ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can anyone explain all of this?
OkieJon
post Jun 6 2010, 11:17 AM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,617

06/08/1999 403 LOCATION DATE
06/11/1999 395 RECORDATION NOTICE RECD

05/19/2003 482 MAINTENANCE FEE/$100 2004
05/10/2002 482 MAINTENANCE FEE/$100 2003
05/02/2001 482 MAINTENANCE FEE/$100 2002
05/18/2000 482 MAINTENANCE FEE/$100 2001
08/02/1999 482 MAINTENANCE FEE/$100 2000
06/11/1999 482 MAINTENANCE FEE/$100 1999

06/17/2009 163 CASE SENT TO NARA DEN/
08/11/2008 311 RELQ FILED (IN TOTAL)
03/21/2006 393 DECISION ISSUED NO RENTAL FEE
11/21/2005 379 REFUND AUTHORIZED $200 REFUND CLOSED
09/01/2005 631 ABANDONMENT CLAIM VOID NO RENTAL FEE
03/11/2005 393 DECISION ISSUED NO RENTAL FEE
12/27/2004 669 LAND STATUS CHECKED
05/02/2001 170 ADDRESS CHANGE FILED
06/11/1999 500 MAP IN LEAD FILE
06/11/1999 501 ACCT ADV IN LEAD FILE
06/10/1999 404 COUNTY RECORDATION
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OkieJon
post Jun 6 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #2

Shovel Buster!

Does all this simply mean the claim owner quit paying what was owed and lost the claim?

The refund is throwing me off.

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 6 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 6,813

Hi OkieJon,

It appears that the claim had a land status check completed by BLM in December of 2004. A few months later, a decision was issued concerning the rental fee,. Then six months later the claim was deemed abandoned and the claim was found to be void in September 2005. The best way to determine for sure if the claim had "land status problems" or it was simply a matter of not paying the rental fee would be to contact BLM records office in the state it was filed. I suspect that once the land status of the claim was checked, BLM discovered a problem with the location of the claim and gave the owner some time to correct the problem. From the timeline, it looks to me that the claim could not be corrected properly and a refund of some fees was granted. That is only my opinion based on limited information so I would suggest a follow-up with BLM. If the claim in question is located in Colorado, you might want to contact Stacy Beck (Supervisor, Land Law Examiner, Mining Claim Adjudication) at (303)239-3782 to sort it all out.

Take care,

ASTROBLEME

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 6 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Thanks for posting that info JT.
I would agree, that is exactly what I'd thought from the timeline of what's posted for actions.
Suprisingly it shows a five year period from staking to status check.
Goes to show how important it is to double check and triple check ones research when staking and filing.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
OkieJon
post Jun 6 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #5

Shovel Buster!

Thank you for the response. That is what I was thinking but was scratching my head over the refund.

I figure BLM is tight with any type of claim refund unless there was a serious error on their part.

I will do a little more homework then drive up(CO) to have a look.
I plan on claiming this,if available...and I get it all figured out how.

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jun 6 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 6,813

OkieJon,

BLM does refund monies but it doesn't happen very often. If you are interested in staking over an area that has a void claim, it is advisable to look over the BLM file before you sink time and money into it. The folks at BLM are quite helpful if you go to the records room in Denver. A visit there can save lots of time and expense.

I am glad to see you (and folks like you) looking into filing mining claims. Hope things work out for you. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

JT

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jun 6 2010, 07:10 PM
Post #7

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,248

If interested in filing a claim, is it allowed to first sample prospect from the area to determine if it is indeed worth filing a claim? Or is it pretty much a crap shoot? My luck, I would claim up an area that's totally void of gold... Seems to me that you should be able to reconnoiter the area before filing.

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
OkieJon
post Jun 6 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #8

Shovel Buster!

Boogie,

I may be wrong,but I think one must (by law) find valuable minerals on the property before it can be claimed.

I am sure many do not,but you are supposed to...I think.

Like I say,I know little about claiming.

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jun 6 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #9

Shovel Buster!

