Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to this Forum / Never been Nugget hunting, but
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
vabeachmax
detectors for out west.

i am a surfhunter from the east coast (virginia beach, va). post on findmall beach and depot surf forums and tres. spot -beach

anyway, my daughter is moving to nearby Nederland in two weeks and i know i will get the chance to visit here in the summer.

i am looking for info. about where and what i might find out that way and are some areas better than others...............what detector should i bring or buy for this nugget hunting.

i own exp II, sovereign and excal now and did own eric foster pi.........

i have spoken to bill at the detector store in golden...............he said the detector of choice seems to be the white's gmt goldmaster?

when would be a good time to make my first visit? she will actually live in an old miners cabin built in 1909 and it backs up to some big forest and has a river real close to in.............this is in rollinsville.

thanks for any help

max :)
Coalbunny
Lucky girl! Man, Rollinsville is some very beautiful country! I camped up there by the ghost town Baltimore last summer. Everything was sweet!
Carl
vabeachmax
Carl

it really sounds like a nice place. they will be back on the 28th for closing

thanks for the reply

max
Evil Ernie
Welcome Max!
I currently own a GMT, and let me tell you, that thing is nothing short of awesome. It'll pick up itty bitty flakes at 4-6 inches depending on the soil. I haven't found much(read: any) gold with it yet, but spring has sprung and I'll be out beepin all over. Easy to use, and very accurate. Some of my better finds can be seen here:

http://groups.msn.com/detectingchat/evilerniesfinds.msnw

As you can see, alot of bullets, brass, and trash. I'll be headin to AZ for the GPAA Stanton outing, so hopefully, I'll have a 80 lb nugget to display... heh heh, heck, if I find one of those, the entire CP.com to a massive party.
CP
Welcome max!

Rollinsville is a beautiful spot and very very rich in mining history!
Let us know when you make it out west and the CP members will make sure ya have a great time!
I'm sure we can come up with a spot or two to hit..... :D

There are some really great spots to just spend the afternoon checking out the views and looking around at what is left from the old days.

Here is a pic from the Rollinsville area.

CP
Denise
Welcome to the forum Max. Thats fantastic that your daughter is moving to Rollinsville.
We just moved from Gilpin. It's a great area to live. I was sad to leave. Bill is a great guy! Next time you talk to him, tell him Denise said "Hi".

Summer time in Rollinsville is amazing!!
Here is a pic I took at sundown in town at a friends house. Your going to have a blast!! ;)

Denise
vabeachmax
ok - or as i normally say: COOL BEANS

Evil Ernie...................80lb one .....................that would be a nice one.

that is what we refer to as a NITRO in the surf................meaning will have to take at least two pills................we find many nice looking fake diamond rings - aka a nitro...................b u t 80lber.................real nitro

CP
thanks for the pic......................looks chilly.....................two weeks ago there was 3ft + snow in rollinsvills they told me..............they close on the 28th.
see ya..............june or july................after that.............every other weekend - i wish

Denise darling.................glad to hear good things about the area and nice pic tooooo.................they can not wait to get there.............5 dog family tooo, so their critters will have some space as well.................the cabin looks nice from the pics.............i will post some tonight when i get home

see u soon as well
max
vabeachmax
summer gold zone for me

very productive

some fellow hunters having a chat in the surfzone

two of my buddies from ohio down for the 4th of july gold

two pics of gold fields as we see it

maybe next time on the pics

difficult
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.