ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
spud
post Jun 22 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #16

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Welcome Boogie to this mad house!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif only joshin - these are real good folks !! now seeing as you are only startin out i thought I would help out by makin sure you get your bag of marbles first thing! ok you are askin WHA!!! well you take your bag of marbles out every time you go gold huntin' and when you dig a hole and find some gold place one marble in the hole before you backfill! ok ya still with me ? good --now when you have used all the marbles you will be a fully fledged Miner ---------------------- why?---- -----------------------------because you will have lost all yer MARBLES!!! smiley-laughing021.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jun 23 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #17

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,248

QUOTE (spud @ Jun 22 2010, 11:14 PM) *
Welcome Boogie to this mad house!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif only joshin - these are real good folks !! now seeing as you are only startin out i thought I would help out by makin sure you get your bag of marbles first thing! ok you are askin WHA!!! well you take your bag of marbles out every time you go gold huntin' and when you dig a hole and find some gold place one marble in the hole before you backfill! ok ya still with me ? good --now when you have used all the marbles you will be a fully fledged Miner ---------------------- why?---- -----------------------------because you will have lost all yer MARBLES!!! smiley-laughing021.gif

Sounds kind of silly, but OK... Even the aggies eh?? Well, alright... I hope this works....

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 24 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #18

Master Mucker

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ May 22 2010, 09:29 AM) *
You are very welcome Boogie, we've got alot of input from many folks around the forum that will hopefully help find more of that wild stuff too.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks for saying that Boogie, that shows alot on your part and yes we do get frustated as all get out when threads continually get other clubs names or their gatherings etc talked about while we are trying to discuss things here but it happens. I try to just keep the flows positive as possible without getting nasty about it because it does happen and it's not the end of the world. No worries. biggrin.gif
In this thread for instance, I now have a great opportunity to show everyone reading why the Colorado Prospector club is so different! signs021.gif

So as an example lets recap from this thread....another clubs claims ? Maybe, who's to say for sure? There are new buildings and a closed dude ranch on 14 acres. FS is the agency who closed it. and it may or may not be a temp closeure?
That's alot of questions for a "suppose to be able to access claim" isn't it? From what I've read here....this could have been or may still be a location claim where someone or club wanted to start a guided dude ranch?......possibly for prospecting? Hmmmmm who knows but that could explain why the FS has closed it if the guide and out fitters license and bonding was never finalized or?
The point is that is alot of questions and who the heck would you contact for an answer?

For a Colorado Prospector club member, these types of questions do not arise. Why you wonder.......because we are not telling you to go to any claim we are holding for your use. FOLKS THAT WOULD NOT BE A MINING ACTIVITY AND THEREFORE NOT A VALID REASON TO FILE OR HOLD A MINING CLAIM!
As CP club members you are the only club members any where who can re verify any iformation we supply you. Including open lands we've already researched and were open when we finished that research! There are NO OTHER CLUBS who will teach or present this information for you to learn or re verify and that is the crux of our conception in 2003. THE CLUB CONCEPT HAS NEVER CHANGED AND IT NEVER WILL!
To really be a bona fide prospector/miner you need to know the right information, be able to verify and use that information both in research at home and in the field.
Having the right information and train of thought will only equal success in your mining! emoticon-misc-004.gif signs026.gif smileyflag.gif

So, as a comparision, everyone can see the value of being able to reverify and have references to back them up can not only mean less questions in the field, but much better success rate to individual's prospecting and mining ventures with knowledge that is correct and usable.

Since we are discussing the club, I have to also mention for the guests reading, we have a club membership drive running right now as well.
For details on the membership drive or membership levels and benefits click over to the "Club Membership Drive 2010" thread.......Become a part of the Colorado Prospector club. We'd all be honored to have your participation and you'd part of an awesome community of prospectors/miners!
smile.gif

CP

Hmmm. A few things I have to wonder about is the ranch. How can the USFS close it? I knew the couple that had it back in '04 and last I knew it was 100% privately owned. Yes claims overlapped onto the private property, and even the owners didn't understand that. But they did tell me they had a lawyer there in Idaho Springs working on it.

