ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
North American Diamonds, Exploration of US
Bennie
post Sep 29 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #31

Shovel Buster!

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,517

Hello Russ, whell when we dug in a few of these lakes , which there is no less than 20 of em wink.gif here in colorado , I observed deeply wheathered kimberlite and csalcuim carbonate build up on the shorelines smile.gif I did find pieces of eclogite at a few of the lakes but , from research on some of the world class kimberlite pipes in canada which are under lakes , they all have the good kimberlite buried under 50 meters of bunk kimberlire smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif most of the lakes turned up xenoliths that were quartz and granite related IE zeolite , quartzite , rutile and 1 of the lakes in particular did furnish evidence to the upper mantle cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
faaus
post Sep 30 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #32

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 978

QUOTE (Bennie @ Sep 29 2008, 09:27 AM) *
Hello Russ, whell when we dug in a few of these lakes , which there is no less than 20 of em wink.gif here in colorado , I observed deeply wheathered kimberlite and csalcuim carbonate build up on the shorelines smile.gif I did find pieces of eclogite at a few of the lakes but , from research on some of the world class kimberlite pipes in canada which are under lakes , they all have the good kimberlite buried under 50 meters of bunk kimberlire smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif most of the lakes turned up xenoliths that were quartz and granite related IE zeolite , quartzite , rutile and 1 of the lakes in particular did furnish evidence to the upper mantle cool.gif

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned the great book "Barren Lands" by Kevin Krajick. The website that supports that book has recently posted an hour-long illustrated video lecture by the author. Watching it should whet your appetite to read the book. You will learn a good bit of interesting informations about diamonds... and prospecting for them in the video...and more in the book:

http://www.barrenlands.com/

Heavy Pans,
faaus

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Nov 7 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #33

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 6,813

QUOTE (Bennie @ Aug 3 2008, 08:07 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

whell the other day I may have located a very ridiculously large sized kimberlite pipe in Colorado.
This may or may not be a Diamondiferious kimberlite , but am positive its related as I found many Xenoliths inside this pipe. The xenoliths found inside arent the conventional Indicator Minerals, But for sure came from an unknown depth and are present on the surphase. It apears to have eroded to the usual blue soils mainly Chlorite and montmorillonite clay, in this picture you can see sodium carbonate on the granitic rocks in the lake, another characteristic of kimberlite there is no source of salt ANYWHERE in this granitic basement,

This might be a kimberlite , im not certain but will know shortly as im contacting the best ,
If a kimberlite , would prove the largest pipe in The USA
Bennie

This is a Federal Mining Claim that is located, recorded, and maintained in accordance with 43 C. F. R. Part 3800 and 30 U. S. C. 1744 and all appropriate state laws. All persons are warned that disturbance of the monuments, surface, or improvements on this claim or removal of minerals of any type without permission of the claimant, will result in their prosecution under the appropriate state and federal statutes. Many of the other "lakes" and kimberlite emplacements in the area are also under claim.

Sincerely,

Tonko Mining Company, Inc.
http://www.meteoritecrater.com/

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
russau
post Nov 9 2008, 06:02 AM
Post #34

russau

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Nov 7 2008, 05:33 PM) *
This is a Federal Mining Claim that is located, recorded, and maintained in accordance with 43 C. F. R. Part 3800 and 30 U. S. C. 1744 and all appropriate state laws. All persons are warned that disturbance of the monuments, surface, or improvements on this claim or removal of minerals of any type without permission of the claimant, will result in their prosecution under the appropriate state and federal statutes. Many of the other "lakes" and kimberlite emplacements in the area are also under claim.

Sincerely,

yep i sure wouldnt want to trespass on anyones claim! i imagine theres enough of that as it is!but the information given here has been really enlightning to read and research about. ive seen some of these indicator materials in a sand and gravel plant that is getting its material from the anceint Mississippi River channel at 130/150 feet down and 5 miles from the current river channel. the close up colored pictures have helped educate this old man! and i say thank you for that!

