Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorado's New Pay to Dig
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
Pages: 1, 2
copyman
After one vistit I can't wait to go back. I am currently working on some dates. I have a question. Last trip I worked a pan all day and had a blast doing so. I think you said something about renting a sluce? I must have had too much gold fever at the time, as I can't really recall what you said. Can you give me some details?
Thanks
mystic mining
Hi Dan and Denise just want to thank you for a great day in Fairplay. You guys taught me a lot about gold panning and other things. I glad I finally got to meet you. Thanks again. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif
CP
Thanks Mystic Mining,

We enjoyed meeting with you and teaching you a few things.......hopefully the cons were productive that you took home to pan too. wink.gif

Thanks Copyman, hope you can return very soon too.
We can rent a sluice if you wish for $15.00 per day in addition to the dig fees. Just let us know when you are setting up reservations if you need to rent one. smile.gif
Be happy to set ya' up on that.

Weather has been pretty darn nice with a few afternoon showers....... everyone getting out there to prospect yet? or?! ohmy.gif happy.gif

CP
CP
Hi All,

Sad news today........ sad.gif

I've just been informed by the land owner that he no longer wants us to teach prospecting at his site.
That is very sad but unfortunately out of our control.
There is a town "beach" here in Fairplay where they allow panning or sluicing for free but I do not know what their exact rules for where you dig or how that's done. You just need to stop by the town's office to get their free permit or you can print one off from our site and have it filled out already when you go to the office.
You can find the towns link in our forum at this link http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...t=0&#entry12377

While it lasted it was a great dig site and would have become one of the best! Sadly as it turns out the owner (and his son) are not prospector friendly I guess. ohmy.gif dry.gif

We will be hunting for a new site to someday offer this again.....keep your fingers crossed!! biggrin.gif

Any reservations already made (paid) at the time of this post WILL STILL BE HONORED! You know who you are. wink.gif

CP
mystic mining
Wow Dan and Denise I'm very sorry to hear that. Good luck on a new spot. sad.gif rolleyes.gif
jim
what a bunch of crap! i guess i shouldn't be surprised though. i met the idiot owners that dan mentioned. they are the type that would cut thier throats for no reason......................sad day fer sure
russau
if i can ask, what was their reason for stopping this?
Dan & Patty
Dan,

I am very sad to hear the end to the pay to dig site. This was a great place for all that had the opportunity to be involved with it and a loss for all that missed out. I cannot thank you enough for your time and the information that you shared with me, my wife and friends on the site. I have learned a lot from you and can't wait to meet you at the next place you find. I come all the way from Wisconsin to spend a little time to learn from you at your site, another few hundred miles one way or the other for your next site won't matter to me.

Here is a picture of some gold from my last visit there. "Still learning, but improving!" Thanks for the world of knowledge on high-banker use this time.

Dan & Patty
CP
Thanks Dan & Patty,

We would like to thank everyone who visited the dig site while it was open and hopefully everyone found a little useful info while there as well. Thank you!
Teaching at such a site is a blast! And having such great patrons helps too!! wink.gif

Russ, actually there was a whole myriad of excuses offered but it boils down to a personal issue with the owners son who apperantly gets what he wants still like a spoiled child of 10 years of age! wacko.gif
PS......this is the same person (the son) running the new hotel in Fairplay that lost it's "Best Western" status with 1 month of it's grand opening and now has tarped signs....... ohmy.gif
"Here's your sign"? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

It was great to have use of the site while it lasted at anyrate.
We really enjoyed everyones visits.....and we hope to repeat soon. cool.gif

Good luck prospecting out there and stay safe ya'll!

CP
goldiens
Hi..it doesn't really surprise me, but they will have to live in a small town..or move on..cant be making too many friends.
I think it will be interesting to see just what transpires with that site...hope you find another spot..
yeager
I was looking forward to visiting the dig site, what a bummer. Im glad you are still on the prospect for another site, best of luck..
Did you ever find out the purity of the gold from that site? blink.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.