As for gold, I found gold there in the creek, not much, but it's there. Back when I was GPAA I had gone there several times. The creek is between Soda Creek road (?) and the unimproved campground at Barbour Forks. According to the data I had back then, the campground was part of the Homack claims (somewhat).

I found some flour up the hill, unsure if it is on the Homack claims or not (couldn't find the markers).

I'm sorry no one found the gold bullion they apparently expected to find. Such is life as a prospector- a day late and a dollar short.
Which is why I love Colorado Prospectors. Here we learn to prospect for gold like real prospectors.

I best withhold my opinions of the other clubs as I don't wanna get banned (again). eating-popcorn-03.gif

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 25 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #19

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Good one Spud, lost all the marbles! smiley-laughing021.gif

Sorry to hear you've had that type of past experiences being banned Coalbunny.
Fortunately the Colorado Prospector club has never had to ban any club members yet. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif We have a great group of club members who are for the most part very serious about their individual prospecting and mining ventures.
signs021.gif
Keep on diggin' in everyone! emoticon-misc-004.gif happy088.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 26 2010, 03:50 AM
Post #20

Master Mucker

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jun 25 2010, 09:25 AM) *
Sorry to hear you've had that type of past experiences being banned Coalbunny.
Fortunately the Colorado Prospector club has never had to ban any club members yet. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif We have a great group of club members who are for the most part very serious about their individual prospecting and mining ventures.
signs021.gif
Keep on diggin' in everyone! emoticon-misc-004.gif happy088.gif

CP

No, Dan. If I shared my opinions of the other clubs, you would ban me.

Trust me.

I don't like them.

And boy do they know it! smiley-laughing021.gif

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 26 2010, 08:37 AM
Post #21

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Well since you've never been banned here then I thought "again" meant from somewhere else.

I think we've all got the gist of your opinion of other clubs thanks.

Glad you rate the Colorado Prospector club as #1.
happy088.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jun 26 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #22

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jun 26 2010, 09:37 AM) *
I think we've all got the gist of your opinion of other clubs thanks.

Thank you CP for trying to maintain a friendly environment! smile.gif

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 26 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #23

Master Mucker

As I stated....
QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Jun 24 2010, 12:24 AM) *
Hmmm. A few things I have to wonder about is the ranch. How can the USFS close it? I knew the couple that had it back in '04 and last I knew it was 100% privately owned. Yes claims overlapped onto the private property, and even the owners didn't understand that. But they did tell me they had a lawyer there in Idaho Springs working on it.

As for gold, I found gold there in the creek, not much, but it's there. Back when I was GPAA I had gone there several times. The creek is between Soda Creek road (?) and the unimproved campground at Barbour Forks. According to the data I had back then, the campground was part of the Homack claims (somewhat).

I found some flour up the hill, unsure if it is on the Homack claims or not (couldn't find the markers).

So how does the USFS get the authority to close private property?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jun 27 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #24

Shovel Buster!

QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Jun 27 2010, 12:54 AM) *
As I stated....

So how does the USFS get the authority to close private property?

"Pursuant to 36 CFR §261.50(a), the following acts are prohibited in that area occupied by the former
Clear Creek Dude Ranch, on National Forest System lands administered by the Arapaho National
Forest, Clear Creek County, Colorado (the “restricted area”). The Order shall be in effect immediately
upon approval."

Link to 36 CFR §261.50(a)
http://cfr.vlex.com/vid/261-50-orders-19770723

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post
spud
post Jun 27 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #25

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Boogie @ Jun 27 2010, 02:18 AM) *
"Pursuant to 36 CFR §261.50(a), the following acts are prohibited in that area occupied by the former
Clear Creek Dude Ranch, on National Forest System lands administered by the Arapaho National
Forest, Clear Creek County, Colorado (the “restricted area”). The Order shall be in effect immediately
upon approval."

Wow! the land of the free??

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 29 2010, 03:41 AM
Post #26

Master Mucker

QUOTE (Boogie @ Jun 27 2010, 01:18 AM) *
upon approval."

Oh. So just because the USFS says it's theirs means it is? According to the fine couple that had it before, they owned it outright. The only way to know for sure is to hit the county assessors office.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:27 PM