Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to buy/trade for good packable shovel & prospecting gear!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted
Kejick
Hi Folks, so on my last dig, the 2nd shovel full of loose dirt and I hear a snap... My folding prospecting shovel wooden handle snapped! Upon further inspection it looks like micro-termite damage... My friend thinks it may have been an old unmarked soviet surplus shovel that just got painted green. Bought 2 of them up at Gold N Detectors, which don't get me wrong is an awesome shop and I highly recommend it, but just FYI if you guys are reading this, check your green folding shovels :)

Anyhow!!!
I need a good, solid, preferably non-wooden handle folding prospecting shovel or 2!

Also looking for:

(Preferably folding) stream sluice box
Handheld GPS (both of mine got stolen, and my 17 y/o Magellan just isn't cutting it)
Decent Metal Detector &/or Decent VLF Gold Detector
Handheld Waterproof Pin-pointer/Pro-Pointer Metal Detector

Not quite as important right now but also interested in an entry level lapidary setup

I don't have much cash to spend right now, but I do have lots of cool stuff to trade, including outdoors gear, electronics, gadgets & lots of cool stuff!

Let me know what you have & maybe we can work something out!

Crusty
Get a genuine military issue e tool... don't get a piece of crap Chinese knockoff. I've used the one I was issuedoing 30 years ago to dig foxhole, chop down trees, and dig anywhere. They are damn near bullet proof!

https://www.amazon.com/Military-Original-Is...l/dp/B004SOPJG4
h20prospector
Have a new Le Trap River robber sluice you can buy. Also have a Garmin GPSmap 60GSx. Neither will get any use. good price. PM me.

Pat
Kejick
Thanks Guys! Main thing I'm still looking for is a Garrett handheld pinpointer metal detector probe, and not one of the fake counterfeit ones because they don't work. If anyone has one laying around, please pm me. I have some cool stuff I can trade you or just buy it. :)
traddoerr
QUOTE (Kejick @ Jun 2 2017, 06:53 PM) *
Thanks Guys! Main thing I'm still looking for is a Garrett handheld pinpointer metal detector probe, and not one of the fake counterfeit ones because they don't work. If anyone has one laying around, please pm me. I have some cool stuff I can trade you or just buy it. :)

Kejick, I have both of the Garrett pin-pointers (pro-pointer, pro-pointer AT) If your wanting to use the pro-pointer for locating any size gold, they don't work. I have pickers ranging in size from 1.5 grains( 1/4") to 1 mm, neither one will respond to them because the Klhz is not high enough to detect them, it will pick up any gold that has a mix in it like rings and such, but just not raw gold, the only thing I'm aware of that's portable is the Falcon's that will detect gold as small as a .2 grain. Best of luck!
Kejick
QUOTE (traddoerr @ Jun 2 2017, 11:38 PM) *
Kejick, I have both of the Garrett pin-pointers (pro-pointer, pro-pointer AT) If your wanting to use the pro-pointer for locating any size gold, they don't work. I have pickers ranging in size from 1.5 grains( 1/4") to 1 mm, neither one will respond to them because the Klhz is not high enough to detect them, it will pick up any gold that has a mix in it like rings and such, but just not raw gold, the only thing I'm aware of that's portable is the Falcon's that will detect gold as small as a .2 grain. Best of luck!

Thanks for the message but honestly I've never been too apt towards metal detecting gold around here since its mostly dust, I'm actually looking for a pinpointer for general metal detecting, liking finding coins and the like. If you happen to want to sell or trade one of yours, let me know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.