ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
COLORADO DIAMOND PROSPECTING, Colorado has diamond deposits, you just need to look...
Forestwalker
post Jan 24 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #61

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,013

I just moved to Laporte and hope to drive up there this spring a bunch to do some prospecting for diamonds and other rare mantle minerals. If anyone wants a 25 year old geology major as partner/apprentice in the area hit me up.

Also would sluicing with a gold sluice be best or a greese table/pan for finding my first diamond? I know a few people who dredge here in CO who say they have found a few diamonds in their cons.

Tom

--------------------
Must... Find... A diamond!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 24 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #62

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 6,813

Hello Tom:

It has been my experience that a pan or sluice will work fine without adding "grease". While a grease table works well in a controlled environment, the stuff that gets into the sluice out in the field really sticks to the grease if it has carbon in it. Bugs, roots, leaves and various other carbon based items will cause you more trouble than it is worth, in my opinion.

As long as your sluice is set up to catch the black sands, diamonds will also be trapped. Just keep the riffles clean and you should do fine. Be sure to get permission from claim owners and/or private holdings to avoid any problems. Diamond prospects are well patrolled up there.

Good luck!

ASTROBLEME

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
Forestwalker
post Jan 25 2010, 02:05 PM
Post #63

Diggin' In!

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking that would be the case with the non polar detritus. I know how to set up the sluice to catch garnets which are a similar SG and I will clean up often.

Seems like its a railroad style checkerboard pattern of public and private land, how can I find who owns the private land?

I started prospecting in NH for gold and aqua/tourmaline and there are no claims so I am not used to the paperwork and claims research side but I know I have to be diligent to do right.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Jan 25 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #64

Rock Bar!

QUOTE (Forestwalker @ Jan 25 2010, 01:05 PM) *
Thanks for the advice, I was thinking that would be the case with the non polar detritus. I know how to set up the sluice to catch garnets which are a similar SG and I will clean up often.

Seems like its a railroad style checkerboard pattern of public and private land, how can I find who owns the private land?

I started prospecting in NH for gold and aqua/tourmaline and there are no claims so I am not used to the paperwork and claims research side but I know I have to be diligent to do right.

Tom:

You are right in the railroads establishing the ownership pattern. The checkerboard pattern has over the years resulted in numerous split mineral estates. In many locations, the government lands have private mineral holdings and the public lands have private mineral holdings. It takes some time to sort ownership issues out but if you focus on a small target area, that will help limit the complexity.

Larimer County has an awesome GIS & Mapping website Use this resource to identify property ownership, overlay aerial imagery, USGS quads and more.

The Larimer County Clerk and Recorder in Fort Collins will also have copies of all the mining claims and claim maps.

Hope you find this helpful.

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Feb 7 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #65

Rock Bar!

You just never know what might show up on the web!

Here's a link I found this morning that details a non-confidential Notice of Intent that has been made publicly accessible for one of my diamond mining claims;

http://drmsweblink.state.co.us/drmsweblink...ge=3&dbid=0

Perhaps this might help some of you that are considering putting together an operation for large scale prospecting.

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
russau
post Feb 8 2010, 06:46 AM
Post #66

russau

Member No.: 43

hey forest walker, to find out who owns what peice of land go to your county seat/court hous and ask to buy thier county platt book. it has all owners of that particular countys land listed and shows a map of their boundarys. i usually buy them when im looking for land to buy!they are very handy!

+Quote Post
CP
post Feb 8 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #67

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Thanks Astrobleme, that's very interesting reading and a great reference for folks possibly doing the same type of activities on their claims and the proper use of a notice of intent form and wording within. Two thumbs up! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
nm jack
post Feb 8 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #68

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 3,582

QUOTE (russau @ Feb 8 2010, 05:46 AM) *
hey forest walker, to find out who owns what peice of land go to your county seat/court hous and ask to buy thier county platt book. it has all owners of that particular countys land listed and shows a map of their boundarys. i usually buy them when im looking for land to buy!they are very handy!

Russ, here is another handy tool I use also. After you click on link click on search LSR's and plug in info.http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/

+Quote Post
Forestwalker
post Feb 8 2010, 07:55 PM
Post #69

Diggin' In!

Good to have that on the record so people can have more of an idea, I'd never seen a NOI before.

Thanks russ, sounds expensive though smiley-shocked003.gif I'l head over to the offices after class sometime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
russau
post Feb 9 2010, 06:34 AM
Post #70

russau

Member No.: 43

the platt books ive bought cost from $25./$35 each but that price varies with the countys. to me this is a very good referance source for info! i buy one foreach county i plan to dredge in so i can find out who the owner of a peice of land is without asking all of the land owners,some of which dont want you there!

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Feb 13 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #71

Rock Bar!

Notice of Intent Revisions

Here's a link to Permit No. P2008001 that DiamonEx filed in an effort to revise their drilling plans for my claims at Bull Garden. The original plan was to drill multiple holes along a boundary fence to determine if the pipe continued onto adjacent lands. This revised NOI came just weeks before the company ran into financial troubles and was forced to cancel the project.

For those that find themselves in a position to move forward on a large scale project, remember that plans can be revised but it can delay permitting. Make sure to plan appropriately so that revisions are not required that will slow down a project or delay it unexpectedly.

ASTROBLEME

--------------------

Tonko Mining Company

+Quote Post
CP
post Feb 13 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #72

Master Mucker!

Great advice Astrobleme, thanks for posting this information up.
happy088.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post Mar 3 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #73

Master Mucker!

Good luck to everyone on their diamond prospecting adventures! emoticon-misc-004.gif
I thought I'd add in some more information I've saved in recent information gatherings with all the diamond prospecting information already posted in this thread. Excellent thread here everyone thanks! happy088.gif

First is a pdf document from the Colorado state geological survey rock talk series titled "Colorado Diamonds". Well worth downloading for your own references if you are prospecting for diamonds around Colorado. happy088.gif
Attached File  ColoradoDiamonds_RockTalk_rtv2n3.pdf ( 1.59MB ) Number of downloads: 1893

Next is a link from the Wyoming state geological survey with more information relating to the Colorado Wyoming area called the state line district.
Wyoming state geoloical survey diamond page.

This one is a link to the Geology.com diamond information page with more cool info to read up on. Geology.com - diamond information

And another link to our own Colorado diamond page here at ColoradoProspector.com with additional great info and links for daimonds.
ColoradoProspector.com - Colorado Diamonds

Happy prospecting out there everyone, stay safe. happy070.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Hawkewind
post Mar 3 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #74

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 7,069

That .pdf article was really good...printed it up and will keep, thanks!

+Quote Post
Boogie
post Jun 15 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #75

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,248

SEARCHING FOR PLACER DIAMONDS

Worth saving to disk.
http://www.wsgs.uwyo.edu/Publications/Onli...cs/IP-12new.pdf

Boogie

--------------------
peto metallum honestus

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
19 User(s) are reading this topic (19 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:40 AM