Grubstaker sounds like they take a lot of the pain out of obtaining a claim. Anyone out there have any experience with thier services?

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 6 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #10

Master Mucker!

All I've ever heard/known about Grubstakers was negative feedback and that they are a rip off!
I'd suggest not doing anything with them. High prices for unproven claims (paper filed)

I recently was consulting with a club member/claim owner who'd bought a claim from them and after a long confusing mess (over filings) ended up having to chase his money down for a refund. Fortunately the refund was given after some time.

Folks there is no way around learning about claim research and filing if you wish to own and hold your own. Not only can you as a claim owner not afford to go without knowing this, but you'll also need the basis knowledge to conintue as a bonafide prospector/miner in the future.
Know your own research and recheck it....DO NOT RELY ON OTHERS TO DO THIS FOR YOU. You might pay a price in more than just $$.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jun 6 2010, 08:54 PM
Post #11

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jun 6 2010, 09:33 PM) *
All I've ever heard/known about Grubstakers was negative feedback and that they are a rip off!
I'd suggest not doing anything with them. High prices for unproven claims (paper filed)

Folks there is no way around learning about claim research and filing if you wish to own and hold your own. Not only can you as a claim owner not afford to go without knowing this, but you'll also need the basis knowledge to conintue as a bonafide prospector/miner in the future.
Know your own research and recheck it....DO NOT RELY ON OTHERS TO DO THIS FOR YOU. You might pay a price in more than just $$.

CP

Thanks, CP.

I'm disapointed, but not suprised. I wouldn't mind paying the extra bucks if they took care of the legalities and what not... I would still like to hear a testimony (or two) from an actual client(s), if there are any... If there are any services similar to grubstaker that has a good reputation, I would like to know about that as well.

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 6 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #12

Master Mucker!

You are very welcome Boogie, don't want to see anyone getting ripped off and especially not CP club members.

Hopefully the club member I recently consulted who had that experience will come in to say something.

Personally, Wally (owner) was going to "help" me with our claim to ammend the file he said it needed. Funny though, the only change he made to my file was to make the claim bigger.
That is the one thing you can not do as a claim owner when ammending your file.....you may not make it any bigger!!

Needless to say I did not accept his "help"
I'm certain the motive was to invalidate mine by making the file invalid (bigger claim acreage) and refile for a for sale listing of his own.

And just for the record, we sold that sweet claim after filing it and owning it for four years for only 500 bucks.
Beware folks, don't get ripped off!

Legalities are still the claim owners responibility whether the previous claim owner (seller) should have done it or not......you buy a messed up claim, then you'll be then one stuck dealing with it, not the previous guy who sold it to you.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 8 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #13

Master Mucker!

I've moved this thread from the club members protected section out to the prospectors general discussions section.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 9 2010, 12:47 AM
Post #14

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jun 6 2010, 08:33 PM) *

I recently was consulting with a club member/claim owner who'd bought a claim from them and after a long confusing mess (over filings) ended up having to chase his money down for a refund. Fortunately the refund was given after some time.

CP

My first encounter with them (I think it was them) was back in 2005 when one of their guys (I forget his name) offered to sell me 5 acre placer claim, for $5,000. Patented. Well, I ain't no dummy. So I checked on the legality of it, turned out the claim not only does not exist but it is private property that had been given to the town of Puny Vista for the Riverside Park they no have! Can't sell (legally) something ya don't have the lawful ownership of, amigo. It just don't happen.

But the town of Puny Vista did give me consent to gold pan down there to my hearts content!

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
russau
post Jun 9 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #15

russau

Member No.: 43

ALWAYS check with the county tax assessor on who owns the property,what the exact location is, and whos paying taxs on it. the BLM isnt very fast/accurate on its filings but the county is so they can start collecting taxs. the BLM has in the past allowed people to file over other peoples claims.they dont care, it is YOUR responsibility to have done that first! theres a long post over on the GPAA forum of a guy that had some club file over his standing claim. what a mess it has turned into!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:29 AM