ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gold Rush Next Season, Hoffman crew tears up Colorado (Literally)
Crusty
post Jan 2 2017, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Master Mucker!

Group: Members
Member No.: 82,915

GOLD RUSH Todd Hoffman’s Colorado gold mine facing thousands in fines

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CP
post Nov 30 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Thanks for the update Johnny, no public hearing held back then would certainly seem proof that the rezoning was illegal if that is the case.
Honestly I didn't click into or read details on any of the the link you recently posted but was hopeful to find something that crew did for the positive side and mining.

Frankly Gene, my opinion of that particular crew is the same as yours..... they seem to come up short on the finishes so to speak. slaphead.gif Not sure why you called my view of county outside their authority to be contempt.......it is not! However I do contend that many times the government officials (of what ever offices) can and do step beyond their "delegated authority" given them by the law. At that point it is the official who is in contempt, not me! I contend the citizens are the only check that remains effective on that. If one wants to take every thing for gospel that the gov says then that is absolutely no different than following hearsay from an old timer as facts!
I say and have always said......your own knowledge on rights/ownership issues pays off when needed in ones personal situations of that type. Know your ground and make a stand where it needs to be.

BTW my personal case with the county has been dismissed by prosecution! happy088.gif

As far as mineral rights being separated from surface rights....... I've found that to be true on every piece of property I've been involved with ownership transfer directly. Oil and gas, Timber, Mineral and water rights can and often are separated in the homeowners surface ownership. Not always is that the case but it certainly does happen with many of the residential home site or subdivisions of today's world.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Dec 1 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,813

[quote name='CP' date='Nov 30 2017, 05:06 PM' post='47704']
However I do contend that many times the government officials (of what ever offices) can and do step beyond their "delegated authority" given them by the law. At that point it is the official who is in contempt, not me! I contend the citizens are the only check that remains effective on that. If one wants to take every thing for gospel that the gov says then that is absolutely no different than following hearsay from an old timer as facts!
I say and have always said......your own knowledge on rights/ownership issues pays off when needed in ones personal situations of that type. Know your ground and make a stand where it needs to be.
[/i]

CP,

Thought you'd like to see this copy of the official USFS comments on the Park County Mine Re-Zoning issue. In my opinion, this is a good example of your concerns as the USFS doesn't have authority over "the television show" that is being filmed on private property. sadno.gif

Blaming "the television show" won't stop the problems for the USFS in that vicinity. My family has encountered illegal mining and claim jumping on our holdings in Park County on USFS lands for a long time. These problems occur at about the same rate as they always have. The show hasn't increased illegal activities beyond what we've seen historically. In fact, most of our claim jumping problems are from the non-mining public looking to steal some high grade gold. The best way to stop problems is to apprehend those involved and my family supports vigorous prosecution through the legal system.

I think "the television show" has increased awareness of mining issues and that is a good thing. 2c.gif

Glad to hear you've prevailed over the bureaucracy in your matter. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ASTROBLEME

Attached Image

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
CP
post Dec 22 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Dec 1 2017, 08:48 AM) *
Thought you'd like to see this copy of the official USFS comments on the Park County Mine Re-Zoning issue. In my opinion, this is a good example of your concerns as the USFS doesn't have authority over "the television show" that is being filmed on private property. sadno.gif

Blaming "the television show" won't stop the problems for the USFS in that vicinity. My family has encountered illegal mining and claim jumping on our holdings in Park County on USFS lands for a long time. These problems occur at about the same rate as they always have. The show hasn't increased illegal activities beyond what we've seen historically. In fact, most of our claim jumping problems are from the non-mining public looking to steal some high grade gold. The best way to stop problems is to apprehend those involved and my family supports vigorous prosecution through the legal system.

I think "the television show" has increased awareness of mining issues and that is a good thing. 2c.gif

Glad to hear you've prevailed over the bureaucracy in your matter. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

ASTROBLEME

Attached Image

Thanks Johnny I'm not surprised the county backed down with a weak excuse for their motion to dismiss concerning my issues. I am also glad that dealing with that is over and hopefully others will also learn the benefits of knowing where to take their stance as ownership applies in their domains. happy088.gif

Thanks for posting the USFS "official" letter of response too....... very interesting also to hear your personal opinion as a claim owner in the same area being exactly the opposite too. I'm glad to hear the show has not worsened the claim jumping that has occurred previously, that's good news!
I am wondering however why our tax dollars were used to have an "official USFS response" entered as it is posted for a "public comment". As you pointed out (and their own response acknowledges itself) that they should not have....or wouldn't even normally enter a comment. Just thought they would because of this shows exposure causing "an issue" ......but I guess that may not be the case as stated in the official USFS response.......anyone else wondering what the heck?! slaphead.gif research.gif chin.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Crusty   Gold Rush Next Season   Jan 2 2017, 08:43 AM
- - swizz   They did horrible in OR and I can't imagine th...   Jan 2 2017, 09:40 AM
|- - Crusty   QUOTE (swizz @ Jan 2 2017, 08:40 AM) They...   Jan 2 2017, 09:42 AM
- - johnnybravo300   I think I watched the first episode where they wer...   Jan 3 2017, 10:09 AM
- - Gene Kooper   I guess this thread is as good as any. A story on...   Oct 20 2017, 05:06 PM
- - ASTROBLEME   There are numerous occurrences of precious and bas...   Oct 29 2017, 06:14 PM
- - ASTROBLEME   Attention Park County Mining Claim Owners and Oper...   Nov 12 2017, 06:17 PM
- - CP   Thanks for the update on that Johnny. Very inter...   Nov 16 2017, 03:14 PM
- - Gene Kooper   QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Oct 29 2017, 05:14 PM...   Nov 22 2017, 11:51 PM
- - EMac   I'd appreciate the links and additional info. ...   Nov 29 2017, 10:04 PM
- - ASTROBLEME   Gene, The county zoning was illegal because there...   Nov 30 2017, 12:50 PM
- - CP   Thanks for the update Johnny, no public hearing he...   Nov 30 2017, 06:06 PM
|- - ASTROBLEME   [quote name='CP' date='Nov 30 2017, 05...   Dec 1 2017, 09:48 AM
|- - CP   QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Dec 1 2017, 08:48 AM)...   Dec 22 2017, 07:11 PM
- - johnnybravo300   I'm glad to hear that circus is over Dan. I be...   Dec 1 2017, 10:45 AM
- - Gene Kooper   QUOTE (EMac @ Nov 29 2017, 09:04 PM) I...   Dec 1 2017, 09:59 PM
- - Gene Kooper   Continuing on.... This post deals with the Park C...   Dec 1 2017, 11:23 PM
- - Gene Kooper   Third Installment. This post includes the Board o...   Dec 2 2017, 01:46 AM
|- - Clay Diggins   QUOTE (Gene Kooper @ Dec 2 2017, 12:46 AM...   Dec 24 2017, 12:49 PM
- - Gene Kooper   And finally.... This post includes links and PDF ...   Dec 2 2017, 06:41 PM
- - Colorado Roots   With all things considered the fine is a drop in t...   Dec 28 2017, 08:33 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:05 PM