Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Endless Adventure
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
NewRockHounder
G n I took some folks we had met up at the Busse 'Mt. Antero' claim about a week ago - they seemed like good enough people to invite to Endless. Long story short we just got back from a 2 day camping trip. We found the usual good specimens of amazonite and a few decent smokies.. but the fella we invited found this.. (pic in a min) was really the best find of the trip. There was some icy clear pieces that everyone seemed to pick up (tho the 'pieces' i got are very nicely terminated.. smiley-shocked003.gif ) Unfort for the rest of you.. our phone died so I won't have pics for a couple weeks.

As it turns out.. they fit the "outings group," very nicely. Tori has already joined the forums. sign0016.gif Hopefully they'll end up joining the club. CP_Member.gif Anywho, here's Mark "Cat" 's photo of the best find ye trip.. Click to view attachment

CnG
swizz
Holy cow, that's a biggun! Find the pocket where that came from or one near it and it could be jackpot. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Right?
Iheartsparklerocks
Thanks for the welcome! It was a very fun trip and we're so thankful to you guys for teaching us and inviting us to your claim! Here's a picture of my baby termination with it's friend. I just love the tiny ones lol! Click to view attachment
Denise
Sounds like it was a great time with some awesome finds!! I am also fond of the tiny ones and that one is a dandy!
Very cool of you Colin and Glenda, you both rock!
cheers.gif
swizz
BEAUTIFUL! happy088.gif
CP
Yep nice finds for sure, good work folks! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
Woah.. Woah.. folks? WTH.. Really.. (okay.. ha! okay, enough with the Dot Dot) Seriously, Mr. CP, if that is yer real name, which it is not. You, at the very least could show us the respect we so deserve. CP_Member.gif And/er the (we know they are, they might not know yet, but they are - members) peoples we brought up there. Like us, scary, like us.

Less folky, more prospecty. smiley-laughing021.gif

C not so much G
swizz
What? candle_smiley.gif
James and Cyndi
chin.gif
fenixsmom
greensmilies-025.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif smiley-laughing021.gif
EMac
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Sep 11 2016, 08:37 PM) *
Woah.. Woah.. folks? WTH.. Really.. (okay.. ha! okay, enough with the Dot Dot) Seriously, Mr. CP, if that is yer real name, which it is not. You, at the very least could show us the respect we so deserve. CP_Member.gif And/er the (we know they are, they might not know yet, but they are - members) peoples we brought up there. Like us, scary, like us.

Less folky, more prospecty. smiley-laughing021.gif

C not so much G

My bet is that this post can be explained with two words: distilled grain.
fenixsmom
I would have said Jaw Harp.
NewRockHounder
QUOTE (EMac @ Sep 12 2016, 10:00 AM) *
My bet is that this post can be explained with two words: distilled grain.

smiley-laughing021.gif laught16.gif happy112.gif
EMac
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Sep 12 2016, 10:17 AM) *
I would have said Jaw Harp.

There was a synergistic effect.
CP
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Sep 11 2016, 07:37 PM) *
Woah.. Woah.. folks? WTH.. Really.. (okay.. ha! okay, enough with the Dot Dot) Seriously, Mr. CP, if that is yer real name, which it is not. You, at the very least could show us the respect we so deserve.

Wow, seriously Colin?! After that comment you're going to laugh it off and say "I was just drinking too much again"?....... Sorry but I'll call you on this one! You've had "too much to drink" in my personal presence already multiple times and should have full well known better than this, you're over the line...again! I fail to see what I've done that was not respectful and I believe you sure look disrespectful towards me at this point! signs019.gif I have enough respect for myself to call you on it bud!!

That was either a very piss poor attempt at humor which we've all missed the laughing part of.....or you actually meant what you said. Which would it be? Either way, drinking too much sure doesn't make it ok to come on this forum board and treat me like shit! sadno.gif

EMac
eating-popcorn-03.gif
relicsncoins
Drunk posting never ends well.
NewRockHounder
Ya know.. I wasn't even drunk when I posted.. I was just laughing at Emac's comment (that I quoted)

But whatever... slaphead.gif
MikeS
QUOTE (CP @ Sep 11 2016, 05:03 PM) *
Yep nice finds for sure, good work folks! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Woah.. Woah.. folks? WTH.. Really.. (okay.. ha! okay, enough with the Dot Dot) Seriously, Mr. CP, if that is yer real name, which it is not. You, at the very least could show us the respect we so deserve.

