Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hittin the slopes...Prospector Style!!!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
Evil Ernie
So last weekend when it was so nice out, I worked a couple of gullies with the new GMT. Found a lot of lead, casings, foil, etc. But in the midst of pullin trash up a cliff, I found a couple of cool spots. First, I ran across an old mine shaft. Not sure how far back or down it goes, but it was pretty cool to just see this old shaft in the side of the cliff. Then further up the gully, I found what appears to be some old miners symbols. Not sure how to interpret them but figgerd I better git diggin. Maybe I'd find a poke. No such luck. What I did find was a Red Bull can buried at 16 INCHES!!!! How the hell did it get way down there?!?!? blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif But I redeemed my self B) ; I found me an old piece of China cup, and what appears to be an old .30 cal bullet. Sharps perhaps?
Today, I'll be headin up to Homack 1-3 Claims in Idaho Springs. Should be some good stuff up there. Of course I'll post what I find.
In the interest of saving server space, you can check out my finds from last weekend here:

http://groups.msn.com/detectingchat/eviler...snw?albumlist=2
Evil Ernie
Well, that didn't pan out too well. Took the ride up there only to find a foot of snow still on the ground (who'd a thunk it?) and two dudes slingin lead in every direction imaginable. I was just waitin on a slug to tear thru the Jeep. So, I decided to take the new Central City parkway for a spin. Nice road! Lots of the old diggings and tailing to see. Ended up back in Clear Creek Canyon again. Is it me or do all roads lead to this friggin canyon? :P Other than seeing some really cool stuff, getting to use the GPS finally, and getting some nice weather cruising in, the weekend was a wash... I did get some video of some old mineshafts along the trail. I'll take some stillshots of those and get them posted.
Evil Ernie
Ok, ok. I promised stills and I finally got around to gettin them. I found 3 roadside mines all bricked up mad.gif , woulda been nice to be able to poke around a bit...but, better off for my own safety. I couldn't find the name for Mine 1. Dorit Mine, and King Solomon Mines are next. Pardon the quality, they are still shots from video.

As before, in the interest of saving server space: here's the location:

http://groups.msn.com/detectingchat/evilerniesfinds.msnw
Denise
Great pictures EE!
I love old mines. I have a huge file of open mines I have taken pics of.
This is one of my favorites. The entrance has since been distroyed, so they bricked it over. I'm just glad I have a chance to record the entrance how it was before they did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.