Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oregon DSL proposal
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
CP
I received this from Golddredger9 who can't make the meetings on Mondays. Thank you Al.
Oregon DSL's latest proposal......
DSL Proposed Revisions

We will discuss Oregon's new proposal on Monday.

If time permits we will discuss the new proposal released to change the 1872 mining law. Here is the link to see the mining law proposed changes

Browse over these when you can and we'll see you all at the meeting.

CP
plp.001
It would appear that some of the Oregon miners will make these meetings and I hope not in vain. I feel after spending as much time with them on all of their issues that they are raising funds for a lawsuit.

The fact is that if there are any claims on these Wild and Scenic rivers and the state stops them for mining, they are violating a statuatory right and a constitutional right. If they do not stand up against these abuses they have no rights.

Jerry
Denise
New Rules and Amendments to Current Rules - OAR 141-085; 141-089 and 141-0100

The Department of State Lands proposes to adopt new rules and amend current rules to streamline the Removal-Fill permitting process, to respond to changes in state law and to renew all General Authorizations scheduled to expire at the end of 2005.

The proposal also creates a new General Authorization for utility line construction and repeals all provisions allowing recreational and small-scale placer mining within waters of an Oregon Scenic Waterway.

Public comments are being sought at three public hearings to be held in two different locations.

Monday, November 28
Wilsonville Public Library—Rose Room
8200 SW Wilsonville Road

7 p.m. – 9 p.m.

Wednesday, November 30
Medford
Santo Community Center—Room 5
701 N Columbus
3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
7 p.m. -- 9 p.m.
(Each hearing will cover the same material.)

Comments also will be taken in writing through December 9, 2005.

Mail to:
Rules Coordinator
Department of State Lands
775 Summer St. NE Suite 100

Salem OR 97301-1279
Or send by e-mail to: rulechange_comments@dsl.state.or.us

More information on this will be provided at the conference tonight.
We hope to see you there at 7 PM MST.

Conference Hall
russau
oregon has asked for public comments before and they disregarded them then! why should you think that they will act in good faith now? oregon is bent on a green agenda! even their govenor is a watermellon!
Denise
You have a good point Russ, but we cant just give up our right to reply just because they are trying to ignore the law.
russau
i totally agree with you!!! the fight must go on or we will lose to the rest of the states as well down the road!my point is that we dont just need to reply to the comments but we must solicite all clubs and the mining community and other land use people! oregons DEQ,DSL,EPA people are hll bent to ramrod their green agenda down our throats if we dont put up a good fight(yes that means donating money and suppport) we will lose. i just dont see very many people from oregon supporting those that support them. joe mann has been the goto guy from our gpaa club here in missouri. he is doing a outstanding job in helping raise funds for the PLP, and the new 49ers. as you know,jerry hobbs is neck deep in supporting the oregon case! my hat is off to jerry and PLP! jerry says that only 10% of the mining community is supporting these causes. that is embarrasing that only 10% of us really care as to the outcome of these fights! but wait untill it hits their door steps and listen to them howler! id like to see every gpaa club have a donation drive to support PLP,new 49ers and every cause that needs our support! if we dont, we will be left floundering on the beach with now where to go! i personally support those of us that i can help.......it all takes money and lots of it to keep us in the streams doing what we like to do! like geno says,"dont ask what you can do,we are waiting on you!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.