ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Miller table from ebay.
relicsncoins
post Mar 25 2016, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 122,572

Just curious if anyone has one of these, and what there thoughts are on it. I have watched a few you tube videos, and it seems to work quite well, and the price is pretty decent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miller-Table-LIFET...1gAAOSwa-dWkTxp
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
HighGrade
post Nov 4 2016, 11:50 AM
Post #2

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 122,683

I have personally made my own miller table from a plastic tote, water pump, flat piece of wood with black chalkboard paint, and PVC to make a spray bar for under $75. Once they are fine tuned they are great for recovering fine flower gold. I also drilled a hole thru the deck and mounted a gold vile to the bottom so that I could use a small paint brush to push the gold in. Takes patience to get it tuned correctly with the right angle and amount of water flow. But once there tuned it, you can simple spoon the sand onto the table and the water will wash all the black sand away and leave the gold/platinum on the table. The biggest con is that it is a very slow process compared to other methods for fine gold recovery but it is the best way to get all your gold IMO.

+Quote Post
relicsncoins
post Nov 4 2016, 12:39 PM
Post #3

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 122,572

QUOTE (HighGrade @ Nov 4 2016, 12:50 PM) *
I have personally made my own miller table from a plastic tote, water pump, flat piece of wood with black chalkboard paint, and PVC to make a spray bar for under $75. Once they are fine tuned they are great for recovering fine flower gold. I also drilled a hole thru the deck and mounted a gold vile to the bottom so that I could use a small paint brush to push the gold in. Takes patience to get it tuned correctly with the right angle and amount of water flow. But once there tuned it, you can simple spoon the sand onto the table and the water will wash all the black sand away and leave the gold/platinum on the table. The biggest con is that it is a very slow process compared to other methods for fine gold recovery but it is the best way to get all your gold IMO.

The biggest downside I've seen, is that a piece of rounded gold will want to try and roll down the table.

+Quote Post
HighGrade
post Nov 4 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #4

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 122,683

QUOTE (relicsncoins @ Nov 4 2016, 01:39 PM) *
The biggest downside I've seen, is that a piece of rounded gold will want to try and roll down the table.

That is true, the shape to the gold does matter and small nuggets will roll. Hopefully, If your diligent, you should be able to spot them before they go off the edge. Also, helps to attach a tray or bucket to the end of the table to capture the rejects or chance that a nugget rolls off.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:49 AM