ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Impact Eggs, Discovered In Meteorite Crater
ASTROBLEME
post Mar 27 2016, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

As I watched the Easter sunrise across the fresh snow covered landscape set against a clear sky that went out to the horizon, I was reminded as to the reasons I prospect. It isn’t always the focus on scientific method, observations, and experiments to make a valuable discovery but mostly it is about the journey. I find inspiration from those hearty souls that went out prospecting long before me that didn’t have the resources I enjoy today. I like to share my knowledge with others in an effort to make their prospecting successful. I also realize there needs to be a balance with the nature of things along with the desire to find riches and answer the long asked questions, some serious and some whimsical. For instance, I wonder sometimes why is it that a meteorite impact crater resembles a bird’s nest with eggs? Maybe that rabbit I encountered while hunting impact eggs was the Easter Bunny from my childhood.

Please take a moment to enjoy the beauty of these unique impact eggs. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

HAPPY EASTER

Egg Over Easy
Attached Image

Egg Hatching

Attached Image

Burnt Egg

Attached Image

Green Egg

Attached Image

Hard Boiled Egg

Attached Image

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Woody
post Mar 27 2016, 01:35 PM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 15,615

Nice twist to the normalcy of things. Thanks for the pics, Woody.

--------------------
Proud CP Lifetime Member
(currently working hard in the procurement department)

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Mar 27 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #3

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Mar 27 2016, 11:58 AM) *
As I watched the Easter sunrise across the fresh snow covered landscape set against a clear sky that went out to the horizon, I was reminded as to the reasons I prospect. It isn’t always the focus on scientific method, observations, and experiments to make a valuable discovery but mostly it is about the journey. I find inspiration from those hearty souls that went out prospecting long before me that didn’t have the resources I enjoy today. I like to share my knowledge with others in an effort to make their prospecting successful. I also realize there needs to be a balance with the nature of things along with the desire to find riches and answer the long asked questions, some serious and some whimsical. For instance, I wonder sometimes why is it that a meteorite impact crater resembles a bird’s nest with eggs? Maybe that rabbit I encountered while hunting impact eggs was the Easter Bunny from my childhood.

Please take a moment to enjoy the beauty of these unique impact eggs. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

Awesome finds; nice twist on he day

QUOTE (Woody @ Mar 27 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Nice twist to the normalcy of things. Thanks for the pics, Woody.

Woody, nice seeing you thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
Denise
post Mar 29 2016, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Those are fantastic Johnny! Looking for Thundereggs on Easter is what we like to do and your idea of "egg hunting" is another great way! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Sounds like it was a great day! Thanks for sharing your adventure and pics with us.

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:12 AM