Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cloned slabs
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
Snowdog
Si, --since I couldn't go to the rock show I took a few slabs out of the polish today----this is all I got to look at!! Can you tell me which one is backwards?
Snowdog
I know---not as pretty as your opal pic but is all that I had for today but I did get to hold them!! hehe
Coalbunny
Wow! Snowdog, those are awesome!
Carl
Si_NM
Wonderful slabs Snowdog,, love the tight banding, does nice things when light plays on it.,,, Is the middle right one, the short piece, the reversed one?
Si_NM
I'd like to hear, step by step, your masterful polishing technique, from the saw to finished. It's never too late to learn something from an accomplished craftsman.
CP
That is a real nice set of slabs Snowdog.
It's the short piece that is backwards I think.

Thanks for sharing with us. What are you gonna make with em? :D

CP
Snowdog
I will have to use some in what is called a "middle daughter lamp"----the oldest one already has one!!------know what I mean?
Snowdog
Some cloned slabs have a shoter life span than others--- E specially when you drop them on the concrete :( :(
Denise
:( Dang it!

Here is a agate slab we have, but it has no clones. :)
Snowdog
would this be it?
Denise
uummmm.... I dont think so..... ^_^ Unless thats its dark clone.. :D
Here are a few more.
Denise
Great... Now I really have CABBIN fever... laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.