Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from El Paso County!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
ForestGnome
Hello everyone! I thought I should make one of these since it looks like it's been awhile since anyone has done one, but yet so many people here are giving out helpful and educational information! So, I figured I should contribute too.

I'm from Colorado Springs and have been out hounding all over most of the state, but only recently began exploring my own local area harder and I've been blown away at the results (go figure, right?). Some of my best finds have even been entirely on accident, which is crazy for being so close to this city, but I still have so much more to explore.

I can't wait to share both my past and future adventures with you all, but in the meantime, enjoy a picture from one of my favorite digs. One of those great 'on accident' finds no less!
Skygazer
Welcome to the forums, always great to hear that the info the forum contains has been useful.

I have to agree that the best of things found are often found by mistake, or by chance. I've had times like that, Once while hounding with my family, we where heading back to the vehicle after finding some cool stuffs, and i happened to spot a small crystal poking out of the ground, and about 35 - 50 Min later we pulled out a huge chunk of thunder egg that contained calcite crystals and agate the size of a basketball. So heavy it is now a corner yard rock that never moves.

I look forward to adventures you post in the future! Always great to see people having fun finding things for themselves, especially near there own area.

Would love to see more pictures of your finds, especially after you get them cleaned up!

Goodluck and have fun.

ForestGnome

Thanks Skygazer!

Unfortunately that quartz bit there is a LOT uglier now that it's clean. You can really see that it grew back inside the rock, and the "smokey" is wildly inconsistent. But you know what? It's unique and has a fun story just like your's, right down to just randomly finding a tip poking out of the ground and that's what it's really all about for me.

Definitely going to be posting some more finds here in a bit, and their stories too once I get them all a little more presentable. Ya'll don't need to see how messy my workshop is right now wink.gif

Tombstone Glass Studio
Welcome 🤗
Great to see another crystal digger, Great find!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.