Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CP's Rock Cam
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
CP
Hello everyone,

We have added a webcam to the site during winter as most of you already know.
Tonight we will be doing something on the fun side and we invite you all to sit in and have some fun...bust the corners off that cabin fever. tongue.gif
CP's web cam

Tonight we will be doing some cabachons on the live cam ..... stop by and check it out.
CP's Chat room is usually bussling so sign on there and then click the webcam. (it will automatically open a new window for the cam) Then you can see us work the stones and chat with everyone at the same time. biggrin.gif

CP
Denise
Great show Dan! You did a great job on that Jade.... ^_^

Here is a pic I took from the webcam.
Denise
Here is a pic of him figureing out what shapes to make them.
russau
im sorry imisse that! hey, im suggesting that the guys that go to montana and mine some of those saphires send you the stones to get them fauceted. i thought you may like some extra work$$$$$$$ sent your way! i hope you dont mind that i posted this already over on the DEf site!
Denise
Thanks Russ, your awesome, but what we are doing is cabachons. Faceting is the angels and the geometry of the shape.....
Here is a to a few shapes that can be faceted into gems and such.
http://www.faceters.com/books/learn_to_facet.shtml

Ed had me a pair of earings faceted from a Saphire he got in Montana.
The same place the outing will be. :D

I have been trying to get a good pic of the earing Ed had made, but im not having much luck yet...hehe

I'll keep trying today. They are to beautiful to keep to myself. :)

Denise
Denise
This is one Saphire faceted into a pair of earings...... Thanks to ED!
They are so beautiful!! wub.gif
Denise
Here are the cabs Dan made last night from Jade from Snowdog. :)
Denise
Here is a pic of me cabing some petrified wood. :)
I have 2 pieces Im working on. I'll post some pics later when Im done with them.
thegeno
I'ts all very nice and interesting... way cool!
thanks
geno
russau
well denise that just goes to show you how muchi know about working with stones! it looks real neat! and eds saphire earrings look even better on you!
Denise
Here is another pic of some of our cabs. :)
Denise
Here is some of the things we will be working on next. ^_^
Denise
We cheated and added a bunch more to the batch we made. :D
Here is a pic of the latest cabs we made.
Denise
Gat was here visiting, and we got him on the cab cam...hehe
Check him out! B)
Denise
He made cabs for a pendant, set of earings, and a ring for his wife.
He did a great job for his first time! This pic Doesn't do them justice. :D
Gat-Wa.
Hi every one!! well I got the settings for the cab's and these are the results of my first ever from slab to wearable jewelry. :D
Gat.
luckynugget
Hey gat ;) pretty good looking jewelry ya got thar. I may have to take up some of that kind of work too. Those look nice! ;)
russau
Gat those look real nice!! youll look great wearing them! haha sorry!!!!!! just fooling around!!
CP
Thought we would update the web.....er I mean "rock"cam biggrin.gif
We picked up a used flat lap for a killer price, so low I can't even tell ya' ohmy.gif
Brought it home and after a bit of cleaning, oiling, a little more oiling, and a redo on the bumperings and VIOLA!
One kick butt way to polish your finds for display! or ? cool.gif

There is a piece, (or several) from every spot we visited last winter during our Janruary agate adventure with Gat.
Like I said before....Agates sure are ugly on the outside....... tongue.gif But just wait till ya' see what's inside! cool.gif

Looks better than most programs on tv nowadays...... laugh.gif laugh.gif

CP
russau
a "good price" is always welcome! glad you got it rather than someone else!
wyodust
have ya played with any of that rough opal i gave ya?
H-Altitude
Very nice Gat
Denise
Dan and I have decided to use both the chat room and the webcam to help teach anyone who may be interested in learning different lapidary techniques.

We will be running the CP Webcam live on us working stones, and in the Chatroom at the same time, answering questions anyone may have.

6 PM MST on Tuesdays sound good to you? biggrin.gif
At least in the winter time.
wink.gif
Denise
Great turnout! happy.gif
There were lots of people there wanting to watch and learn.
Even a few new faces.
smile.gif
CP
Tonight will be triming cab blanks and then onto the cabber.
Join in chat at 6pm MST for discussions and questions.

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.