Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: prospector for hire
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
Matty j
Hello all, my name is Matt. I'm looking for anyone generous enough to have another partner work claims on Antero or Mt. White. I'm still in claims process for a claim I staked and probably won't be available until next year. I'm not looking for half, just a great friend or partner I can trust, that's harder to find than the gems themselves. Please let me know if you or anyone out there looking. I'll return the favor in cash or hard work for what I love doing. I'm very knowledgeable in the area and with the geology itself. Please contact me via cell phone 719-210-6870. I live in Colorado Springs and will be up there on the 29th of July. I have all my own gear and transportation so no worries there. You wont be disappointed. Thank you.
Denise
Hi Matt and welcome to the CP forums! smileywaving.gif Hopefully you will be able to hook up with someone so you can be out there digging. You mentioned you are still in claims process for a claim you staked and it probably won't be available until next year. That doesn't sound right for the process of claim staking and filing to me. mellow.gif If you already staked it, why wouldn't it be available till next year?
Matty j
QUOTE (Denise @ Jun 9 2016, 10:31 AM) *
Hi Matt and welcome to the CP forums! smileywaving.gif Hopefully you will be able to hook up with someone so you can be out there digging. You mentioned you are still in claims process for a claim you staked and it probably won't be available until next year. That doesn't sound right for the process of claim staking and filing to me. mellow.gif If you already staked it, why wouldn't it be available till next year?

Well, apparently the issue with it is money. I went in on a partnership with another fella and some how it went south on his deal. I'm trying to correct that and by the time all said and done I projected next year. He also has a health condition that came up last month, so its been stressful. I can't do this by myself, I'm one hell of a prospector, but when it comes to dealing with claims and such for the first time I am new. I did pay a maintenance fee and he was supposed to notify BLM for a plan of operation and somewhere in there I lost contact. I need to submit the location with the CDR? This is where I've got some work to do because I feel neglected in this partnership and must continue where he left off. I haven't heard from him in a month. Time is running short for this season and need to be with a team or just tackle this monster myself. Thanks again.
Matty j
Okay, now that I've done more research on this claim that was supposedly staked. I feel that I've been had by. I have spent most of the day finding out what my partner didn't do. I don't want to add drama to this post, but now the money I have given to get this claim underway has possibly been stolen, a little under 3k. I feel so stupid and cheated now and now I'm back on my own. I'm am so upset it's not funny. I have been misled and now this person which was supposed to be a partner has vanished. I really feel stupid for even replying back with little knowledge on claims staking. What's a man to do now?
EMac
That really sucks, and I'm sorry to hear that. My best recommendation is to stick around here and soak up the information you can to avoid it happening again.
Matty j
QUOTE (EMac @ Jun 9 2016, 11:29 PM) *
That really sucks, and I'm sorry to hear that. My best recommendation is to stick around here and soak up the information you can to avoid it happening again.

Thanks EMac, I'm so exhausted from this all now. No wonder I've prospected on my own for years now. I've never been burned like this one before. I had high hopes for a chance on Antero.
Crusty
$3k?!? smiley-shocked003.gif
It only costs a few hundred bucks to file a claim for a small scale operation, which I assume most on Antero/White are, since you can't get heavy equipment to most claims up there.

I'd contact law enforcement immediately if you think this dude took you for a ride. Something definitely doesn't sound right!
Matty j
QUOTE (Crusty @ Jun 10 2016, 06:52 AM) *
$3k?!? smiley-shocked003.gif
It only costs a few hundred bucks to file a claim for a small scale operation, which I assume most on Antero/White are, since you can't get heavy equipment to most claims up there.

I'd contact law enforcement immediately if you think this dude took you for a ride. Something definitely doesn't sound right!

You're absolutely right Crusty! After a few phone calls, I found that I've been taken for a lot of my money. I did contact teller county sheriff's office where he supposedly lives. I think it was a setup from the beginning. My wife is furious and I hope something will be done.
CP
Welcome to the Colorado Prospector forums Matt. sign0016.gif

Very sorry to hear about this, sure hope you can get things worked out and hopefully get your money recovered from this crook! Just sucks that unethical degenerates like these are pulling scams on the unsuspecting new prospectors! signs019.gif stamp.gif

Make yourselves right at home browsing around the website and good luck on your future prospecting adventures too! emoticon-misc-004.gif Dig right on in, you'll find some good reliable info here and we have a super group of folks in our community here too!

EMac
If you don't mind, could you keep us informed? This may help others avoid a similar situation. How did this initiate and escalate to losing $3k?
Matty j
QUOTE (EMac @ Jun 10 2016, 12:14 PM) *
If you don't mind, could you keep us informed? This may help others avoid a similar situation. How did this initiate and escalate to losing $3k?

