ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kimberlite pipes
Musk_Rat
post Jan 1 2022, 12:42 PM
Post #46

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 225,540

DD still haven't made it to those coordinates you gave me, but have been relatively fruitful in a couple other locations. Been prospecting until just a couple weeks ago, so now have been going through samples more closely from the summer and took some photos. Here are some indicators from my last area of interest.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Musk_Rat
post Jan 1 2022, 12:51 PM
Post #47

Diggin' In!

Here are some larger samples from a couple different areas of interest

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Diamond Digger
post Jan 1 2022, 12:55 PM
Post #48

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7,480

MR,
Hows things....
No idea what indicators you got there but yeah.... its not for diamonds or Kimberlite.
Diamondiferous kimberlites are very very rare. If you do not have the Coordinates it can cost Millions to find the right place.
Dont give up.... Everyone learns the hard way!
Maybe just follow the instructions go to the right spot.... (LOL)
DD

On the picture is what you want to see....

QUOTE (Musk_Rat @ Jan 1 2022, 12:42 PM) *
DD still haven't made it to those coordinates you gave me, but have been relatively fruitful in a couple other locations. Been prospecting until just a couple weeks ago, so now have been going through samples more closely from the summer and took some photos. Here are some indicators from my last area of interest.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Musk_Rat
post Jan 1 2022, 01:38 PM
Post #49

Diggin' In!

DD,
Things are good. I did at least do some land status research for the area you sent me and will eventually get up there. Seems like the small garnets I'm finding are green/red/purple/orange just like yours but not as big. Thoughts? Are they different?

How have your efforts been this year?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 11 2022, 11:19 AM
Post #50

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Those look like some nice indicators to me Musk Rat! Keep up the good hunt. signs021.gif

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Diamond Digger
post Jan 12 2022, 10:49 AM
Post #51

Shovel Buster!

Good stuff,
However the picture above only have G-10 Pyrope garnets and the green crystals are Chromium diopside not garnets.
The garnets is also know as Fire garnets very dark purple/red....
Do not confuse granite garnets with G-10"s.
Get out there and get it done!
DD

QUOTE (Musk_Rat @ Jan 1 2022, 12:38 PM) *
DD,
Things are good. I did at least do some land status research for the area you sent me and will eventually get up there. Seems like the small garnets I'm finding are green/red/purple/orange just like yours but not as big. Thoughts? Are they different?

How have your efforts been this year?

+Quote Post
Musk_Rat
post Jan 16 2022, 10:44 AM
Post #52

Diggin' In!

Thanks Denise and DD.

DD something more like this?
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Diamond Digger
post Jan 16 2022, 10:56 AM
Post #53

Shovel Buster!

Hi MR
Nope do not recognise that type.
There are no quarts associated with kimberlite indicators.
Have fun out there!
Not easy to find diamond bearing indicators......
Major mining companies spend $$ millions a year trying to find them.
You got the spot you got the info..... Once you start washing that topsoil you will see the indicators I gave here.
DD

QUOTE (Musk_Rat @ Jan 16 2022, 09:44 AM) *
Thanks Denise and DD.

DD something more like this?

+Quote Post
Musk_Rat
post Jan 30 2022, 11:39 AM
Post #54

Diggin' In!

DD,
I appreciate the insight. Not what I wanted to hear but I still appreciate it. Peer review is the hardest thing to swallow sometimes, but is important to keep you honest and on the right track. I wish color was the only important identifying factor. I saw purple and got very excited, but overlooked the possibility that it could be some other purple mineral. I have still set them aside to be potentially tested and haven't given up that they could be purple garnets, but they could also be little amethyst chips instead of little garnet chips.

The search continues and I'm not giving up on my spot. I'm finding everything that points to a deposit except the right minerals to convince you lol(wet/depressed area, blue sticky mud, variety of minerals nodules that don't belong there, but there is a creek cutting across/through it so there are upstream minerals mixed in)

Thanks again DD and I'm going to check out your area this spring.

+Quote Post
Diamond Digger
post Jan 30 2022, 02:31 PM
Post #55

Shovel Buster!

MR,
Yeah it is easy to convince yourself something is close by however the minerals do not lie as they only come from one source.
Chromium diopside is a very brittle green see through crystal, you can powder it to dust between your fingers. They do not travel far from a pipe, about .75 miles then they are absorbed in the dust. Once you find such a crystal then you are so close!
Very good luck!
DD

QUOTE (Musk_Rat @ Jan 30 2022, 11:39 AM) *
DD,
I appreciate the insight. Not what I wanted to hear but I still appreciate it. Peer review is the hardest thing to swallow sometimes, but is important to keep you honest and on the right track. I wish color was the only important identifying factor. I saw purple and got very excited, but overlooked the possibility that it could be some other purple mineral. I have still set them aside to be potentially tested and haven't given up that they could be purple garnets, but they could also be little amethyst chips instead of little garnet chips.

