ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gold panning near Gunnison or Durango
samc
post Jun 22 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,282

We are going on vacation from Texas in late July and am looking for some good sites to pan for gold and rock hounding near Almont / Gunnison and Durango - this is a family trip and just want some fun times for my daughters to dig and find some decent stuff. We can drive to sites if needed - 8 days on the road!

Any tips or guidance would be great!

Looking forward to visiting the great state of CO! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CP
post Jun 18 2012, 08:31 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Kev2008, Welcome to the world of prospecting and the Colorado Prospector website.
You'll love prospecting and NM is a great state for it in many areas as well as minerals.

I would definately NOT USE that list as a "where to go" of any kind.....that is only a write up of known production/mines that would certainly lead you to private land. That list and any others like it should have a disclaimer/warning paragraph top of each page/state that says something about private lands and check that lands are open to prospect before using that info on field trips.
Although it will definately give you an idea of historical production/records for areas but there are no specifics about any spots to go or where to find the proper information so that one could find "open land" to prospect.

For any adventure on our lands, one just needs to do some basic research to make certain the area you wish to prospect during your adventure/field trips are in fact open to do that without having any private claims/land.

Here's a recent posting I've written up about this very topic that you might find useful in the future.
Why research?

Have a great time, stay safe out there and good luck in your prospecting.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Kev2008
post Jun 18 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,333

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jun 18 2012, 09:31 AM) *
Hi Kev2008, Welcome to the world of prospecting and the Colorado Prospector website.
You'll love prospecting and NM is a great state for it in many areas as well as minerals.

I would definately NOT USE that list as a "where to go" of any kind.....that is only a write up of known production/mines that would certainly lead you to private land. That list and any others like it should have a disclaimer/warning paragraph top of each page/state that says something about private lands and check that lands are open to prospect before using that info on field trips.
Although it will definately give you an idea of historical production/records for areas but there are no specifics about any spots to go or where to find the proper information so that one could find "open land" to prospect.

For any adventure on our lands, one just needs to do some basic research to make certain the area you wish to prospect during your adventure/field trips are in fact open to do that without having any private claims/land.

Here's a recent posting I've written up about this very topic that you might find useful in the future.
Why research?

Have a great time, stay safe out there and good luck in your prospecting.

CP

Thanks a million!!!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:45 PM