ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
It's all Dan's fault!
Coalbunny
post Jun 20 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #1

Master Mucker

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

I got my rock saw going finally. The blade is old and needs replaced, but it'll do for practice. I have to redo the motor, because instead of cutting downward onto the rock it was coming up. Got some rock cut though. Including an interesting one I found a month + back. About the size of a man's fist, slightly magnetic, streak is brown, heavy (I'm guessing about 4-5 pounds), and when I cut it it's metallic inside. My first guess was a meteorite, because os looks melted by high temps, and two places where it previously broke, one shows partial melting and the other shows slight partial melting. Now if I had some nitric I could stain it and see what I have. But no I have nitric handy.

I'll get some pics in the next day or so. And by that time I should have the motor reinstalled to give a downward cutting action. Found some neat rock though!

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 22 2006, 12:41 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker

BTW, where it's cut it looks metallic.

--------------------
Today's socio-political climate is rock solid proof that Adam and Eve weren't prospectors.
If they were they'd have eaten the snake instead of the apple and we'd still be in heaven....

+Quote Post
CP
post Jun 22 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #3

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Cool, Put up them pics when ya can and good luck switching the motor around.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 22 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker

Done! Now I gotta find a power cord to run to the saw. Not much the pics can show, it's not a very good camera (old digital-style).
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 22 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #5

Master Mucker

pic #2
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
cornwall84
post Jun 23 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 36

has anyone tried to cut turquise with a jewellers hand saw, i have a chunk and want to try to make a cab.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Coalbunny
post Jun 24 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #7

Master Mucker

Got the power cord problem taken care of. It's up and running! Keeps having problem after problem come up. Each time I get one solved, one or two pop up.

First, I had a problem with the power source.... fixed it!
Second, I had the motor going the wrong way....fixed it!
Third, the belt pulley on the saw came loose and needed a replacement key....fixed it!
Fourth, the screws holding the platform to the tank popped out and now I have to replace them....
Fifth, the saw runs at the right RPM, but it throws water like nodoby's business! A whole lot more than other saws I've seen....
Sixth, need a replacement blade....
Seventh, need more rock.... laugh.gif

Show me a rock, and I'll be damned if I don't cut it up! I love this! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:28 AM