Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorado Sunsets
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Pages: 1, 2
Denise
Here are a few pics I took yesterday ( Oct.22nd ).
I hope you enjoy them. Sorry the pics are a little dark, im still having problems with my camera.
Denise
Pic 2
Denise
Pic 3
arvada
Stunning sunsets.
Arvada
TWA
Thanks for sharing Denise they are sure pretty sunsets.

But does the Snow come with them as well. TWA ph34r.gif
thegeno
Just beautiful! What else is there to say?
geno
Denise
Thanks guys! happy.gif Here is another from the 23rd.
Denise
and another. smile.gif
jmann
WOW me likem to. Joe
Evil Ernie
Man! I love this state...Beats the hell outta Jersey!!!!!!!! Although the sunrise over the ocean was kinda cool, but nothing even close to the sunrise/sunsets we have here...
Denise
Here is one I took on the evening of the 4th.
Fireworks took over this view when the sky darkened more.

BTW Trevor (TWA)...Yes the snow comes with them all....year round on the mountain peaks. wub.gif
jim
WOW Denise you are a great photographer.
OkieJon
I agree,Denise has taken some great wildlife and sunset pictures!
Thanks for sharing them.
SW Oklahoma has nice sunsets but nothing to compare to Colorado.

This was taken from my porch near Ringling,Ok.

Denise
blush.gif Thanks guys! It helps to love what you do and be in a great place like Colorado.

Great picture OkieJon. Fantastic colors! happy.gif
Denise
It nice at the end of a rough day, to be reminded how beautiful this world can be.
swizz
Woody
I don't know where you've been Chris, But I see you took First Place!!!
Looking Good. Woody.
Denise
Great picture Chris...You nailed that one! char098.gif

"I don't know where you've been Chris, But I see you took First Place!!!"

Not the exact wording from the song, but reminds me of a song the Irish Rovers sing Woody. giggle.gif
I will have to post it in the "off the wall" thread in the Jam Sessions.
biggrin.gif
Woody
I think it is only missing the word "lad" in the place of "Chris". A great drinking song. I got it, but don't know how to post it.
Denise
No worries Woody, I added it. wink.gif

At the top of the "Off the wall songs" thread, I added some instructions for adding links that might help you. Check it out while you listed to some songs. stereo.gif
swizz
Sun sets in the west.... but this is looking to the east this evening. Kinda cool when that happens.
From my 2nd story front window....
peaceful
Woody
This pic shows what appear to be multiple weather patterns within the same cloud formation. Often a cloud or system will vary greatly from one side to another but that change occurs vertically, as in from left to right. Here the changes can clearly be seen occurring latterly, like different layers of sedimentary rock and clay. I wonder which one has the gold in it?? Woody.
CP
Wow Swizz that's a spectacular shot! char098.gif Awesome color contrast and clarity, just beautiful!

Woody's thinking of weather but when I opened the pic I found myself dreaming of orange agate formations in progress biggrin.gif ......hmmmmm I must be a tad bit weird! smiley-laughing021.gif

Thanks for sharing the sunset colors, very nice.
Denise
Awesome shot Chris, amazing detail. I love how the branches wrap around the sides of the picture with the snowy mountains at the bottom. Good job! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Orange Sherbet comes to mind for me. blush.gif
Denise
Here was my best attempt in freezing cold temps outside sick a few days ago. wacko.gif

Warming peaceful colors at the end of another beautiful day here in Colorado.
smile.gif

Click to view attachment
swizz
Good shot Denise, and similar to the cloud formation in the recent one I posted. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Sorry to hear that you caught the sick and hope that it passes soon! Never any fun.
I know it's been cold down your way too... been seeing it on the news every morning. I'm betting that new woodstove has been getting a workout!
Woody
Here is a Pic that was taken just as the sun set. It didn't last but for about 10 minutes but really put on a heck of a display. It would of been great to have had a time laps video of this sunset. Woody.
Denise
Cool picture Woody! happy088.gif It almost looks like a big fire in the distance.
swizz
Here's one from the back yard last night. Not spectacular... but kinda cool.
Denise
I think it's spectacular!!!! Good job Chris!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif char098.gif Fantastic colors. happy088.gif
russau
i should have moved 4 years ago while i had the chance!
swizz
This one's an optical illusion.
I took it about an hour ago, good pastel colors tonight. This is looking north.
It appears as though there are mountains and plains in the background.
NOT... it is 100% clouds. wink.gif

Denise
Beautiful shot Chris and I love the colors! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif It definately looks like mountains and plains!

It's never too late Russ, Colorado will always have a place for you when your ready.
smile.gif
swizz
To better illustrate the illusion... here's a pic I took this morning from the same perspective.

Woody
Here is a picture I took this evening as the sun was setting over the Cheyenne Mountains. Pikes Peak is just out of the the picture to the right. I think I would of had a nice, long ride if I had noticed the skyline sooner.
swizz
Good one!
swizz
Here is a sunset looking across Lake Granby after a day of ice fishing this winter.
(pssst Woody, Abe Lincoln is in the background) biggrin.gif

Denise
Great pictures guys!! Keep them coming, I have been missing them lately. sad.gif I need to take more time out to see them....so what if the dinner burns. music037.gif
Denise
I caught a good one storming in the distance with the sun going down. char098.gif

Click to view attachment
swizz
very nice happy088.gif
I've been slacking lately on the the sunrise/sunset pics, need to get back on that.
Denise
Thanks Chris! I would love to see more of your sunset/sunrise pictures....You have a great view there!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
leonard
Being retired, the sun gets up quite a bit before me. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I then go to bed before the sun sets. Dang, retirement's nice!
Leonard
Denise
QUOTE (leonard @ Apr 29 2012, 08:51 AM) *
Being retired, the sun gets up quite a bit before me. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I then go to bed before the sun sets. Dang, retirement's nice!
Leonard

So you must really love this thread then Leonard. biggrin.gif

This one is from a few days ago, but better late than never right? Lots of clouds this afternoon...even making it hard to see the eclipse of the sun. sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Denise
The wildfires had the sunset red tonight again. Here are a couple shots looking east.
Looks like a big storm is brewing!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Denise
I love the stormy clouds during a good sunset! happy.gif Here is a closer look.

Click to view attachment
swizz
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Sep 21 2012, 07:35 PM) *
I love the stormy clouds during a good sunset! happy.gif Here is a closer look.

That one is surreal.... like from a sci-fi movie or something.
Different, and very cool.
Denise
Thanks Chris, I love the different clouds especially when they show colors with the sunrise or sunset. signs021.gif

Denise
Colorado sunset after a chilly November day.

Click to view attachment
Denise
A wonderful ending to a beautiful May day! cloud9.gif

Woody
Here is a sunset Picture I took last weekend from the boat. I am headed to the lake again this weekend. Me and my dad are going to spend a couple of days fishing, should be fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.