Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Precision Dredge
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
Pages: 1, 2
Denise
Hi everyone.
I told Gat I would come in here and post his new dredge pics for him.
Enjoy!
Denise
:D
Denise
:o
Denise
B)
Denise
:)
Denise
^_^
Denise
;)
Denise
B)
Denise
prospector_41
Very nice GAT. Hope you find a big pocket of gold to pay you back for it.

Burt (the prospector_41)
Gat-Wa.
Hi 41 Well I cant tell you all what I payed for that dredge people will cry like a baby laugh.gif :P B) Lets just say cheaper then any one could guess!!!!! :D
Gat.
michael thornberry
Hello Gat,
SSSSWWWWEEEEEEEETTTT ---- nearly as beautiful as my Keene 6 inch Twin 6.5 hp Hondas + 263 Gast ---- But not quite Gat. However very NIIICCE.
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
Gat-Wa.
OH Michael you payed way way too much for looks HEHEHE Now dont get me wrong ive had lets see 7 keene dredges and or high banker combows and thay are really really a good machine and thay have recoverd me a lot and I mean a lot of gold over the years :) What im saying is for this dredge i got it for way less then michael payed for his :D
Gat.
russau
real nice setup gat! i especially like how the bottoms of the floats are protected! ive thought about doing something like that when i was in wyoming and had to drag my dredge over rocks while going down stream. and the triple takeoff for the two feeds and the blaster hose.good luck this year! thes NO excuses this coming year with a setup like that!
Gat-Wa.
Thanks Russau yes the floats can take a lot of scraping from the rocks now!!! the man I got this dredge from had that tethlon put on just for that reason he said were he was dredging here in washington there were many sharp rocks and shallows so it was a must to protect his investment.
The flair jet with the duel jet spray is very effcient the water blaster well that speeks for its self the swivel nozzle with the sucktion reliaf flap is a great option all so saves the hands, fingers and rists when pulling nozzle plugs also the Gast compressor with duel air lines for two people will be a lot of help.
WOOOOOHOOOOOO come on spring hahaha laugh.gif :D B) ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
Gat.
russau
gat, have you had a chance to run this? im looking at the screen over the sluice to keep your bigger rocks off the sluice. must be nice tobe in a place that you could really use this big of a dredge.ill beat that helo charge to drop your dredge in will be steep! why couldnt you float down to the spot you want to dredge?? to many boulders to get by? man that would be a adventure all in it self floating down several miles of river or rapids! yea maybe the helo is the best idea! i can only imagine the walk/fall down to the claim! i bet fuel will also be a job getting it to the dredge!
Gat-Wa.
Yes Russau chopper is the way. Planning on 3 lifts and drops dredge,two 55gal drums gas,and campping gear gang box ect. truck in too parking at top of the canyon and cargo net the 3 then copper picks and drops hope too have two people on top of canyon and two at the drop off spot. chopper fees i was told $650 a hour but are going too go up by next spring but got too do what you got too do.
Gat.
wyodust

trade ya my 3' STRAIGHT ACROSS
Coalbunny
Nice pics Denise & Gat, but no results from dredging that grassy yard? :D
Carl
Gat-Wa.
YaYa Wyo not a chance hehe
Gat.
Gat-Wa.
Coalbunny yes this dredge needs waterand a lot of it!!! but this place is sitting on a gravel deposit grin Ive yet too test it but will some day :D
Gat.
Coalbunny
Gat I got the sketch you did for me, thank you! How many GPM should I try to get?
Carl
Gat-Wa.
Ill send it too you in e-mail coalbunny grin
Gat
Gat-Wa.
Ok guys here you go the dredge was tested at a friends place here in washington a little gold was recoverd too ;) All tests turned out very well and Im pleased with this dredge :D Here are some pic's that were taken of the testing runs
Gat.
Gat-Wa.
Together
Gat-Wa.
Running
Gat-Wa.
Dredgin Gat,Mikey
Gat-Wa.
nice
Gat-Wa.
cool flow
Gat-Wa.
Gat-Wa.
MT Pan Tendiing dredge laugh.gif
Gat-Wa.
B)
Gat-Wa.
ph34r.gif
Gat-Wa.
Clean up equipment B)
michael thornberry
Hello Gat,
Great Pics and I like the look of the water through the sluice. A good Test Run , Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
michael thornberry
Hello again Gat,
MT the same initials as me ---what's his full name and by the way cheap slave labour(children) is illegal isn't it HEHEHE
ME CO
Nice pics Gat. Glad to see you finally got wet some way besides the rain haha. Surprised you found any gold with MT- he said he always had an empty pan LOL. I hope you find what your lookin for in that canyon next year, you deserve it. Let us know how much the tours are for a week haha. Take care buddy- and get your a$$ to the gym, you got to be in shape for next season. Mark laugh.gif
Gat-Wa.
HAHAHA Mark wasnt it you that used too say round is a shape!!! Joke !!! :D
Yes it was great too get back in the water with this GAST compressor seams ill get too dive again im am going too add another air filter witch is over kill but i dont want too take a chance :) And for tours? HAHAHA but for you Mark :D lets talk rolleyes.gif
Gat.
ME CO
Yea Yea- I know I need to get to the gym myself- gonna have to be workin the 5" myself next season. Got some more funny ideas- its gonna be good this time/ no electricity haha. Finally found out how much weight it takes to sink me in the dry suit- 85 lbs in slack water, dam thang but I was warm, couldn't walk but I was warm haha. Take care buddy, Mark
russau
wow, thatll gitter done!
Denise
Nice looking dredge Gat!
MT, you look great! Its been a long time since I've seen you. How have you been doing?
russau
hey Gat, i was thinking of putting a filter on my output of my hooka in addition to the intake. what have you lined up??? the only breathing air filter/cartiges are really big. could you give me some ideas??
Gat-Wa.
Hi Russau on page 1 of this thred 7th pic down you well be looking at the water trap typ filter,Thats the out flow side of the safety tank. Now with the were too get that water trap most any were you can get air compressors, parts, air tools,air lines.I know that thay had all kinds at the COOP store in Colorado. Because of my lungs heath ive desided too add a 2nd filter I got it at the auto paint store it was'nt cheep but its one of the best out there too remove moister from the air auto painters can not aford too have any water in there air :D the one i bot is mabey 6" tall 3" around. well i hope that helpped you russau.
Gat.
russau
thanks gat! ive got several of those types of air filters but for some reason i was thinking of a carterage typs of a filter oe a canister with a filter in it.....matter-a-fact i have a brand new one sitting here and ill give it a go! thanks for the info!
russau
after looking at the pic of the filter, dont you need to have it installed at 90 degrees to to make the float work properly?
Gat-Wa.
Hi Russau yes the closer too 90 degrees the better.
Gat.
russau
yep, there it was just sitting there in the garage all alone! now for the s.s. canister for my air tank! thanks for the ideas!
Gat-Wa.
No problem Russau any time :D
Gat.
wyodust
nice dredge gat, now you just better hope it can keep up with the mighty 3" :P
skunkapemining
Nice catch GAT! I missed the thread! I am on it now though! I happen to like the Precision equipment! Pictures to follow and again congrats!!!!!! fellow Precision dredger!

skunkape
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.