learning to properly prospect and stake your own claim. You could knock a zero off that price and you don't have to find someone who wants to sell an existing claim. If this sounds interesting then you came to the right place! Tons of good info here so dig in!
Denise
I have to fully agree with Mike! Not to mention the satisfaction one gets from knowing the info at hand/used is right when done yourself. This info will still needs to be known, even if you plan on buying or leasing a claim to know it's done right.

Welcome to the forums Braun and good luck out there!

~Denise
Silky
I was wondering the same thing and what if some ol' miner and prospector died and nobody knew he owned it/them? Do they keep a log of those folks somehow? I imagine there are many claims of old timers that have learned to be quiet about their finds and the spots they find their stuff on for obvious reasons.

I guess you'd really have to do your homework and look 'em up, I guess.

Silky
Wilkerson
I am new to this Forum and have become interested in gems recently. Topaz and smokey Quartz. I have shares in 2 gold claims here in Colorado and my wife and I enjoy going out and we usually get pretty good results. Staking a gem claim would be fantastic and the reading I have done so far makes me think this is the right group to learn from. Guide me toward membership and I would like to explore Park county. We have a little camping spot near Hartsell. Thanks for letting me on the Forum, Rob
CP
Hi Rob,

sign0016.gif Welcome to the forum and best of luck on all your prospecting in Colorado this year! I do believe you have found a great club and group of folks to help you learn from too, our club members are very happy to help one another learn different steps along the way. happy088.gif

For details about club membership levels, benefits, prices etc you can click on our club membership page

Also, you can see a full listing of all club members benefits listed on our club membership benefits page

Thanks for considering the Colorado Prospector club as one of your choice to join, we'd all be happy to have your future participation.

Post up if you have any more questions anytime. Glad to have you on board.

MikeS
QUOTE (Wilkerson @ Apr 2 2016, 07:00 PM) *
Staking a gem claim would be fantastic and the reading I have done so far makes me think this is the right group to learn from.

Welcome to the forums Rob! sign0016.gif

This is surely the right group to learn from. I learned how to stake my own claim starting here on the forums. I staked a lode claim for crystals(Topaz,Quartz,Fluorite,Goethite,Xenotime) a few years back and I am on the hunt this season for my first placer claim(gold).

There is mountains of info here so dig in! happy112.gif
Wilkerson
QUOTE (CP @ Apr 2 2016, 08:01 PM) *
Hi Rob,

sign0016.gif Welcome to the forum and best of luck on all your prospecting in Colorado this year! I do believe you have found a great club and group of folks to help you learn from too, our club members are very happy to help one another learn different steps along the way. happy088.gif

For details about club membership levels, benefits, prices etc you can click on our club membership page

Also, you can see a full listing of all club members benefits listed on our club membership benefits page

Thanks for considering the Colorado Prospector club as one of your choice to join, we'd all be happy to have your future participation.

Post up if you have any more questions anytime. Glad to have you on board.

I just signed up for a membership . Look forward to interacting with this group. How can we access the list af areas available to prospect ?

CP
Fantastic Rob! Glad to have you in the club as well. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I've just sent off your official welcome/activation email with club members log in information and handy links. Check your in box and also make sure spam filters are set to allow CP emails/updates. Look forward to your future club participation, let us know if you have more questions anytime.
Wilkerson
QUOTE (CP @ Apr 3 2016, 04:08 PM) *
Fantastic Rob! Glad to have you in the club as well. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I've just sent off your official welcome/activation email with club members log in information and handy links. Check your in box and also make sure spam filters are set to allow CP emails/updates. Look forward to your future club participation, let us know if you have more questions anytime.

I seem to have trouble logging in to the forum on my desk top. It seems not to recognize me , maybe because I joined on I pad. Techno stuff. I see some areas on the map are 3 level . Are they not accessible to all ? If I understand the 13 areas on the list , we can go there , prospect and if we find anything worth reporting the club will help to make the claim ? And how about the group digs. I guess I am looking forward to my first newsletter. Thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.