ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Vic's Gold Panning
swizz
post Feb 29 2012, 07:03 AM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (CODIVER @ Feb 28 2012, 09:53 PM) *
Just found out about Vic's and this forum, can anyone tell me if you can use your own equipment. or is it a use their gear kinda place. looking forward to heading there

Hey there CODIVER.... welcome to CP. sign0016.gif
CP donates and maintains a webpage for Vic's. I believe that it's fine to bring your own equipment.
Here's the link: Vic's Gold Panning
Good luck, and let us know how ya did!

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CP
post Feb 29 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #47

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi CODIVER and welcome. Swizz is correct, (thanks Swizz happy088.gif ) you can bring your own equipment no problem and the link posted will take you to the page for Vic's including contact info. You'll have a great time there and both Denise and I have found nuggets there in the past. Have a great adventure and don't forget the camera so you can post up some pics here later too. char098.gif

A side note for Kevin In Centennial.....
whacha askin' us fer?

ohmy.gif Um probably because we personally recommended they ask questions here, and we also tell everyone there is a great group of folks here that for the most part are very willing to help and meet with others in the field.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Kevin In Centenn...
post Feb 29 2012, 09:53 AM
Post #48

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 21,601

Right you are, I stand corrected. Fixed my post to include the link to his page...sorry for posting that :-(

...and I should add that it was the first place I ever panned back in 1989. It was cool back then and I hear even better now :-)

--------------------
www.findingGOLDinColorado.com - my website with info on where to dig and where to see Colorado's gold mining history.

+Quote Post
CP
post Feb 29 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #49

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

Cool Kevin and thanks for adding the link to the previous page as well. happy088.gif
That's what makes this forum stand out a little, we have a great group of helpful and friendly folks here! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Bet you still remember that first day of panning there too Kevin, great memories and possibly a small bite of the fever. excited.gif smile.gif

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Kevin In Centenn...
post Feb 29 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #50

Shovel Buster!

Almost 23 yes ago now and I remember it very clearly...one hour and I had the fever. My wife just about had to drag me away. It is great to see Jesse continuing to pass on the fever to more folks every year still :-)

--------------------
www.findingGOLDinColorado.com - my website with info on where to dig and where to see Colorado's gold mining history.

+Quote Post
CODIVER
post Mar 1 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #51

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 41,810

Thanks for all the info, Im planning on going next sat the 10th. Anyone els going to be around? Wow 23 years ago! I will be 26 in a couple months and will shovel for free for some learning time!

+Quote Post
Kevin In Centenn...
post Mar 1 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #52

Shovel Buster!

I would love to take you up on 'free shoveling' LOL. ...as it happens I am tied up with a volunteer thing all day Saturday for the next several saturdays. Maybe someone else will take you up on the idea of a visit to Vic's...it is a fine idea indeed. The good news is Jesse is a friendly guy and will give you a whole lesson if you want it! With the lesson included in your admission price, it turns into quite a bargain :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
russau
post Mar 2 2012, 05:29 AM
Post #53

russau

Member No.: 43

AHMEN to that!!!

+Quote Post
CODIVER
post Mar 12 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #54

Diggin' In!

well I made it over to vics on saturday, and it went great. Showed up and was met by Scott, he gave me the intro to the place and said to make ourselvs at home. We set up basically next to the parking lot as it was the only fairly open spot I could find. I set the girls up with a sluice box and some buckets, and they headed for the banks where some others had hit it hard by the looks of things. Visibility was zero so decided to just long arm it and managed to punch a good size hole. Did a couple pans and found a few specks and just brought the rest home for the blue bowl garage night. thanks again for the info we all had a blast.

here are a few pics, and one of the drysuit removal
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
russau
post Mar 13 2012, 07:08 AM
Post #55

russau

Member No.: 43

years back,after the RMMR, Gary Olson and his son and i got to dredge Jessies stream and he told us that we were the very first people to dredge his stream.wish we could have stayed longer but Gary had problems at home and we had to leave. but it sure was fun while it lasted.

+Quote Post
Denise
post Mar 14 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #56

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 4

Glad to see you had a good time! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif With the spring melt off, you can sometimes hear the rocks moving along the creek floor. Sounds really cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Carefull when trying to get out of the drysuit! I pulled a leg muscle one time struggeling to get out of one. wacko.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
h20prospector
post Mar 14 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #57

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 6,964

QUOTE (CODIVER @ Mar 12 2012, 10:27 PM) *
well I made it over to vics on saturday, and it went great. Showed up and was met by Scott, he gave me the intro to the place and said to make ourselvs at home. We set up basically next to the parking lot as it was the only fairly open spot I could find. I set the girls up with a sluice box and some buckets, and they headed for the banks where some others had hit it hard by the looks of things. Visibility was zero so decided to just long arm it and managed to punch a good size hole. Did a couple pans and found a few specks and just brought the rest home for the blue bowl garage night. thanks again for the info we all had a blast.

here are a few pics, and one of the drysuit removal

Like your drysuit. What was the cost, if you don't mind my asking

--------------------
26 year Air Force Vet
LDMA/GPAA, GPOC, & CP LIFE MEMBER

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!

+Quote Post
CODIVER
post Mar 15 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #58

Diggin' In!

I actually got mine for free, its a older harveys and I had to put Aqua seal on the seams. My buddys is a newer Viking and is actually a hazmat certified they run over 1k

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:23 AM