Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found Gold
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
Doug-Iowa
I ventured out in the drizzle today to do a bit of metal detecting. I took my Tesoro Cortes with a 9x8 coil on it and decided on a playground to hunt. The ground was sand and it was wet. I hunted with the discrimination just above iron and dug lots of junk and foil. It turns out it was all worth it. I dug 95 cents in clad coins and this 10K gold diamond and a purple stone in it. It is a very small ring, but man do I love finding the gold.

Doug-Iowa
russau
very nice ring! and one heck of a ring stand!
Tom-ia
That is one beautiful ring Doug! Congratulations. It is an Amethyst, in a Marquis cut.
gold_tutor
ayup, yerrrrrright as rain there, Tom...and in THAT size, it's perfect for Lady Shrek laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Way to go, Doug!!!!!!! And very VERY nice job of cleaning that up, too!
Gat-Wa.
WOW Doug Great Find :D It looks to be in good shape too!
Gat.
Doug-Iowa
Way to go, Doug!!!!!!! And very VERY nice job of cleaning that up, too!

I took the pic just the way the ring came out of the sand. Have to love fresh drops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.