+Quote Post
russau
post Nov 9 2008, 06:05 AM
Post #35

russau

Faaus i bought that book"Barron lands" and im slowly reading it as i have time. its good! thanks for the headsup on it!

+Quote Post
Bennie
post Nov 26 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #36

Shovel Buster!

My Point In Discusing These Anomolies Is ; Discoveries Like This Can Be Made , As Uncommon As One Would Invision HUGE DISCOVERIES CAN BE MADE , and Discoveries Happen To Doers Not Observers . I have Hiked over 100 Miles This Past Summer Alone Looking For Pipes ,
I Have Found Things That I Cant Even Talk About , None From The Redfeather Region ...

When Called by Mr Tonko I Told Him What Im Telling You All , I Believe The Lakes Are A Waste Of Time. But Only Time Will Tell as its still premature to say diamonex's findings compared to my own conclusions.
Yes I had Pictures Of The Unclaimable Lakes . Yes I Small grabbed the shorelines on the unclaimable but still connected TREND.
Research is Always Key To Claiming , Dont Be Afraid To Gather All Information Needed , Get MTP's Get LR2000 Get Documents From The BLM, Make Sure Where You Want Is Claimable , If You Think Youve Found Somthing Be Certain !!! ,Earlier This Summer I WAs Near Redfeather Lakes Colorado , I thought I may have Located a and at first wasnt sure it was a kimberlite , More Reasearch In The Area Proved That Mr Tonko Found em Before me and a year earlier also found by Hausel and way before that Discovered By Ft Collins's Own Howard G Coopersmith , I did Look Into This Area Thouroughly and Thats why I was gatherin Docs Mr. Tonko . I was Looking For My Own , theres Still Pipes Inside That Township That ARENT Claimed , I Know , Ive Seen Em , I Know Every Place There That Is Claimed . My Honest Opinion Is These Pipes Arent Favorable and are even along trend with the unfavorable "chicken park group" which i believe these lakes to be Eocene bearing hypabyssal kimberlites . also carbonate bearing but unlikley for diamonds .In A Few Of My Field Investigations I sampled The Larger and Unclaimable . Based On Some Of My Findings, Theres NO Evidence Of Any Ultramafic Source or Kimberlitic Indicators of any Kind, In One Of The Lakes I Found A Large Matric Orange Tourmaline Crystal Which Alone Suggests It Was Too Hot For Diamond Preservation and Other Pegmatic And Many Unrelatated Occurances Also Seemed To Popup not even as much as a grain was a kimberlitic indicator mineral , but they drilled em im just saying at the surphase nothing maybe 50 meters down Maybe .

In My Defense I wasnt advertising Any Openness or availability of any sites , I Did Wonder at one point but later Cured My Curioucity With a Peek at the public lakes where mining is withdrawln from the mtp and is a recreation area and I was not impresesed. Theres lots of claims better know where you are and what your doing or your not a prospector , Prospectors know whats going on and we dont get lost .
Not all of em are claimed as i mentioned Ive looked that area up and down and have seen ones that arent
Trust Me I Was Far From Impressed in The Lakes , But There Is Many Many Discoveries To Be Made Allover Just Wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Howard Coopersmith ::"Several companies came into the area over the years. In fact, Coopersmith said three separate companies explored in the same location that DiamonEx is interested in. Coopersmith himself was involved in exploration in that same area in 1978."
“I did test it in 1978 and it has been tested extensively twice since then,” he said. “Since then, everyone has walked away.” pcwhack.gif

The Truth Is Often More Interesting Than Fiction
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Bennie
post Nov 26 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #37

Shovel Buster!