Colin, there is nothing disrespectful in what Dan wrote. I have used the word "folks" at least 50 times on these forums. Your comment is way out of line. Furthermore I seen your FB post where you are dragging the whole club into your temper tantrum. I am pissed. I have been spending a great deal of my free time to help this club and whoever I can most of all YOU! I was hoping I would never have to deny anyone my help but you just won first prize. Do not ask for my help and do not come to my invites! Sounds like Glenda is not part of your tantrum
C not so much G

...so Glenda is still welcome. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That's my 2c.gif FOLKS!
swizz
QUOTE (MikeS @ Sep 14 2016, 07:10 PM) *
Do not ask for my help and do not come to my invites!

This goes for me as well. I do not have facebook but am confident in Mike's word. Burn the club... you burn us all, especially after all we've done to try and help you. Nice knowin' ya. smileywaving.gif
Endless bullspit.
EMac
Given Colin was advertising spending some time recently at Dan's, I have to think there's more to this story than the dirty laundry here and on Facebook. I agree with Mike and Dan that I don't see anything disrespectful in Dan's reply, but perhaps Colin has a different perspective.

I have to say it was sad to see the club, that was pivotal in enabling Colin to claim Endless, being dragged into what appears to be a personal matter.

QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Jun 10 2016, 04:22 PM) *
greensmilies-012.gif Filing today... yes yes, 90 days... Less worry, got the money now.. more time to focus on mining full time. I should have some pics from the claim (er at least what we've been pulling out as of late) this weekend.

Anywho, once we get some other things squared away, we'll be having our first club member invite to the claim. extra_happy.gif

That's 'bout all I can muster into words at the moment... the excitement.. excited.gif still..

CnG

Thank you again for all that you've done, helping us do it right!, Mike S. Now we have the ability to not only do it ourselves but to help the next member that comes along and needs assistance with the claim setup process. cheers.gif

I agree that Colin is over the line on FB as well as on here. If Dan's been out of line, he hasn't displayed this publicly.

I'm hopeful that cooler heads may prevail and sincere apologies are offered where they're warranted. I'm not a fan of burning bridges; I hope no more are burned, and the scarred ones can be repaired. Is there an option for the public and private disrespect to be tempered with corresponding public and private apologies as is fitting?

I'm not asking anyone to air additional dirty laundry or ill feelings; I don't think that will be helpful.

Edited to add a thread quote I intended to include, but hadn't copied in.
fenixsmom
Alright I'm going to throw my two cents in here. Maybe this is all a huge misunderstanding. I've been pouring over this thread over and over again trying to figure it out. I can honestly see that with Colin's odd style of humor he was just ribbing Dan. I can also see how it can be easily misunderstood because of how unorthodox his style of writing is. Then there is the eventual snowball effect, Dan's response followed by Colin's explosion on Facebook. I'm not saying who is right or wrong, just providing a different perspective.
That being said, I'm not looking forward to WW3 happening within the club members. I really hope Colin can provide a straightforward, no guesswork explanation. I really, really, really hope this is just a big misunderstanding.

Edited with corrections
MikeS
I admire your open minded takes on the matter Emac and fenixsmom. I always try to do the same. Colin has had more than enough chance to defend his words getting upset at the word "folks". If it was a joke gone awry or if it was just misunderstood then he should be able to come here and defend his words. Instead he goes to other social media and posts childish trash talk about Dan while pulling the whole club into it TWICE!! He does come back to act like it's a joke and no big deal instead of addressing his bullcrap. He has been watching this post most of the day today as have I. Instead of being a man and coming here to address Dan or I that dirty weasel sends a text to my phone today saying this is all "cause Dan can't take a joke". I did not find it funny at all. Not only was his FB post not funny that is what pissed me off the most.

NOW I AM REALLY F N PISSED!!!

Colin, stay the hell away from me. Don't call or text me. I am not going to join in on your delusion. This will be your only warning.
EMac
QUOTE (MikeS @ Sep 15 2016, 05:28 PM) *
I admire your open minded takes on the matter Emac and fenixsmom. I always try to do the same. Colin has had more than enough chance to defend his words getting upset at the word "folks". If it was a joke gone awry or if it was just misunderstood then he should be able to come here and defend his words. Instead he goes to other social media and posts childish trash talk about Dan while pulling the whole club into it TWICE!! He does come back to act like it's a joke and no big deal instead of addressing his bullcrap. He has been watching this post most of the day today as have I. Instead of being a man and coming here to address Dan or I that dirty weasel sends a text to my phone today saying this is all "cause Dan can't take a joke". I did not find it funny at all. Not only was his FB post not funny that is what pissed me off the most.

