Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winfield, Colorado
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Historical Equipment and Tales
Coalbunny
I went to the ghost town of Winfield yesterday and man did I love it! I'll have to go back again soon. Here's the pics, and when I find my history books I'll give a bit of info.
Carl

This pic is from the north side of Clear Creek Res., about 12 miles from Winfield. Winfield peak in in the middle.
Coalbunny
In the background is the Winfield school and in the foreground in the Winfield spring. I shoulda checked the water to see how it tastes, but I didn't. Dang it!
Coalbunny
This is where they put the dead folks. 25 graves and only two have been identified. One lightining strike, one fire, couple from gunfights, then kids from the flu.
Coalbunny
Here's another shot of Winfield itself. The school is on the far right.
Coalbunny
"Thar's gold in thet thar crik, son! Only you can decide if you want ta get'et not!" - something an old timer once told me in my youth. Coincidentally, I have a tale about that day. But for another time....
Coalbunny
Winfield again, from a different spot. Boy, what I'd give for a cabin up there! :(
russau
yea carl id like that spot myself! nice pics! thanks!
michael thornberry
Hello Carl,
Thank you very much for the Pics that have brought back many nice memories of the 3 months I spent in the USofA this year. Hopefully next year I will be able to Post my Pics and make you feel a little tearful also. Many thanks again for making me feel so bad/good LOL,
Kind Regards,
Michael thornberry.
sgaolson
TO COOL Carl :D
Denise
Awesome pics Carl! Sounds like you had a fun day.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Colorado is a great place. :D
Coalbunny
Here's a topo of the area. 3D from the Winfield 7.5 minute quad. Pictures or maps just don't do it justice.
sgaolson
Carl What program are you using to get those 3-d maps?
russau
gary i have this option on my delorme topos.
prospector_41
Hay Carl: I know just where you took the pic's at. I have been their many times. Have you done any prospecting aroune there. I found some Color along the river.
wyodust
awesome pics, thanks for sharing them with us... looks like a place to go just to get away from it all... find some color and enjoy the view :)
michael thornberry
Hello Dan,
Just to get away from me you would be prepared to go anywhere --- it doesn't have to be a nice place,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
Coalbunny
QUOTE (prospector_41 @ Nov 8 2005, 12:31 PM)
Hay Carl: I know just where you took the pic's at. I have been their many times. Have you done any prospecting aroune there. I found some Color along the river.

Nope, havn't done any panning up there yet. BTW, weren't you going to be in this neck of the woods a while back? Maybe next time, eh?
Carl
leonard
If you can download the DEF music video, you'll see a few brief shots of the cabins at Beaver City. Beaver City is on the road to Winfield. If you get the full dvd, there about 8 minutes on the Beaver City area.

Link to music video 9 meg in size
Coalbunny
Sweet video leonard!
cornwall84
Very nice leonard.

:D :D
wyodust
QUOTE (michael thornberry @ Nov 11 2005, 11:24 AM)
Hello Dan,
Just to get away from me you would be prepared to go anywhere --- it doesn't have to be a nice place,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.

laugh.gif so true michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.