Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Endless Claim
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
MikeS
I had a great day helping a few of my fellow CP Club Members stake their first claim. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
After the staking process we had a few hours left to get some digging in. All three of us started digging at a new dig we found last weekend. We found several nice smokey quartz crystals and several amazonite crystals.

Congratulations Colin and Glenda! It looks like your first claim will treat you well!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Crusty
Congrats Colin and Glenda!!

And that was very cool of y'all to go up and help them get it set up. Love this club! CP_Member.gif
Denise
That's fantastic news! extra_happy.gif Congratulations Colin and Glenda! Nice seeing a big smile on Colin's face. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You're too cool for helping them Mike! You rock! cheers.gif

swizz
Very awesome and congrats!!! You may now start enjoying your mining rights!
Super cool of you guys to help Colin with this. CP_Member.gif
CP
Congratulations Colin and Glenda! That's awesome news!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif extra_happy.gif

Now ROCK ON!! signs021.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif You are both definitely on the right track to your future prospecting independence and success, best of luck!

Love these club members reports and their success in the field with each other. CP_Member.gif Super cool of you to help them out in the field Mike and I know you help many in the field too. Kudo's bud!! smiley-cool14.gif greensmilies-012.gif

EMac
Congrats to Colin and Glenda! Mike - you're awesome dude! Thanks a million for all you contribute to this club!
NewRockHounder
greensmilies-012.gif Filing today... yes yes, 90 days... Less worry, got the money now.. more time to focus on mining full time. I should have some pics from the claim (er at least what we've been pulling out as of late) this weekend.

Anywho, once we get some other things squared away, we'll be having our first club member invite to the claim. extra_happy.gif

That's 'bout all I can muster into words at the moment... the excitement.. excited.gif still..

CnG

Thank you again for all that you've done, helping us do it right!, Mike S. Now we have the ability to not only do it ourselves but to help the next member that comes along and needs assistance with the claim setup process. cheers.gif
NewRockHounder
CP_Member.gif We'd also like to take this, internet access, to THANK whole heartedly, the Colorado Prospector's Club; without any of this, we'd not be where we are today. Special thanks of course to Mike S.

Quite honestly.. never saw myself at this point, this soon, with my rock hounding wants and wishes.

DnD - You've got an amazing thing going with the club and the website. Good knowledge, good people, good prospecting. happy112.gif

CnG
MikeS
My two best finds from yesterday at CnG's claim. The best smokey I have found this year and I had to go and chip the termination. slaphead.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
fenixsmom
Congratulations on your claim Colin and Glenda! First claim party at his place! I'm so happy for you buddy!
MikeS, you're a great guy, for many, many reasons!
NewRockHounder
Welp easy enough to get it filed at the county clerks office smiley-clapping.gif However, Castle Rock to Denver at or near rush hour.. and the wee fact that the BLM office closes at 4 rather than 5... we didn't make it.

So Monday, filing will be done. happy088.gif Then it's all bout the emoticon-misc-004.gif

Already have some offers for the stuff we found whilst staking. greensmilies-007.gif dancing_smiley.gif Still trying to figure a way to get some damn pics up.. eh, next time.. happy112.gif

That's bout all to report fer now.

CnG
NewRockHounder
Click to view attachment CP_Member.gif happy088.gif
Rob Wilkerson
That is really fantastic. We are looking forward to getting a crystal claim to. Looks like you will have a lot of good finds on this one. Congratulations.
cliff
Congrats on your claim. I am proud of any one that does all the work to be claim owner
MikeS
C & G are getting some real nice smokies from their claim. Very gemmy and clean with good color.
Click to view attachment

Glenda found this one yesterday.
Click to view attachment
NewRockHounder
Hey gang! smileywaving.gif

Please post all pics/videos from the outing here, let them nonmembers view our glory. smiley-cool14.gif

sweet.gif We had a fabulous turn out! Thank you to everyone for coming and making our first claim invite a spectacular success! dancing_smiley.gif We're glad everyone had a great time and found some killer pieces. extra_happy.gif
Special thanks to Crusty for felling some trees for us. Much appreciated. chores017.gif smiley-clapping.gif
Colin n Glenda
James and Cyndi
And some awesome Amazonite. One of which has a busted smokey on it. Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Endless thanks to you.
JnC
swizz
Gorgeous! Those Amozonite nuts should clean up real nice. What's the clear specimen, Topaz? Good clarity on that one. happy088.gif
James and Cyndi
QUOTE (swizz @ Aug 2 2016, 04:30 PM) *
Gorgeous! Those Amozonite nuts should clean up real nice. What's the clear specimen, Topaz? Good clarity on that one. happy088.gif

Still Quartz. Horizontal striations Just super clear. It was a surface find just peeking out from the pine needles, thought initially that it was glass cause it was so crazy clear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.