Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mountain adventure!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
Pages: 1, 2
Denise
We got to meet wyodust (Dan) and his wife Tammie at one of the listed area up in the mountain. We had a blast! The water was very cold, but has very nice corse gold though. When I got in the water around 8 in the morning, you could see my breath.
The sun sure helped things when it came out. Dan and Tammie are great people, I cant wait till the next visit. :)

Here are some pics from our weekend.
Denise
Here is a pic of wyodust dredging.

ph34r.gif glug glug
Denise
Here is a pic of Tammie panning. :)
Denise
Here is a pic of CP longarming and wyodust underwater dredging.
B)
Denise
A pic of Mike working the hole.. :)
Denise
Timmy also worked his little sluice box. ^_^

I will add pics of the gold later. We still need to clean ours out. We may do that on the CP webcam.
cornwall84
That looks as if fun was had by all, great pics in a fantastic setting. :) :(
ME CO
Glad someone got out this weekend- you guys missed my 1/2 dwt nugget I found last weekend. I got a highbank setup to run next weekend. Mark
wyodust
first off let me say that we had a awesome time, was so good to finally meet the CP's dan and denise are great people, you all should meet them if you havent already!!!!

it all started out i was going to be home for a couple days then wait for the wife to get off work, be all packed and ready to go, but noooooooo....

my boss informs me my relief will be a different guy and he cant make it on the regular day, was "supposed" to be there the following day, no biggie i think, whats a day , well then the new guys calls, crying he cant make it that day, and "sob" can i show the next day, i said if you get there by 9 am, no problem ....sigh.... whats another day <_<

well he shows up about an hour late mad.gif and i tell him whats going on and such and hit the road for the normal 6 hour drive home, (made it in 4 1/2) ^_^

i get home about the same time as wifey, so we hurry and pack everything, trying not to forget anything ( which we did well ) and on the road again for the 5 hours to meet the CP's....

after getting out of the hustle and bustle of outer denver traffic i think i better fill up the truck for the rest of the trip, after stopping at 4 stations we finally found one that had diesel huh.gif

back on the road, im thinking sheesh we lost alot of time i better try and make up some of it, and well officer jordon said i was making great time <_< luckly he didnt give me a ticket, and.....back on the road again, we get into fairplay and to the motel, and the sign is flashing no vacancy....good thing i didnt listen to CP and got a reservation :P

the next morning dan and denise meet us at the motel and we chatted a bit, i was given something to shut up about lol....sorry im not allowed to say what it was, but it was funny.. ^_^

off to the creek we go, when we get there its a beautiful setting, easy access and gobs of old mining history abound, what a place...the wife and i looked around a bit, yet we set up close to dan and denise's spot, if nothing more than to be able to share the time better, and it was a nice spot...

:o omg was the water cold......nuff said

i did manage to finally get some ph34r.gif glug glug time untill my teeth chatter was uncontrolable laugh.gif neither of us doing a clean up untill morning, when we did i was pleased at the amount of gold, per time in the water, pretty equal to douglas creek ( my usual place )...

well when darkness was closing in on us that first evening i invited them (the cp's) out for dinner, the eldest son mike staying behind to watch the equipment, at the pizza hut we were entertained by the youngest son (timmy) age 5 having a flirt contest with the little blonde next to us, you had to be there laugh.gif

the next morning we arrived around 8am and denise is getting a wetsuit on,,, ( not too lumpy either ) :P and she is the first to brave the cold water, her breath showing as she runs there combo unit....brrr girl ^_^

i was able to play on bedrock between cave in's , one caused by denise as she was walking along the edge of my hole .... <_< so what if my edge was where you had the combo :P i watched as she tossed rocks off my pontoons laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif by accident she claims..... <_< whatever .... ^_^

after another clean up ...i did a quick power pan of the cons, doing it twice, yes over my tub, we found a nice amount of the yeller stuff, but more importantly, we had just a awesome time, and really didnt want to leave so early, my hats off to dan and denise ( the CP's ) for having us, and treating us like long lost friends, your great people and have a couple very good sons.

