Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Denver Coliseum Mineral, Fossil and Gem Show
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Rallies and Coming Shows
EMac
Looks like Jen and I are are going to go on Saturday. Anyone else going or already gone?
swizz
That's my favorite one! I won't be making this year's but I bet it is spectacular!!! Bring your camera and limit your budget. I can only walk in there with "X" amount of cash and stick to it, I want one of everything. Can also go and spend no money if you have that kind of discipline. I only go on the last day because ridiculously good deals can be had toward the end of the day, especially for larger pieces since they don't want to pack them back up.
Have fun and take some cool pics!
EMac
I love these shows too! I went the last 2 years and ended up only buying one thing as a gift last year, so I'm not too worried about going broke.

Not quite the last day, but if something exciting catches my eye, who knows?
swizz
Next time I go, I'm going to get a good Azurite specimen... stuff is cool looking.
Crusty
Wish I was in town. Y'all have fun!
Denise
What?!....No pics of the show! kick_can.gif
EMac
We had a decent-sized crowd with us, and I ended up not taking any pics. I was too busy trying to make sure we didn't lose a kid in the crowd, or preventing them from touching specimens priced well outside my budget.

There were some gorgeous samples available. My favorites were the meteorites (KD something meteorites), and the guy who owned the malachite/azurite mine in Utah. I was tempted to pick up something from him, primarily since he was one of the few miners there among hundreds of dealers.

"Aura quartz" seemed to be a big thing this year. I had to look up how they make it.

Overall, it was pretty cool, but it wasn't the best show I've been to here in Denver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.