Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rainbow pics
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Doug-Iowa
Here is a shot I got a couple days ago. As you can see by the field in forground I was moving about 60 mph. rolleyes.gif

russau
wow! now thats the second double rainbow ive seen!
Denise
Very nice Doug!!
cornwall84
Very nice Doug, Heres one in madiera its not as pretty as yours but nice all the same . First pic its just appearing as i take a pic of my wife niclole.
cornwall84
Full on
cornwall84
It was kinda strange to be on the same level as it.
Denise
Great pics Cornwall!
russau
cornwall, that oicture of your wife is kinda neat in that the rainbow lands on her shoulder making her your "pot of gold" under the rainbow!
cornwall84
Hi Russ, Thanks,I hadnt noticed that , she surely is though.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
wyodust
great pics cw and doug........clears throat.......somewhereeeeeeeeeeeee over the rainbowwwwwwww
Evil Ernie
I've got video of a double rainbow end to end!!! Two full half circles of a perfect post storm afternoon! I'll try to put it up here...Hey Denise, can we post mpeg's up here?
Denise
Sounds cool EE. You should be able to, but if you have any problems just let me know.
I look forward to seeing it. B)
Coalbunny
QUOTE (Doug-Iowa @ May 29 2005, 12:40 PM)
Here is a shot I got a couple days ago. As you can see by the field in forground I was moving about 60 mph. rolleyes.gif

Doug, awesome pic! BTW, how's your son? Better I hope?
cornwall84
What a super photo.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Evil Ernie
OK Kids, I know I promised some double rainbow footage. Unfortunately, I can't get an mpeg up on CP.com so I put it on myspace. Check out the double rainbow at
www.myspace.com/evilernie69 and go to my videos.
Doug-Iowa
Sorry so long with a reply. CW thise are great shots. Pretty cool to be looking straight over at the top of a rainbow.

Coalbunny Mason is doing real well. He is growing way to fast. He keeps us really busy these days. One surgery left on May 5th the close the hole in his neck. I took some photos of him recently. I will post a few one day soon in the off topics section.

Doug-Iowa
Denise
Darn it, movies have been put up here before. You can send it to me EE and I can try to help.

Hi Doug. Great to hear everything is going good with Mason! I look forward to seeing pics of him.
smile.gif
Denise
Well there is no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow........
but a cool location with great gold mining history. Does that count?

Click to view attachment
russau
ive seen 3 double rainbows in my lifetime and didnt have a camara each time. what a bummer!
Bennie
music037.gif this picture was taken after a dark storm near the old " copper king " Gold Prospect off Prairie Divide Rd. in Larimer County CO , in this picture the Rainbows were pointing towards Tonkos Claims ,,, Literally music037.gif

this locality was known for Platinum Gold and Silver and was also known to also produce uranium in the 50's and minor amounts of labradorite were also reported (Ron Wiggins personal communication 2008).
numerous small prospects were identified and Just like Ron told me there Litterally was Good Gold (AU) up in these hills ;)

Bennie Ulibarri
Denise
Great picture of a secondary rainbow! happy088.gif
Rainbows are fantastic things. Ever wonder what causes a secondary rainbow like that, or a red rainbow?
spock.gif

Here is a great learning reference with cool photos of rainbows and different forms they take.
Atmospheric Optics
Denise
Lots of rain bringing lots of rainbows here lately. I love how the sky is darker on the outer side of the rainbow. happy.gif

Click to view attachment

Anyone else seen any good rainbows lately?
swizz
This is a good photo thread. I don't have too many rainbow pics but here's one I took at my claim.... always a good omen! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
russau
i wish that rainbow, arched right down to my home in Colorado! but so much for dreaming!
swizz
I took this one in town here about an hour ago with the smartyphone
Denise
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Great pictures Chris, sweet double rainbow!! Your smart phone takes good shots!
swizz
I'll add this one to the rainbow thread.
I took it this summer at the ranch from the cabin deck and I'm using this image for my desktop wallpaper now. Fond memories, I was prospecting there that day.

Denise
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Fantastic rainbow picture Chris, almost surreal!! Has been raining a lot here the last few weeks. Here is a piece of one that I caught after a hail storm the other day.

Click to view attachment
fenixsmom
From two weeks ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.