Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wolf creek
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
nate
Was in Pagosa springs for the weekend. My wife ran the Chile Cha Cha half marathon in the pouring rain, snow, hail and lightning. I made 3 short trips to a couple different locations not far from town and was able to add a few new minerals to my collection. Plus I brought home about 5 pounds of geode and nodules to open here and hopefully add a couple more minerals to the collection.

Click to view attachment
1) raw agate. Pulled out of the rock. Solid by weight but could have a small hollow.
2)quartz lined geode.
3)mordenite. Muddy from the rain seeping through the rocks, but hopefully you can see the hair-like tendrils! First ever for me.
4) I think more mordenite. Just not enough room for the hairs.
5) something hollow. Had some of these that were solid black inside, one with mordenite, and this one that I'm surprised I got out in one piece.

Click to view attachment

Better picture of the mordenite.

Click to view attachment

Heulandite - this also lines multiple of the nodules/geodes I found. Pretty and orange
Camera won't focus for a better shot.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this)
RyanRoberts
Yeah, so wrong. Let me correct you:

1) Brown Rock
2) White Sparkly Rock
3) Dirty Rock with Coconut
4) Piece of Almond Joy
5) Alienite

Denise
Very cool finds Nate! I especially like the Mordenite, very cool! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You crack me up Ryan! About spit my drink on the puter after reading that.
smiley-laughing021.gif
nate
i have a few dozen unopened nodules/geodes that i brought home. by weight i think at least a couple of them are mordenite. those should turn into great specimens as they should have been affected by weathering breaking in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.