happy088.gif This Is Good Stuff happy088.gif

Beautiful Diatreme Facies Not a hypabyssal Kimberlite, This Is What Its All About . Xenolith Rich, a Diamond is just a xenolith and , (Xenolith ; is just a forighn rock introduced into a "lava" and originated from an unknown depth ), This Kimberlite brought Diamond and A Variety Of Mantle Lherzolitic Kimberlitic Indicator minerals and Is Composed Of mostly mantle material , a conglomerate of mantle Xenoliths and indicator minerals , This Is An Example Of Hard Rock Kimberlite That Would Be Blasted And Crushed And Processed For Diamonds. This Specimen Is One Of My Own Personal Findings...

hypabyssal Kimberlite Is the waste properties and unusable Breccia which doesnt host diamonds and These Pipes Can Be in Close Proximity To Diamondifferious Xenolith Rich Diatreme Facies , But Due To The Circumstances Reguarding hypabyssal Kimberlites They are not Mined even if these pipes were touching good diatreme facies , and sometimes are .

" The Truth Is Often Stranger Than Fiction" (Bennie U 2008)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
russau
post Nov 27 2008, 06:13 AM
Post #38

russau

yep Bennie i understood your entire posting of info and im learning a lot about it! will i ever react to this posting? maybe not ,but ill be better prepared in the event that i do come across a location like this. thanks for the enlighting info!

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Nov 27 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #39

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,819

WOW talk about good posts!! Very informative. Thanks for all the info Benny. Please keep us informed on how things are going and your time spent in the field. Makes for fascinating reading!

--------------------
Amethystguy cometh and the amethystguy taketh away

+Quote Post
Bennie
post Nov 27 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #40

Shovel Buster!

music022.gif Thank You For Reading music022.gif

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Nov 29 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #41

Rock Bar!

Hi Everyone:

I certainly have no problem with exchanging information and promoting prospecting as I support those efforts with membership in several organizations including the Colorado Prospector club. On the otherhand, I have no respect for claim jumpers. Here's a set of photos detailing the excavation of sand samples and blue clays that were being collected without my permission from one my company's diamond mining claims this past summer.

[attachment=3010:claimjump.jpg]
[attachment=3011:claimjump2.jpg]
[attachment=3012:claimjump3.jpg]
[attachment=3013:claimjump4.jpg]

If anyone has further knowledge of this instance or any other incident of claim jumping efforts against my mineral right ownership, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Johnny Tonko
President

"A CLAIM JUMPER IS NOT A PROSPECTOR" Johnny Tonko 2008

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
CP
post Nov 30 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #42

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I'd like to thank Johnny for explaining a little bit more about this situation.
I'm sure it's quite frustrating to have found out about claim jumping on your claim via the internet.........big time GRRRRR!
TSK, TSK, to the mineral tresspasser(s)! mad.gif

Whether someone is following trends or not in hopes of a new discovery, this does not justify claim jumping and I agree with Johnny......claim jumpers are not prospectors. Prospectors have respect for exsisting claim owners and are normally very careful not to tresspass claims.
That specific knowledge and how to obtain it is part of the ColoradoProspector club and websites main goals. This is also the reason I am posting in this thread as the site owner.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FIELD INFO!! KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND ESPECIALLY WHERE YOU SHOULDN'T BE WHEN PROSPECTING.
Unfortunately, as it seems in this situation, the field sampling was done on someones exsisting claims even though I would suspect those claims are well marked and recorded as federal requirements indicate.
Do not find yourself in this situation. stop.gif Find out for sure prior to your sampling that it is in fact open to prospect there.

Again thank you Johnny for a bit more explination here and we are VERY PROUD to have your participation within the ColoradoProspector club and website.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
amethystguy
post Nov 30 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #43

