ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ice Cold Gold
leonard
post May 29 2013, 09:08 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

Did anyone else catch the final episode on NATGEO of this? They didn't find any gold but they found a ruby deposit where the rock was impregnated with small rubies. They were digging them out with a knife. If it comes on again I'll dvr it and get some pictures. I was impressed!

Leonard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CP
post May 30 2013, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Bummer to hear that again with yet another new "prospectors show". We actually received an invite from the producers of this one and the weather channels latest on Mt. Antero and many others in the past few years. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?!) after my responses to the production invites of "yes, I'll be happy to help your company with this project (with compensation of course)......but I will not play up drama nor will I help propetuate a greed attitude to the public. I will definately help your company show the reality of prospecting for this project."... or similar responses .....

We've never heard back again from one producer yet. That's also why we never post up these invites in the forums either, they just don't seem to really have true prospectors desires/intentions in mind when producing what they call "entertainment".
Why waste ours (or anyone elses) time with good efforts to help in an educational way, only to see most of what is educational end up on an editing room floor so that some dramatic bs can be aired.
Latest one we've gotten (month stale in email) is supposedly for a national geo show, but doesn't sound like much difference from the production invites of past.

We may do some in the future for sure Woody, but I think it will have to be a self production since the current production studios seem to be lacking the knowledge of what they produce on air for the prospecting/mining topics.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
15 User(s) are reading this topic (15 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:38 PM