Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ryan's Finds
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
RyanRoberts
Just thought I'd start sharing my fun finds from my club invites. Prolly nothing too mind blowing but it's fun to see these finds cleaned up and some close-up detail.

Here's some pyrite or chalcopyrite.
RyanRoberts
Here's a gnarly chunk of crystals with some metallic hot rocks mixed in. Not sure if it's some kind of hemitite or magnetite or...?

RyanRoberts
Here's some Aquamarine crystals that are somewhat splintered or crushed a bit but this is my first Aquamarine find and to see that baby blue is quite exciting.
MikeS
Nice pictures Ryan! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think the first specimen is quartz and chalcopyrite mostly, maybe a little pyrite and specks of gold in there.

Second one looks like a quartz vein with red staining from iron. Not sure about the black mineral in there, it could be several things.

That beryl chunk w/aquamarine is awesome! I wonder where those glaciers picked that up. chin.gif
swizz
Nice finds, and outstanding images! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
RyanRoberts
Thanks guys! And thanks for expert breakdown Mike. I love you guys for that!
RyanRoberts
Can anyone identify this strange sparkly stuff of my feldspars?
nate
the blue stuff or the more silver colored? or is that the same stuff and just how it shines in the light?
relicsncoins
Cool stuff Ryan.
RyanRoberts
I'm not sure if there really is anything blue in real life but it's all so small. I'm more interested in the sparkly silvery stuff. Dave?
MikeS
It's tough to tell from the pics Ryan but I see 3 different minerals there. The only guess I have is fluorite for the blue specks but even that is hard to be sure from the pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.