and we would love to do it all over again sometime soon....thanks again you guys
Denise
What no pic of your nug Mark?.... :D
Hey cornwall! If you ever get this way, you are more than welcome to come dig with us. :)

We had a great time wyodust! Even with rain at night and cold water. The water does get colder though if you want to try it the end of September or later?......hehe
luckynugget
huh.gif hey mark i got a pic of your nugget :D but i dont know how to of if im allowed to post pics mellow.gif maybe if i be real sneaky ph34r.gif i can slip it in some how ph34r.gif
ME CO
Go for it Lucky- my pics of it didn't come out- dam throw away camera ya know. If it won't post send it to Denise and she'll resize and post. Gonna find a hundred more this weekend and a really BIG one 2 haha. Mark
wyodust
heres a neat tree that was next to the CP's camp
wyodust
this is the stream, a fast running and yes very chilly waterway
wyodust
another shot of the stream, take notice these were taken in early august, no water shortage here
wyodust
testing the water...brrrrrrr
wyodust
with the dredge put together , were starting the hole
wyodust
dan and denise hard at work ^_^
wyodust
denise thinking ....ack its still cold even in a lumpy wetsuit laugh.gif
wyodust
the Dans watching denise work ..... :P
wyodust
this is the gold that the wife and i got from our hole, if you take the amount of time on the nozzle, per amount of gold, this spot is every bit as good as douglas creek B)
Denise
Excelent pictures wyodust. Yes, a better pic of your nugget would be cool Mark.. :D
wyodust
thats still just the gold from the "power panning" lol there might be a slim chance i missed a few pieces :P nah i doubt it laugh.gif
ME CO
Denise your the photographer- you will have to catch up with me for a better pic since Lucky ain't doin it. I hope to be headed up this afternoon- got slammed with work this am and trailer isn't ready either so don't know, may be an early mornin run hope not. Mark
ME CO
Here's a Kodak moment. Lucky moments after he fell in the "warm" waters of Beaver Creek. haha. Mark
Coalbunny
Yes Wyo, Dan and Denise are two really good people. You are one lucky dog to get to prospect with them!
Carl
Denise
Thanks Carl! That was nice of you to say. :)

Here is a pic of the gold we got there.
Coalbunny
You should have came to the BV Gold Rush Days! I think I got about 1/2 gram of flour gold from their panning booth!
Carl

edit- scratch that. I checked and I got .02 gram. I sure would like to thank the GPOC for letting me pan there. Also a very special thank you to Eric Vesterby, and since this is informal I can't say why, but he knows what I'm talking about! Thanks Eric!
ck
wyodust
QUOTE (ME CO @ Aug 12 2005, 04:55 AM)
Here's a Kodak moment. Lucky moments after he fell in the "warm" waters of Beaver Creek. haha. Mark

^_^ well i know that spot isnt very far from where the CP's and us played, so that water shouldnt be "warmer" lol, my sympathys lucky, hope you found some yeller stuff to help warm you :)
wyodust
QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Aug 13 2005, 05:44 AM)
Yes Wyo, Dan and Denise are two really good people. You are one lucky dog to get to prospect with them!
Carl

i agree, they were great host's and i couldnt of had better company!
luckynugget
laugh.gif here is a pic of me_co nugget enjoy!!! laugh.gif
luckynugget
tryin to git the hang of this digital stuff its comin but real slow huh.gif . Yes Wyo had my best trip ever :D since I started Prospecting that weekend. and YES it was cold blink.gif . about the time he took the pic i had just started to breath agin laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

my sympathys lucky, hope you found some yeller stuff to help warm you
thanks wyo
wyodust
yw lucky, i know how cold that water is, and i was in a wetsuit.... ph34r.gif glug glug

and when out of it warming up, was easier to get back in that water by looking at the yeller in the sluice, that nuggie is a beauty, would look good in my box as well...lol...
ME CO
Going back to Beaver for a week or so this time- tried out the Puddle Banker last weekend and almost no bugs to work out- good planning I guess. Will take pics but unless the photographer shows up don't expect good ones haha. 8 hp Honda and Dahlke 500 pump ran 12 hrs on the one gallon tank and still had about an inch in the bottom- now thats fuel economy haha, was real quiet 2 on idle like that. Hope to find a bunch more nuggets- maybe even some big enough for my throw away camera to get a tight shot of haha. Have a good weekend all, Mark

