Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to Grand Junction and Prospecting
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
EB18D
Hi everyone! I'm glad I found this site. I am new to Grand Junction and Colorado. I picked up prospecting in North Idaho when I was there for a short time working. I would like to find a place close to Grand Junction to play around and find a little bit of color. Unfortunately my time is limited and I won't be able to travel far. Would anyone be willing to tell me about a place close by to do a little bit of panning and sluicing? Thank you all in advance. And if anyone is going out and doesn't mind a newbie tagging along I would be forever in your debt.
johnnybravo300
Welcome to cp. I don't know the gj area very well but hope ya find that yeller!
EB18D
QUOTE (johnnybravo300 @ Mar 6 2017, 04:40 PM) *
Welcome to cp. I don't know the gj area very well but hope ya find that yeller!

Thanks! From what I gather there isn't much 😕
MikeS
Welcome to Colorado and welcome to Colorado Prospector EB18D! sign0016.gif

Sadly there is very little for known placer gold localities over your way. The club members do get together often for gold and crystals but there is very limited amounts of either of those close to Grand Junction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.