ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Club Member Outings with Mike!
MikeS
post Aug 25 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #31

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 116,265

I invited all of the Colorado Prospector Club Members to join me on my claim last weekend and we found some nice Goethite, Fluorite and Quartz crystals!
Thanks everyone for coming! A special thanks to those who helped with transportation and to the CP Club for making this possible. smiley-cool14.gif

On Saturday most of us attacked an older dig that has produced some large and unique Goethite in the past. I found a few nice smokey quartz crystals and Dave found a nice blue fluorite cube but it was mostly unproductive. Determined to find big Goethite specimens I went uphill and started tearing at a newer dig that has also produced large Goethite. After digging for the last few hours of the day in the newer spot I found a nice combo of Fluorite and Feldspar on a nice Goethite plate. So on Sunday we attacked that spot and by the end of the day many very nice specimens we harvested.

I only took a few pics in the field and my pictures of the specimens didn't turn out but I will have video edited soon and I will get some good pics of my best finds from the outing.

Here is the few pics I took to get it started.

James, Crusty, Jason and Ian working 3 individual pockets of crystals.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

The weather was fantastic besides the haze of smoke coming from the wildfires out west.

Attached Image

More pics and video to come.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:16 AM