The search continues and I'm not giving up on my spot. I'm finding everything that points to a deposit except the right minerals to convince you lol(wet/depressed area, blue sticky mud, variety of minerals nodules that don't belong there, but there is a creek cutting across/through it so there are upstream minerals mixed in)

Thanks again DD and I'm going to check out your area this spring.

+Quote Post
ASTROBLEME
post Feb 4 2022, 05:18 PM
Post #56

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 6,813

Musk_Rat,

When I compare your pics to the one of known indicators from the Sloan 1 & 2 diamondiferous pipes in the Stateline Mining District from Dan Hausel, there is very close resemblance IMO. Take a look at this post;

Diamond Prospecting

Here's the indicator photo I'm referencing...

Attached Image

Here is my opinion of the comparison of photos...

Attached Image

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME

--------------------
Annual Dues Paying Member Since 2008

Tonko Mining Company

"Some day this crater is going to be a greatly talked about place, and if the above credit is due, as is certainly the case, I would like to have it generally known for the sake of the children." Daniel Moreau Barringer 2/1/1912 in a letter about the Barringer Meteorite Crater, Arizona USA

+Quote Post
Musk_Rat
post Feb 5 2022, 02:29 PM
Post #57

Diggin' In!

Astro,
I was curious if your were going to weigh in and happy you did. That's some pretty slick work with the pics and very compelling. From my previous post: "I'm not giving up on my spot. I'm finding everything that points to a deposit except the right minerals to convince [DD] lol." "I have set them aside to be potentially tested and haven't given up."

I am continuing with optimistic scrutiny and some valuable perspective. I believe getting them lab tested is the only way to know for sure outside of finding a stone in my samples. I appreciate the feedback and knowledge all around.

Musk_Rat

+Quote Post
Diamond Digger
post Feb 14 2022, 06:54 PM
Post #58

Shovel Buster!

MR...
I mined diamonds from 8 years old.... there are only one set of indicators for a Kimberlite pipe or its vicinity, these I gave you in the PM.
I know Astro very well we met in Colorado when I was over there prospecting. I tested his claims but never found anything real no G-10.s no chromium diopside...
and well diamonds are very rare. I even paid $500 for the privileges' to test his claims at the here mentioned locations.... but nope there were no diamond indicators at all unfortunately. He is a nice guy and I would really have loved to find the right stuff on his claims but nope nothing... I even tested drill samples from an Australian company that drilled there and found nothing. Not every Kimberlite have diamonds... its a hard but cold fact.
However it is not easy to convince a convinced person of facts..... I never mentioned this, will be the first time I bring this out, most people get very caught up into the idea of sitting on a fortune but alas it only ever pans out in about %1 of the cases.
However if you think that purple amatists is a diamond indicator I cannot do mush to convince you otherwise but experience will eventually do the job for me!
So hard reality knocks.... diamond indicators are very specific... if a kimberlite does not have 23ppm (Parts per million) of Chromium diopside and an abundance of G-10 pyrope (fire) garnets it is bare... nothing there no matter how hard you wish for it.... done.
Sorry I had to crush a few dreams here but diamond mining is very very specific.... you either have the correct indicators or you waste money on useless claims.
DD
I know I am going to be unpopular after this post but I know my business... it is diamond mining.

QUOTE (Musk_Rat @ Feb 5 2022, 02:29 PM) *
Astro,
I was curious if your were going to weigh in and happy you did. That's some pretty slick work with the pics and very compelling. From my previous post: "I'm not giving up on my spot. I'm finding everything that points to a deposit except the right minerals to convince [DD] lol." "I have set them aside to be potentially tested and haven't given up."

I am continuing with optimistic scrutiny and some valuable perspective. I believe getting them lab tested is the only way to know for sure outside of finding a stone in my samples. I appreciate the feedback and knowledge all around.

Musk_Rat

+Quote Post
Musk_Rat
post Feb 16 2022, 06:09 AM
Post #59

Diggin' In!

DiamondD,
No worries man. I appreciate your honest thoughts as always. It was not my hope to stir anything up and I can take the feedback. To me this is science and facts are facts...it's either there or it isn't. I will continue to dream, but leave guessing and hoping out of the equation. I'm seriously looking into getting them lab tested and for a few hundred bucks can definitively find out.

Diamonds and kimberlites are extremely rare, but so am I lol (1 in 8 billion) I knew this wasn't going to be easy and something I may never succeed at, but I will leave you with one of my favorite movie quotes from The Edge..."what one man can do, another can do!"
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Musk_Rat
post Feb 16 2022, 06:39 AM
Post #60

Diggin' In!

Clip from The Edge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4J_QfiGRRc

PS I'm just going to keep posting pics until one is right lol

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 08:56 PM