Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nugget testing
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
gcollins
I want to do some metal detector nugget testing, but I don't have any nuggets to test with, I read somewhere that you could use differnt size lead shot to sim. nuggets, any heads up on this will help.
Thanks Greg
sgaolson
G, what part of the country are you doing your beeping? And, what type of detector are you swinging? Because of different mineral content, gold in different areas gives off different indications. For example on my claim in AZ, using a Minelab GPExtreme the gold there sounds exactly like a .22 cal bullet. Why, I don't know, I'm sure someone out there can tell you. I just know it works and it's a tip I picked up from and old prospector. To hown my skills before I go there I practice with a bullet. Try some of the gold metal detector sites. Find someone in your area and find out what they use. Best thing about small scale mining, there is always someone willing to part with a little information. B)
gcollins
SG, Thanks for the advice, i live in a area that has no GOLD, but I plan on going to Colorado and Wyoming this summer. I just bought a Brown box Eldorado, and have a Deleon, Classic 1, and a Bounty Hunter. Just wanting to test all of them so i will have some sort of idea. Thanks Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.