ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Boulder Area, Boulder panning and Sluicing areas
Miles H
post Jan 13 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,143

I moved here about a year and a half ago from southern CA and I live in broomfield just outside of Boulder. I have been doing a little research of the gold hill areas and surrounding areas. I was wondering if anybody knew of these areas being available to prospect. I would like to find some areas a little closer to me if possible but it seems everything is up highway 70 or farther. Im use to metal detecting and I sold my minelab when I came out here to do some sluicing hopefully. I have one friend that I grew up with that moved out here that I can go out with but neither of us have done any prospecting out here in CO. Im very serious about making this a hobby that I have always been obsessed over to the point I watch movies daily of prospecting anywhere I can find them and go to bed dreaming so I know I have gold fever and it runs in the family. My uncle died as a miner even though I never got to know him I should have been his son. I hope to meet some good people out there and if any body can offer me some advice I would love to take it. At the moment I have a heard time knowing how to go about finding property available to look at before filing a claim and how you can find those areas on a map if possible. At the moment I am going to cosmetology school of all things do to the economy and being great with my hands it will be a great career for me. I have a wife and a baby girl turning 1. I came out here because the economy is so messed up and I wanted to invest my money somewhere I felt had some sustainability and I feel that I made the best move I could. I worked in the pipeline industry where I got a lot of experience working along back hoes and digging by hand and proper shoring and it sounds crazy to most people but I love digging and my favorite would be digging for gold. If anyone lives in the area I would love to find some people that carry the same interests I don't have many friends out here so I figure this would be my first place I would like to look. I would love to meet the old timers that I could learn a lot from. Hope to get to know all of you and plan to be a part of everything that goes on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CP
post Jan 21 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Miles H,

Welcome to the forums and Colorado too. I'm sure you'll love living here and prospecting with such a wide diversity of geology across this state.
Careful when you are around any old production areas as you will find many many privately held claims and land around them. You'll want to make certain that any areas you prospect on are in fact open to prospect and do not have any exsisting claims or have privatel land there.
Boulder county especially and for the record it's not a very miner friendly county.......just be aware and know your rights.

Good luck when ever you do get out prospecting too, we all hope you find a really sweet spot to prospect on.

Oh and if you're not already a Colorado Prospector club member, you might wish to check out the details on the club membership page as well, as a club member you'll have alot of great info and more folks who can help you learn about the land research and finding those open spots.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
leonard
post Feb 1 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jan 21 2011, 09:07 AM) *
Hi Miles H,

Welcome to the forums and Colorado too. I'm sure you'll love living here and prospecting with such a wide diversity of geology across this state.
Careful when you are around any old production areas as you will find many many privately held claims and land around them. You'll want to make certain that any areas you prospect on are in fact open to prospect and do not have any exsisting claims or have privatel land there.
Boulder county especially and for the record it's not a very miner friendly county.......just be aware and know your rights.

Good luck when ever you do get out prospecting too, we all hope you find a really sweet spot to prospect on.

Oh and if you're not already a Colorado Prospector club member, you might wish to check out the details on the club membership page as well, as a club member you'll have alot of great info and more folks who can help you learn about the land research and finding those open spots.

CP

I have a claim in boulder county that we normally dredge. This time of year isn't very good as there is all kinds of ice over the water. If you want to go later in spring after it warms up, we could go there. It's in Lefthand Canyon. I live near Berthoud. Take a look at http://golddredger.com/menu.htm as the Golden Optimist claim is in Lefthand Canyon. Also, look at Hard Rock Exploration Near Jamestown Colorado. That is up Lefthand Canyon. Unfortunately, this is not a good time as the water is hard, as in ice.

Also, take a look at http://golddredgervideo.com/menu.htm Both sites mentioned are mine.

Leonard

+Quote Post
russau
post Feb 2 2011, 07:04 AM
Post #4

russau

Member No.: 43

and theres hours of free videos to watch!

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 24 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #5

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (leonard @ Feb 1 2011, 03:45 PM) *
I have a claim in boulder county that we normally dredge. This time of year isn't very good as there is all kinds of ice over the water. If you want to go later in spring after it warms up, we could go there. It's in Lefthand Canyon. I live near Berthoud. Take a look at http://golddredger.com/menu.htm as the Golden Optimist claim is in Lefthand Canyon. Also, look at Hard Rock Exploration Near Jamestown Colorado. That is up Lefthand Canyon. Unfortunately, this is not a good time as the water is hard, as in ice.

Also, take a look at http://golddredgervideo.com/menu.htm Both sites mentioned are mine.

Leonard

Here is a picture of a group of us at Leonards claim. Steep trek to the river though.......so steep Gat almost looks like hes afraid hes going to fall over just standing near it. laugh.gif CP likes pushing the edge too as you can see. giggle.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
swizz
post Feb 24 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Feb 24 2011, 04:21 PM) *
CP likes pushing the edge too as you can see. giggle.gif

Dan? Holy cow, I thought that was 'Harry' from Harry and The Hendersons. groucho.gif
Killer beard! greensmilies-012.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 25 2011, 07:44 AM
Post #7

Master Mucker!

