ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dredge question, Going nuts!
Exiled Angel
post Apr 14 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,876

Got a dredging question for you all! I know that you can't dredge on NFS land, but, once you file a claim are you allowed too? I can't seem to find this answer anywhere. It would be my thought that once it is a claim, that you can. Does anyone know for sure? anyone.gif

--------------------
Barry
I know, I know, "Gold is where you find it" so how come it's never where I'm looking?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CP
post Apr 14 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Exiled Angel,

You can dredge NF as it's a hand carried piece of "prospecting" equipment. It's our right to prospect/develop the minerals within national lands. Although you may hear different opinions from all over but you must make the call yourself. To me personally and what I've read through, there is nothing saying that one can't dredge in NF.
There may be "specially designated" areas such as rec areas where the district may have additional rules inplace for situations of high use recreational activities to mitigate impacts of that specific area.

NF in general without the special areas or exsisting claims is open to prospect in any state. happy088.gif

Once you've filed, the dredge should just get bigger! signs021.gif biggrin.gif

Hope this helps and good luck prospecting!
emoticon-misc-004.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
Exiled Angel
post Apr 14 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #3

Diggin' In!

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Apr 14 2009, 11:44 AM) *
Once you've filed, the dredge should just get bigger! signs021.gif biggrin.gif

LOL, that's great. I guess that I got the idea the we couldn't dredge because of the no motorized equipment rule I read. A lot of everyones rules get confusing! Enough to drive you right outta your head! Thanks for your prompt reply.
P.S. Went out to play Saturday up in the Clear Creek area, but have nothing to show for it, it was a pretty bad day weather wise char060.gif amongst other problems with equipment that day too! bash.gif

--------------------
Barry
I know, I know, "Gold is where you find it" so how come it's never where I'm looking?

+Quote Post
CP
post Apr 14 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

biggrin.gif
Thought you and lots of others would like to have that answer pronto!
Where is the "no motorized" coming from if you don't mind me asking? As is with so many different aspects of the laws and regs, interpretations are often not what was intended by the writing of the said law or reg nor what ends up proving out in a court.
What really stinks is when we as the citizens ask the uniformed officials we are directed too and get an opinion rather than the truth......luckily though, we can find the truth if we dig for it! emoticon-misc-004.gif groucho.gif biggrin.gif

Hope the weather and equipment goes better for the next day out too, hate days like that darn it! smile.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Exiled Angel
post Apr 14 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

I am pretty sure I read it on the US Forest Service site but now that I go to re-chack, the site is down! Of course! As soon as I find it again I will post it for you. Who knows, I have read so many regs lately that I may just have imagined it! pcwhack.gif

--------------------
Barry

+Quote Post
CP
post Apr 14 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #6

Master Mucker!

QUOTE (Exiled Angel @ Apr 14 2009, 12:21 PM) *
Who knows, I have read so many regs lately that I may just have imagined it! pcwhack.gif

smiley-laughing021.gif Too funny, I've felt that feeling before many times. bash.gif biggrin.gif It's well worth the time though as you can see. happy088.gif
I think that's funny the website is down but I'm sure they'll have it back up soon.....when ya' do find it, look near the begining of the actual document for a line about ........ not withstanding any exsisting rights or something to that affect too. Could be that it was written to mitigate rec use which falls under surface use regulation that the FS does have authority to regulate (top 6" of soil by the way) .....where as they do not have the authority to regulate prospecting/mining. wink.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Exiled Angel
post May 13 2009, 05:18 PM
Post #7

Diggin' In!

Well, I have never been able to find where I read about the motorized equipment again, so beats me! pcwhack.gif I guess that I am hauling the dredge out to the Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forest this weekend to check some areas out that I have been researching. emoticon-misc-004.gif I will let you know how it turns out!

--------------------
Barry

+Quote Post
CP
post May 14 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #8

Master Mucker!

Good luck out there for sure, hope you find lots of yellow stuff! char092.gif

We all look forward to the future reports on how they turn out.

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:55 PM