Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impact Eggs
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
ASTROBLEME
As I watched the Easter sunrise across the fresh snow covered landscape set against a clear sky that went out to the horizon, I was reminded as to the reasons I prospect. It isn’t always the focus on scientific method, observations, and experiments to make a valuable discovery but mostly it is about the journey. I find inspiration from those hearty souls that went out prospecting long before me that didn’t have the resources I enjoy today. I like to share my knowledge with others in an effort to make their prospecting successful. I also realize there needs to be a balance with the nature of things along with the desire to find riches and answer the long asked questions, some serious and some whimsical. For instance, I wonder sometimes why is it that a meteorite impact crater resembles a bird’s nest with eggs? Maybe that rabbit I encountered while hunting impact eggs was the Easter Bunny from my childhood.

Please take a moment to enjoy the beauty of these unique impact eggs. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

HAPPY EASTER

Egg Over Easy
Click to view attachment

Egg Hatching
Click to view attachment

Burnt Egg
Click to view attachment

Green Egg
Click to view attachment

Hard Boiled Egg
Click to view attachment
Woody
Nice twist to the normalcy of things. Thanks for the pics, Woody.
Crusty
QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Mar 27 2016, 11:58 AM) *
As I watched the Easter sunrise across the fresh snow covered landscape set against a clear sky that went out to the horizon, I was reminded as to the reasons I prospect. It isn’t always the focus on scientific method, observations, and experiments to make a valuable discovery but mostly it is about the journey. I find inspiration from those hearty souls that went out prospecting long before me that didn’t have the resources I enjoy today. I like to share my knowledge with others in an effort to make their prospecting successful. I also realize there needs to be a balance with the nature of things along with the desire to find riches and answer the long asked questions, some serious and some whimsical. For instance, I wonder sometimes why is it that a meteorite impact crater resembles a bird’s nest with eggs? Maybe that rabbit I encountered while hunting impact eggs was the Easter Bunny from my childhood.

Please take a moment to enjoy the beauty of these unique impact eggs. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

Awesome finds; nice twist on he day

QUOTE (Woody @ Mar 27 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Nice twist to the normalcy of things. Thanks for the pics, Woody.

Woody, nice seeing you thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
Those are fantastic Johnny! Looking for Thundereggs on Easter is what we like to do and your idea of "egg hunting" is another great way! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Sounds like it was a great day! Thanks for sharing your adventure and pics with us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.