NOW I AM REALLY F N PISSED!!!

Colin, stay the hell away from me. Don't call or text me. I am not going to join in on your delusion. This will be your only warning.

If anyone has the right to feel this way, you're certainly near or at the top of the list; you spent a lot of time helping get him off the ground so to speak. I, for one, can say that I appreciate the vast knowledge and even-keeled style you bring to our table. We're a better group for it. Thank you!

MikeS
QUOTE (EMac @ Sep 15 2016, 05:46 PM) *
If anyone has the right to feel this way, you're certainly near or at the top of the list; you spent a lot of time helping get him off the ground so to speak. I, for one, can say that I appreciate the vast knowledge and even-keeled style you bring to our table. We're a better group for it. Thank you!

Your welcome! Thank you too for all the insight you have brought as well. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
fenixsmom
I can definitely see everyone's perspective here. And can't disagree with anyone.
NewRockHounder
Welp.. What can I say.. Seems like I'm outed for one of my 'classic' post. I even said "folks," in my first post on this.. well.. post.. so y'all got bent outta shape fer not taking a joke... (Dan) I was completely sober (no weed, for once) when I posted that, Glenda reread it and it seemed fine.. little did we know...

As fer "me" texting Mike.. that was Glenda, had you read, that she ended with "Glenda." But I think y'all are to pissy over bullsh!t... I ain't got in me to fight back. Y'all take it, well.. like ya took it, no going back now. Good to see the "friends," that you really are. Can't even hear, nor care to, my side of things, take it out of context... hmm, makes me think back to when I started here... sh!t don't change.

It's a great club... but between Dan, his word of law... because he's the club owner, doesn't mean he's always right! And y'all wanna out me on some bullsh!t.. fine. I can't express my feelings here.. so I do it on FB and get fncked.. can't win it seems. I did more for this club then y'all know (sorry I didn't have internet and couldn't post about it all... doesn't help to be part of a ONLINE CLUB and not have net)

Anywho, I'm tired of explaining myself.. it is what it is, y'all made it into more than it had to be, but like I said, I ain't got in me, so "fnck it"

Thank fnckin god I ain't a lifetime.

C

P - S. Thanks fer posting it all in the public forums.. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
James and Cyndi
Wowza, looks like I missed quite a bit in the last few days. Not sure what was said on Facebook but what I see here so far seems a bit melodramatic from all ends. Saddens me.
EMac
I hope you find peace Colin.
Dave S.
I agree with EMac "I hope you find peace Colin"

Having said that..... I was not as upset as my brother at first on this, so I was gonna stay back from it. But that Facebook post of yours was way over the line.

I have a few points to make:

#1 Colin, you know that you make funky posts ON PURPOSE! Because it is your style or whatever. But you should understand that it can cause confusion when you post like that. You should consider that OTHER people are reading your posts, and they might not understand the post (so why post it so weird in the first place?) I recommend you change your typing habits in the future, to avoid this stuff. (you know it has happened before)

#2 Even if Dan simply mistook your post, he still addressed the issue like a adult man. He did not call you names or anything like that. YOU on the other hand went strait to Facebook and started cussing him out, and then you mentioned the club, and brought up personal crap on the Facebook post that does NOT belong there. You reacted like an immature high school student, in an online public place....... And that brings me to my next point.

#3 At the end of your last post you make the snarky, smartass comment "thanks for posting it on the public forums" .... What!!! You are the one who brought this over to Facebook THE MOST PUBLIC PLACE POSSIBLE!!!! And if you were paying any attention, half the comments were sympathetic to you, or at least they want a peaceful conclusion here. DO NOT accuse them of any attempt to put it here on purpose, it is NOT their fault! They are not "pushing you out"... you are doing that to yourself. Not because OF bullcrap, but because of YOUR bullcrap. You should learn the difference between the two.

#4 You claim no one is hearing your side of things, but you have spent most of your posts, playing the victim, and trying to make this about a joke. YOUR FACEBOOK POST WAS NOT A JOKE!! And until you address that, you shall get no sympathy from me. It is your "venting" on FB that has caused the REAL problem here. If you choose to "VENT" in public, then the public WILL respond to your venting(or expressed feelings). In the future you should "VENT" to your girlfriend, or others close to you..... but do it PRIVATELY!

