Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Todays Hawks
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
leonard
Today's Hawk sightings. We found a new nest site that had 2 adults and 1 young. We saw a Bald Eagle yesterday.

Leonard

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

swizz
Very nice Leonard. I received my P900 and am getting to know it a little bit. I wish that it would shoot in RAW but not a huge deal. Amazing lens and came with two spare batteries plus a wall charger. I just ordered a polarizer filter. I can't wait to get some good bird shots.
leonard
QUOTE (swizz @ Jul 29 2017, 06:05 PM) *
Very nice Leonard. I received my P900 and am getting to know it a little bit. I wish that it would shoot in RAW but not a huge deal. Amazing lens and came with two spare batteries plus a wall charger. I just ordered a polarizer filter. I can't wait to get some good bird shots.

One thing I noticed is it seems to go really easy on batteries. My old camera used 4 AA cells and it seemed liked they were always running down. The P900 might also use more battery power if you have the GPS turned on. I don't use mine.

I think you will really like it. I do mine.
Leonard
swizz
I think Nikon uses good Lithium battteries. My D3200 isn't really a battery eater either. I never have GPS nor Location set to 'on'.
Crusty
awesome pics!!
Denise
Fantastic pictures Leonard!! Just love the wildlife that Colorado has and it seems you have a great spot to watch the predatory birds! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif signs021.gif
leonard
This is the baby hawk from the nest I posted a few days ago. Mom and Dad weren't home.

Leonard

Click to view attachment
leonard
It almost looks like there are 2 baby hawks in the nest.
Leonard

Click to view attachment
leonard
Here's one of the babies.

Leonard

Click to view attachment
Denise
Love the pics Leonard! signs021.gif Amazing how fast the children grow eh? biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.