ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gold panning near Gunnison or Durango
samc
post Jun 22 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,282

We are going on vacation from Texas in late July and am looking for some good sites to pan for gold and rock hounding near Almont / Gunnison and Durango - this is a family trip and just want some fun times for my daughters to dig and find some decent stuff. We can drive to sites if needed - 8 days on the road!

Any tips or guidance would be great!

Looking forward to visiting the great state of CO! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CP
post Jun 22 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi samc,

Welcome to the forums, make yourself right at home browsing the website. Sounds like a great trip in the plans and you'll have great prospecting at most any place you visit in the state. Colorado has over 770 mineral types to look for in it's geology. I don't have any specific spots to recommend but there is a tour at the old 100 mine in Silverton that looks interesting. The surrounding area around Durango and Gunnison does have NF/BLM lands so you could check around those areas but just be sure there aren't any active mining claims where you prospect.

Someone else who's spent some time prospecting that area may be able to post up some recommended spots for you soon.

Have a great adventure and safe travels along the way, hope you all discover lots of neat goodies too.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:49 PM