#5 Yes, it is true that you have helped the club. But don't let that go to your head.... the club has really helped you out as well. Your mine claim is a testament to that. The people who helped you, including Dan, do NOT deserve to be attacked the way you did it.

Dave S.
It is my opinion that you owe Dan, and the rest of the club an apology at the very least.
CP
QUOTE (Dave S. @ Sep 16 2016, 11:18 AM) *
I agree with EMac "I hope you find peace Colin"

Having said that..... I was not as upset as my brother at first on this, so I was gonna stay back from it. But that Facebook post of yours was way over the line.

I have a few points to make: #1 Colin, you know that you make funky posts ON PURPOSE! Because it is your style or whatever. But you should understand that it can cause confusion when you post like that. You should consider that OTHER people are reading your posts, and they might not understand the post (so why post it so weird in the first place?) I recommend you change your typing habits in the future, to avoid this stuff. (you know it has happened before)

#2 Even if Dan simply mistook your post, he still addressed the issue like a adult man. He did not call you names or anything like that. YOU on the other hand went strait to Facebook and started cussing him out, and then you mentioned the club, and brought up personal crap on the Facebook post that does NOT belong there. You reacted like an immature high school student, in an online public place....... And that brings me to my next point.

#3 At the end of your last post you make the snarky, smartass comment "thanks for posting it on the public forums" .... What!!! You are the one who brought this over to Facebook THE MOST PUBLIC PLACE POSSIBLE!!!! And if you were paying any attention, half the comments were sympathetic to you, or at least they want a peaceful conclusion here. DO NOT accuse them of any attempt to put it here on purpose, it is NOT their fault! They are not "pushing you out"... you are doing that to yourself. Not because OF bullcrap, but because of YOUR bullcrap. You should learn the difference between the two.

#4 You claim no one is hearing your side of things, but you have spent most of your posts, playing the victim, and trying to make this about a joke. YOUR FACEBOOK POST WAS NOT A JOKE!! And until you address that, you shall get no sympathy from me. It is your "venting" on FB that has caused the REAL problem here. If you choose to "VENT" in public, then the public WILL respond to your venting(or expressed feelings). In the future you should "VENT" to your girlfriend, or others close to you..... but do it PRIVATELY!

#5 Yes, it is true that you have helped the club. But don't let that go to your head.... the club has really helped you out as well. Your mine claim is a testament to that. The people who helped you, including Dan, do NOT deserve to be attacked the way you did it.

Thank you Dave, extremely well worded, explanatory and polite! worthy.gif happy112.gif

I completely agree and it's very saddening unfortunately. Hopefully Colin can learn something here (I know I have) and change his choice of actions that cause these re-actions from others! You just can't step on someone else's feelings and then blow it off as a joke when you're called on it. I'm not being to sensitive or pissy or can't take a joke! This club isn't a joke, my life (this club) isn't a joke, and my feelings are not a joke!!

As I said Colin, I have enough respect for myself to call you on it, YOU CROSSED THE LINE! YOU FURTHER IT WITH MORE BAD CHOICES, EVEN DRAGGING THE CLUB INTO IT, BECAUSE I SAID YOU WERE OVER THE LINE!

MOST IMPORTANTLY.....IT'S FOR SURE OK FOR ME TO STICK UP FOR MYSELF WHEN YOU OFFEND ME! IT WILL NEVER EVER BE OK FOR YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO INVALIDATE MY FEELINGS BY BLOWING IT OFF, CALLING IT A JOKE OR SAYING I'M OVER REACTING/BEING PISSY OR WHAT EVER!

You don't like it Colin, TOO FRICKEN BAD! Get over it and join the grown up's, this is how you handle it when someone is over the line! Don't like the consequence of your action, very simple, start with a different choice of action!

happy112.gif

Nothing meant to anyone else posting in this thread by this comment either... I still believe/say this club has the very best of club members all around!! CP_Member.gif One apple that gets sour doesn't spoil any of the others to my view! Thanks to you all for your support and my personal apology for the club and it's members being slapped in the face like this by another club member, totally uncalled for and not cool! kick_can.gif signs019.gif

Thank you again Dave, so eloquently worded! char092.gif While I also agree, he does owe me, and us all an apology, I'm very old school on this one. You have to earn my respect, an apology will be a good start but his future actions will be how he mends the bridge he's burnt with me and have my respect ever again!

My 2c.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.