Here's the puddle box in the stream- same deal just pumping water now instead of hauling buckets.
russau
could you give us a little more detail (pics) and on its operation & setup ,also send us a sample of its results, no more than a oz. will be nessassary! haha good luck mark!
Denise
Looks very cool Mark! B)
Garry stopped by for a vist, so we went back to do some highbanking.
Here are some pics.
Denise
The hole was filling up with water as we dug, so Dan and I bailed it out as I shoveled.
Denise
Than Garry and Chris decided to sample a spot on the hill side.
Denise
Chris' dog Isha was watching all the fun.... laugh.gif

Garry said he would get a pic of the gold and post it.
We had a blast testing this spot out.
:)
wyodust
^_^ isha looks to be having fun as well, hope you did well..... <_< but not that well :P laugh.gif
sgaolson
Great Pics Denise! rolleyes.gif If Russ saw how steep that hill was, blink.gif he'd be impress that my fat a$$ was up there LMFAO
russau
i am garry! i truely am! hahaha but would impress me more if I could get to where you were at without help!
wyodust
Well Dan,Denise and the kids and I went to area 12 again this weekend, i dredged a eddie i had my eye on, while denise napped....errrrr wiggled around in her highbanking hole, we did well, i did find a nice lil nuggie, (dan weighed it ) .4 penny weight or .6 grams i believe plus alot of nice course chunky pieces of yeller, was a very good trip, Denise took pics and when they get back ( they stayed till monday) she will post them im sure.... ^_^ that was my biggest piece of gold to date, this area is a beauty, if you like cold water ...lol.... wub.gif i'm getting to love it myself..... ^_^

i'm very pleased that i joined up to the Colorado Prospectors club, yes i am a lifetime member now, and what a reward. First off i met dan and denise, what wonderful people, then the gold we got was awesome.....
Denise
You talking about these fine pics of your gold wyodust?...hehe
B)
Denise
and a pic of the fines he got there. :D

Just think if the temps allowed you to be in for an 8 hour day Wyodust. B)
wyodust
^_^ thats my lil nuggie.......i know denise if you could stand to be in that brisk water, and put in a full day dredging you could do extremely well.
heck im satisfied with what we got, but one could do a heck of alot better with more time on the nozzle....thanks for posting the pics for me!
jmann
I dont know if I can take much more of this stuff. My fever is a ragn and my feet are really itchn. laugh.gif Joe
russau
well joe you maybe able to scratch that itch this weekend. we got a pretty good rain last night and more to come. see you over at randys for the club outting.
luckynugget
:o WOW :o wyodust seeing that nice nugget makes me want to get back out. But been too busy with the move back to civilation, no computer at home. GRRR mad.gif no creek time or anything gotta get back out one more time before winter hits. Great pics Denise -_- B) your just a regular pro B) B) with that camera laugh.gif . I miss you guys on moday nites and out on the creeks too got to get together for one last HOORAH laugh.gif laugh.gif before winter sets in.
michaelthornberry
Hello Denise,Dan,Joe,Wyodust,Russau and sgaolson,etc,
I unfortunately missed the "giggle-session" this week, but, could I take this opportunity to thank all the participants of last-weeks "laugh-along" - it hurt my ribs something awfulLOL. Dan, what altitude is the creek at, and would this help explain the water-temperature? Looks like everybody, and Woofter, had a good time, and I'll look forward to talking with you Dan and Denise about next years prospecting plan. I will try and join you on-line again next week - until then,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.