Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Detecting!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
Denise
^_^ Here is a picture of The Boy Detector.

He has been chomping at the bit to get out and go detecting..... So he went! :D
Maybe he will post a pic of the things he found while he was out?
Evil Ernie
Hey Boy D!!!
What kinda beeper ya usin? I just picked up a used Whites GMT and looking for some folks to go beepin with!
I'm hittin some of the dry spots on Clear Creek Rt 6 between Golden and the Rt 119 interchange, so if anyone wants to take advantage of the nice day, I'll be out there. Just look for a Green Wrangler with a tan top. Oh, and some dummy hangin from the cliffside...that would be me :o ...I'm not sure if I'll find anything, but ya never know.
cornwall84
Well i havent been out much this winter but heres a couple of goodies that i found along with a load of trash.
cornwall84
The ring is cica 1760s and the coin is QE1 penny cica 1580/1
cornwall84
This was last winters detecting in australia.
cornwall84
This is in NSW i didnt get any gold but got loads of bullets , chinese coins and other assorted rubbish .
Denise
Evil Ernie,
The Boy Detector is my son! :D
He would have loved to have gone out with you, but our vehicles are not in the best of shape right at the moment. Dan is planning on heading to Vic's soon, so he will let you know when he does. Maybe Mike will go along with and bring his detector.

Great finds and pictures cornwall84,
I would love to detect in Australia! ^_^
TWA has shown us some great looking gold they found with there Minelab GT 16000.
I'm a big fan of his wife Hazels 32 oz. nugget that she found.

Did you say that good looking guy in the pics was you? ^_^
Who was taking the pics for you?
cornwall84
Hi Denise ,

Yeah Twa & Hazel really posted some nice pics of WA and the gold that they get is outstanding,i would really like to travel in style like they do ,heres what i was using.
cornwall84
The old bus was really great.
cornwall84
Yes i am the guy in the photos ,a real redneck.
cornwall84
My wife and i went to oz to visit our eldest daughter who was travelling round the world and stayed in oz for 1 year, they took the photos.
cornwall84
I forgot to add their pic
cornwall84
There is loads of flies out there and in getting the off my face i kept hitting myself on the head. ( i must be really dumb)
cornwall84
A really nice gold bearing river ,but dredging is illegal.
cornwall84
The first kangaroos i saw.
cornwall84
and finally a pic of some emus.
Denise
Great pictures cornwall84!
VW's are fun. Traveling in style. ^_^
Say "Hi" to the family for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.