Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mining Stories
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
Denise
Hi everyone,

Bill (Skunkape) gave me the idea to do a conference about mining stories.
Great idea Bill! B)

If you have a story about when you were out mining and want to tell us about it, Monday the 10th of October at 7 PM MST will be the time to do it. Seems we already have several folks who are excited about it, so we hope to see you all there.
It should be lots of fun.

Conference Room

Denise
:)
Denise
Whew....The snow is coming down hard here. Its suppose to continue through the day.
Our sat dish connection has been in and out, so if Dan or myself are not here by 7,
just start the conference in CP's Main Chat Room.
See everyone tonight and have a safe day today.
skunkapemining
If all goes well, we will get to dredge Sunday and Monday returning Monday evening! I wish I could broadcast the cleanup via webcam. Would have to go wireless to do it tho, i think. How much length can you push a USB cable?

If too much gold starts showing up, expect problems with the feed ! <_<

skunkape
Denise
The cable I use says not to excede 10 feet of total cable distance on low-speed devices.... and 16 feet on high-speed devices.

We use 4 4 footers for our cam.

If too much gold starts showing up, expect problems with the feed !

laugh.gif ok skunk...We understand.
Coalbunny
Mining stories, eh? Ok, here's one for ya-

Some years back me and a couple of guys were doing some work on a couple of patented claims we leased. Our trucks and equipment is on top and we went below. We were down there for about 4-5 hours, and when we came out we found the road we had recently dozed was blocked off. A couple of boulders came down on the road. A small one came down and smacked Kevin's chevy, putting a nasty dent in the side. Could have been worse. Turned out an hour after we went underground there was a series of tremors. IIRC less than 3 RS. Jiggled a few mugs at the bar, 18 miles away. Rocks that came down were already unstable because of the recent dozing taking away their support.

All Kevin could do is whine about Dave's farts underground, making the Tommy Knockers mad....
Denise
Good story Carl! Now you have to come to the Conference room and tell it again tonight.... laugh.gif

We are going to continue the topic for tonights conference.
We would love to see everyone there.
Conference Hall
Coalbunny
My computer don't like chat. Don't know why.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.