Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Australian Goldfield Pictures
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
TWA
Here is a sunset that was taken by Ken on our prospecting trip. rolleyes.gif
Denise
wub.gif Great pic TWA!! Thanks for sharing it.
TWA
Some more pics of the Stuart Desert Pea
TWA
And another desert pea pic
TWA
Here is one of the pigface flower that abounds in the area also.
TWA
Here is one of a juvenile Bungarra. huh.gif
TWA
Here is one of Hazel and I chaining a section of Noels lease at RedCastle.

rolleyes.gif
TWA
Here is a closer up pic of rock caves not far from the old patch at Freemans Find
TWA
Here is a pic of an old miners shack 2 klms west of Redcastle itself.
TWA
This Picture is of the Redcastle Cave. There is a story about the first prospectors to arrive in this area found nuggets strewn all over the suface just below this cave.
And as the story goes they hung a blanket over the entrance to this cave so that other miners couldnt see there camp fire at night thus not giving away the location of where they were finding nuggets on the surface.

When I get my books back I will edit this page and insert the story.
TWA
Here is one of an old furnace at Yundermindra.
TWA
Under metal detecting topic Lorna Glen Station was mentioned so here is a pic of the Lorna Glen Homestead, 243,000 hectares

This Station is now managed by the Dept of Conservation and Land Management as a environmental field station. ( lets hope they never prevent detecting here in the future). Fingers crossed.
TWA
In this pic it shows some old diggings near Mt Weld just out of Laverton in Western Australia
TWA
:( I thought I might just add this pic as its the one of Noels camp out at Redcastle.
This is where we found most of the gold for 2004.
prospector_41
Please add some pic's of the gold you found ;) ;)
TWA
Ok Prospector_41 Here is a pic of Hazel holding a few nuggets in her hand.

For more pics of Gold check out Australian Gold under the Metal Detecting section.

Cheers. TWA ph34r.gif
TWA
Here are a few photographs of some graves that have been long forgotten except for a few passing by that would follow up a disused track at Burtville just out of Laverton.

Looking at these graves I couldnt help thinking, if they werent chasing the elusive yellow stuff would they have survived.

The hardships that they had to endure back then would surely test the best of us today.
TWA
And for the second one.
TWA
Its a shame that these grave could not be better cared for, as these men, women and children were the trail blazers in the early days of the goldrush to this area.

May they rest in peace.
TWA
I thought I would include a picture of an old Pipe that was made by K&P Peterson, this and a braces clip in the shape of a snake was found at Yundermindra diggings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.