Ha! Thats about what he looks like right now......I call it his ZZTop look. biggrin.gif

That tall handsome gentleman to the back right of me with the shades on is Leonard.
smile.gif

--------------------

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
leonard
post Feb 25 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #8

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Feb 25 2011, 06:44 AM) *
Ha! Thats about what he looks like right now......I call it his ZZTop look. biggrin.gif

That tall handsome gentleman to the back right of me with the shades on is Leonard.
smile.gif

You wouldn't recognize me now as since I retired, I grew a beard. Shaving every day was too much work. It's not as long as Dan's was but it's getting there.

When the weather gets better, if club members are in the area, we can go dredging on my claim again. I might have to get a larger size wet suit because I'm "much more of a man" that I used to be.

Leonard

+Quote Post
Miles H
post Feb 26 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #9

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 8,143

Thank you for your post sorry I didnt realize anyone replied to my post till now. I would be very interested coming into the season to go check out these claims and maybe lend a hand. I am in it just to have fun and get some time in the out doors. I love to dig and look for things in the dirt it has run through my blood ever since I was about 5 years old with my rock collections that my parents never understood. Moving to the rockies I havnt had any time to go camping or anything like that. All the time I have spent in the mountains is in the winter time snow boarding. This summer I plan on spending time in the rivers and doing some prospecting. I would like to keep in touch I live in broomfield so pretty close and if you have anything planned for the season and need any help please let me know. Everything I have learned is from people I meet and I enjoy finding people to learn from. Its not as fun going at it on your own. thank You again
Miles
QUOTE (leonard @ Feb 1 2011, 03:45 PM) *

Leonard

+Quote Post
leonard
post Feb 26 2011, 04:17 PM
Post #10

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (Miles H @ Feb 26 2011, 11:13 AM) *
Thank you for your post sorry I didnt realize anyone replied to my post till now. I would be very interested coming into the season to go check out these claims and maybe lend a hand. I am in it just to have fun and get some time in the out doors. I love to dig and look for things in the dirt it has run through my blood ever since I was about 5 years old with my rock collections that my parents never understood. Moving to the rockies I havnt had any time to go camping or anything like that. All the time I have spent in the mountains is in the winter time snow boarding. This summer I plan on spending time in the rivers and doing some prospecting. I would like to keep in touch I live in broomfield so pretty close and if you have anything planned for the season and need any help please let me know. Everything I have learned is from people I meet and I enjoy finding people to learn from. Its not as fun going at it on your own. thank You again
Miles

Miles:
We aren't too far apart. It will be a couple of months before the ice goes out and it gets to waterflow that is reasonable for dredgeing.

Keep in touch on the forum here. When the water gets to something decent. we'll get a day set up on my claim in Lefthand Canyon. If you get desperate, let me know. There are places near Denver that a sluceing day is available now. I'm retired so I can go on the weekend or during the week. I don't care much for #2 shovel work but I can show up and watch you dig.

Leonard

+Quote Post
Denise
post Feb 27 2011, 08:14 AM
Post #11

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (leonard @ Feb 26 2011, 03:17 PM) *
I don't care much for #2 shovel work but I can show up and watch you dig.

Leonard

Behave now Leonard, thats one of my best friends (#2) you're talking about there. wink.gif
I dont believe it, a chunky Leonard with a beard?......Prove it with a pic, this i have to see.
biggrin.gif

--------------------

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
leonard
post Feb 27 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #12

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Feb 27 2011, 07:14 AM) *
Behave now Leonard, thats one of my best friends (#2) you're talking about there. wink.gif
I dont believe it, a chunky Leonard with a beard?......Prove it with a pic, this i have to see.
biggrin.gif

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. Any time a lady that likes to prospect wants a picture of me, I'll oblige. The chunky you won't be able to see but the beard isn't as long as Dans but still shows up. The chunky part, I will probably have to get a 5XXX wetsuit for next year.

Leonard

+Quote Post
ronzaflake
post Mar 2 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #13

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 7,419

emoticon-object-018.gif emoticon-object-018.gif emoticon-object-018.gif
QUOTE (leonard @ Feb 27 2011, 03:42 PM) *
I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. Any time a lady that likes to prospect wants a picture of me, I'll oblige. The chunky you won't be able to see but the beard isn't as long as Dans but still shows up. The chunky part, I will probably have to get a 5XXX wetsuit for next year.

Leonard

+Quote Post
leonard
post Mar 3 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #14

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (ronzaflake @ Mar 2 2011, 08:28 PM) *
emoticon-object-018.gif emoticon-object-018.gif emoticon-object-018.gif

I guess this was supposed to be a reminder to get the picture. I'd forgotten. I don't usually take pictures of myself. I'll warn you, it's kind of scary. This is about the length that I've been keeping it.
Leonard

Attached Image

+Quote Post
ronzaflake
post Mar 3 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #15

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 7,419

QUOTE (leonard @ Mar 3 2011, 01:21 PM) *
I guess this was supposed to be a reminder to get the picture. I'd forgotten. I don't usually take pictures of myself. I'll warn you, it's kind of scary. This is about the length that I've been keeping it.
Leonard

Attached Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:59 AM