Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ideas for topics.
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
Denise
If you have somthing you would like to discuss and or learn in the chat room, just post your suggestions here. We would love to hear from you!

Denise
smile.gif
Redpaw
How about the best way to stake a claim?....

Up here in the Northwest we have a few groups that like to tear down signs, I'l like to hear a few alternate solutions to marking your claim that will not be a visual blight yet effective against tamper.

we could then follow up on the various states policies of marking your claim requirements?....
Coalbunny
Redpaw, a good alternative to protect your signs is the proper use of claymores. After the first one or two "events", I don't think they'll attack any more signs. blink.gif
Carl
Denise
We would love to get some more ideas for topic if you have any, lets hear from you.
arvada
Mr.& Mrs. CP. I want to congratulate you on your forum, & on your efforts to keep it a viable & inquisitive & peacefully provocative gathering. Sometimes pedantic, but those are supportive voices. So, for new topics: a timely one might be GPOC's "let's go Gold Panning Days" along the Arkansas River, & who's going & their weapons of choice.
Another: Equipment mods, like the best mediums & combos for sluice mats &
riffles for coarse, flake, flour & micron recovery. We could beat this to death.
Maybe: Clear Creek, both tactical & strategic methods to use in the different locations along that stretch that we all frequent fm time to time. Like passive traps,
little used equip, like Rotapan, Grizzley pan, Riverrobber. New stuff, like Trinity pan.

There was once an important topic to be addressed on this forum that was dissed for some reason. And it was about BLM & Jeffco & Gilpin regs on dredging & highbanking on both Clear & North Clear Creeks. Nozzle & engine Size, filling holes common sense etiquete etc. If we don't address this one simple issue, then the inevitable will happen, just as other recreationist are dealing with losing their priviledges & rights. ATV's, fishing, camping, hunting, radio control models, rockhounding, or the right to just park alongside the road or hike that trail nomore.
I will reopen this topic with what I believe to be the rules.
1. Jeffco allows 4" & no engine size limit. Gilpin is 3" & no stated engine size.
2. Jeffco is very accomodating to dredgers, but no highbanking allowed. So long as we police our own people on leaving holes, then we won't have to let them police us. ( Just try to tell that highbanker with a 5' deep hole to please fill it)?
3. Anywhere from tunnel #1 to Hwy 119 is Jeffco Open Space jurisdiction, & we can work any unclaimed area. (of course the claims are not marked, since the monkeys tear the markers down.)
4. If trash, unfilled holes begin appearing along Clear Creek, like is already happening there can be trouble. so I guess we have to fill-in & pickup after the other guy.
This forum is read enough to establish what the rules really are, and to get the word out. There is also an excellent "Gold Prospectors of the Rockies" club that can educate newcomers & get them going in the right direction, meetings, no forum
So, there it is, my non-expert discussion on some topics. Let;s hear from experts.
Best regards. in see ya on da crik. Arvada
Seville der dago. Fortidreg erz inarow. Nojime demant dregerz demis trux. Summit cousin summit dux.
Evil Ernie
Arvada mah brutha, where ya been?
CP
Hello Arvada, wonderful ideas.

Sorry if we didn't get more info in the previous topic on Jefferson and Gilpin county regs.
This topic will actually be a good one for tonight indirectly......we can use both counties as examples to discuss why a county in your area can restrict sizes or types on equipment used.
And more importantly why they can NOT in given situations!

Now I'm no "expert" on these subjects but I have done quite a bit of digging into the regs and we always love to hear someone elses views on them. When a group of us discuss it the better all our understanding will be.

As for tonights topic.....we will discuss regulations and who should apply them ....why, when, and where.
Federal, State or Counties or all three at the same time?! mad.gif wacko.gif

You have made several great suggestions Arvada....Thank you and we will try to cover them all in the next few meetings. You are right though, we can beat a couple of those to death for days and days..... laugh.gif

We should also be covering Redpaws suggestion for "The best way to stake and mark your claim" .....maybe some of tonights discussion will hit on some of those points as well. If not then we will schedule this for a meeting as well.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone...keep em coming. :)

CP
luckynugget
All good ideas especially the Trinty pan. I just bought one sunday at the Gold Show hope to hear input on how well it's working for anynone.
Denise
Thanks for the ideas. If anyone has something they would like to hear about, just let us know.
If you are also interested in transcripts of the meetings, please feel free to just request and I will add you to the mailing list.

Remember everyone, these meetings are open to EVERYONE , not just CP club members. We would love to see and hear from everyone.
Learning is more fun when we all do it together. ;)

Denise
Gat-Wa.
How about what too do when some one files a claim over your already filed claim.
mad.gif dry.gif
Gat.
CP
This would make a good topic for tonight along with more definitions on claim types.
Feel free to join in if you are new to the site and chat, everyone is welcome.

Hope to see you all there this evening 7 pm MST (5/15/06)
Chat Room

CP
wyodust
i think this would be a ghood topic to bring up, while sitting around the campfire at the outing happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.