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,819

Since I deal with a lot of mine owners here in the South-east I have seen first ahnd how tresspassing can hurt or hinder your mining and prospecting. I am sorry to hear about that Mr. Tonko. Out there you guys have so much land that it would be hard to differenciate between someone's claim and public land. You really have to know where you are at so as not to step on anyone's toes. Is there a map you can get which shows where the claims are? Here in GA and most places have fences and or NO TRESSPASSING signs around property but that still doesn't stop all tresspassers. When my friend used to work JXR amethyst mine he would cover as much of the area he was working in with dirt and the trackhoe but he couldn't cover it all. He would tell me stories of chasing off people who would sneak in all the time trying to dig and steal from him. It was easy for somebody to sneak on the property and dig and they just might have pulled out a 5000 dollar crystal or a 10,000 dollar cluster. I guess it doesn't matter where you live because there is always somebody who will break the rules. Hell, there have been claimjumpers since gold was first discovered. Usually if you find someone on your property like that you have to give them a warning as it could be an honest mistake but that second time ole Mr. sheriff needs to come on out and he will straighten things out.

--------------------
Amethystguy cometh and the amethystguy taketh away

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Nov 30 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #44

Rock Bar!

[quote name='amethystguy' date='Nov 30 2008, 01:41 PM' post='15515']
Since I deal with a lot of mine owners here in the South-east I have seen first ahnd how tresspassing can hurt or hinder your mining and prospecting. I am sorry to hear about that Mr. Tonko. Out there you guys have so much land that it would be hard to differenciate between someone's claim and public land. You really have to know where you are at so as not to step on anyone's toes. Is there a map you can get which shows where the claims are?

Dear amethystguy:

The ColoradoProspector club and website is far and away the best I've seen for educating people about where to prospect. Although this information has been posted elsewhere on the forum by several other knowledgeable folks, it might help for a refresher at this point.

Colorado mining claims on public lands must be filed in a timely manner with the county clerk and recorder and also with the State BLM office. The claim filing documents are required by law to have a clear legal description along with a scaled map. There really isn't an excuse for not using these public records to prevent a mineral trespass. However, it has also been my experience that some claim jumpers will acquire copies of the claim documents in order to go to the claim and steal whatever they can.

While having law enforcement take care of the criminal aspect in blatant cases, it is also possible for the claim owner to take a civil action against the offending party as well. A civil lawsuit allows for recovery of specimens stolen, attorney fees and court costs. It can be a very expensive mistake for someone depending on the circumstances.

This link will take you to a government website that has the claim boundaries and it is very quick and easy to check on the status of public lands here;

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/lan...home/index.shtm

Give the site a try when you get the chance and look through this forum's older postings for additional information. It is my strong opinion that someone who can post claim jumping photos to the www could easily learn to use resources like GeoComm and CP to avoid trouble.

Hopefully this will be of help to someone.

Sincerely,

Johnny

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
Bennie
post Dec 1 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #45

Shovel Buster!

Mr Tonko I Do Apoligize For the Picture Incident with one of my specimens and a Document that was an accident for the rest of this i have nothing to apologize for

That Wasnt one of Your Claims , Dont Act Like It Was . Thats Simply Despicable To Say.

. I Have No Further Interest In Any Of Those Lakes as Im Telling You Ritenow Thats Not a Diamondifferious Occurance , Havent Been Back Since I Found That Out , Im Not even Interested In Finding a new one in that area or nearby trend

I Told You On The Phone Them pictures Were Shot At The Unclaimable Campside lakes .

Also Notice the Trail Next To This Public Lake , This Is "Lost Lake" and I shot a number of pictures at this Lake and , We Even Dug a lil bit , this Lake Is 15 Feet From A Campsite and this half of the section is withdrawln from mining , LOOK CLOSLEY AT PICTURES Jeez It Should Look Familliar Its The Only One Of The Lakes With Structure and Walls on the side of it

+ I Can Tell From Our Phone Conversation That Your Just Trying To Get Information From Me , And Coincidentally Trying To Sell Me claims That He Pilfed From Diamonex behind their back

Claimjumpings some pretty harsh accusations and now that I clearly Explained which lake it is and ITS VISIBLE which lake is in the Pictures

I Think You Owe Me an Apology Mr Tonko
Yes Prospectors Know Where we are at all Times and We dont get lost when researching this area i even purchased Location certificates to be certain I didnt claim jump :)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:13 PM