Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything you need to prospect
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
Drex
I have never posted anything, anywhere, so hopefully I'm doing this correct. I am no longer prospecting, so all of my equipment is for sale. I have a little over $6K worth of gear that I'm looking to get rid of. I purchased everything new from The Rock Doc. Everything is in excellent condition. This is a take it all proposition, all my gear for $3K cash, you pick it up. The equipment is as follows: Keene #177203 3" Highbanker/Dredge, with 6 HP Honda, blue miner mat and extra hoses, 190 hours on equipment; Keene #140 HVS Dry Washer, 100 hours on equipment; Keene Super Concentrator Recirculating Micro Sluice, 10 hours on equipment; Blue Bowl, 10 hours on equipment; Catch It Table II, 10 hours on equipment; Gold Core dive suit (I'm 5'10" and 165 pounds), Gold Core dive hood, dive boots ( size 9), mask and snorkle. I will throw in pans, classifiers, buckets and tubs.

Thanks

Drex

P.S. I also have a full base camp worth of camping gear that needs to go.
ChuckD
Drex...
I'm currently planning on heading to Colorado in a few weeks and will be interested in purchasing a tent and sleeping bag. I currently have one of each, but I'm not sure if they are up to "Colorado" camping standards ( I live in south Texas). I was just going to check and see if you might have these items for sale. If not, can you advise me on where you would shop for these items and what brand you would buy? I'm guessing some type of "low-profile" tent that can stand up to high winds...? I'm not sure exactly what part of Colorado I'll end up in, so any store, anywhere is worth mention. This trip will probably end up being mostly a tour of Colorado "as seen from the road." Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!
johnnybravo300
I think Drex sold everything. I was talking to him not long ago about some stuff he had left.

I think any basic tent is fine and bring bedding for our average temps and you should be good but definitely bring extra bedding and a good jacket and coat. It's all about layers when it gets cold here and the mountains can seem unforgiving to a low land visitor. Bring good rain gear if your camping because it sucks to be wet AND cold when there's nowhere to get warm. Our rain isn't very warm and inviting.
Also bring a good pad to keep you off the ground and maybe a few tarps and 550 cord.

Just tossing out some ideas for ya. It's better to be prepared and when a storm rolls in overhead and the temps drop from 70 to 45 and it starts hailing, you will be glad you brought some real mountain gear. Prepare for the worst and the rest will be cake.
The mountains make their own weather out here and we just have to deal with it hehe. It's really not that bad but I just want you to be prepared and have a good time.
Most of the time it's beautiful here so don't forget the shorts and flip flops and sun screen!
ChuckD
QUOTE (johnnybravo300 @ May 30 2017, 11:27 PM) *
I think Drex sold everything. I was talking to him not long ago about some stuff he had left.

I think any basic tent is fine and bring bedding for our average temps and you should be good but definitely bring extra bedding and a good jacket and coat. It's all about layers when it gets cold here and the mountains can seem unforgiving to a low land visitor. Bring good rain gear if your camping because it sucks to be wet AND cold when there's nowhere to get warm. Our rain isn't very warm and inviting.
Also bring a good pad to keep you off the ground and maybe a few tarps and 550 cord.

Just tossing out some ideas for ya. It's better to be prepared and when a storm rolls in overhead and the temps drop from 70 to 45 and it starts hailing, you will be glad you brought some real mountain gear. Prepare for the worst and the rest will be cake.
The mountains make their own weather out here and we just have to deal with it hehe. It's really not that bad but I just want you to be prepared and have a good time.
Most of the time it's beautiful here so don't forget the shorts and flip flops and sun screen!

Thank you very much for the advice and the info. It is greatly appreciated!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.