Sure thing EMac. Well, I found him on Antero and we had discussed a partnership on a claim. He surely sounded legitimate and the terminology was spot on. So, weeks of talking over the phone he requested a maintenance fee and my half, $2800. Money wasn't a factor knowing I'll be soon doing what I truly truly love to do, especially on Antero. So I paid up and winter came and went. Anxiously waiting for the season I got no response as far as emails, phone calls etc. Come April, I began to worry until I got a call. He said he had developed asthma and will find it hard to work this summer, but he'll try. Now June and no word. I joined up here to find people or another backup only to find red flags from the experienced. I called his cousin and told him which he has no clue and said he went to Virginia for the summer. WHAAT?? As I said before, I'm one hell of a prospector and know my stuff, but when it comes to dealing with a claim stake I'm clueless. I've never needed to go down that road until I felt that moment to trust someone. I still notified the authorities in which that's all I'm able to do at this point. I am still interested on working a claim on Atero or White, but I need that assurance I won't get screwed over. I've left my number in the first post if interested. Thanks for lending an ear and a shoulder to cry on. Lol
MikeS
QUOTE (Matty j @ Jun 10 2016, 01:21 PM) *
I am still interested on working a claim on Atero or White, but I need that assurance I won't get screwed over. I've left my number in the first post if interested. Thanks for lending an ear and a shoulder to cry on. Lol

Hello Matty j! Welcome to Colorado Prospector! sign0016.gif

I am sad to hear of your troubles. It sure sounds like this guy took you for a ride.
Only recommendation I have for you at the moment Matty is to read the info here on the forums and I strongly recommend looking into our Club Memberships (I am an annual member).

I am still unclear of your actual situation Matty. I have 2 questions for you. You don't have to give details if you don't want to. Yes or no will do.
#1 Did you sign your name onto any paperwork for this supposed claim?
#2 Did you sign any other paperwork/contract with this guy detailing what your money was supposed to be for?
Matty j
QUOTE (MikeS @ Jun 10 2016, 04:01 PM) *
Hello Matty j! Welcome to Colorado Prospector! sign0016.gif

I am sad to hear of your troubles. It sure sounds like this guy took you for a ride.
Only recommendation I have for you at the moment Matty is to read the info here on the forums and I strongly recommend looking into our Club Memberships (I am an annual member).

I am still unclear of your actual situation Matty. I have 2 questions for you. You don't have to give details if you don't want to. Yes or no will do.
#1 Did you sign your name onto any paperwork for this supposed claim?
#2 Did you sign any other paperwork/contract with this guy detailing what your money was supposed to be for?

Hey Mike, no and no. Apparently i was told that paperwork would have to be filled out and signatures etc.. That's what Ive been waiting for. I knew there was to be paperwork. I have been a firm believer in green cash ever since i could work. That's where I was played a fool when told to setup my bogus half and then the process starts. I believed it. I've always been cautious, but let my guard down too quickly for an awesome experience. It's partly my fault for letting this slip. Lesson learned for sure.
Matty j
[size="5"][/size]Well well well, karma does happen!! I just got a phone call from his cousin saying he was arrested for trespassing onto private property and also found he had a warrant for him in Virginia for something. I don't think I'd be seeing my money back, unless I take it to court. Even then what proof do I have for poor judgment on giving him the money. I think I'll just let karma take him for a ride this time. All I can do is move forward and continue my ventures in prospecting. Maybe karma will do good for myself. I'd like to join the club and learn how to stake my own claim and also find some good friends.
EMac
Karma will frequently come back and get you. Small claims court isn't hard to deal with, and you're less than the typical $5k cutoff. Might be worth a few hours inconvenience to get your $ back.
Matty j
QUOTE (EMac @ Jun 15 2016, 01:52 PM) *
Karma will frequently come back and get you. Small claims court isn't hard to deal with, and you're less than the typical $5k cutoff. Might be worth a few hours inconvenience to get your $ back.

This guy must be a real trouble maker. I never thought he was like this. Totally had me fooled. Oh well, I feel better today knowing that the law had stopped this man in his tracks.
swizz
QUOTE (Matty j @ Jun 15 2016, 12:24 PM) *
I'd like to join the club and learn how to stake my own claim and also find some good friends.

Welcome to the forums Matty! sign0016.gif
I can't believe what you've been through and am amazed with your excellent attitude. I too would be tempted to go after the guy but based on what you stated, I don't think anything monetary can be recovered from the slouch. I think that is probably a big line unfortunately. Love your attitude, I have had to suck it up a few times in life and just chocked it up to "taking my medicine", expensive lesson, etc.
This club helped me 100% when I first staked years ago, it would have been difficult without the club's help. They got me up to speed FAST when I needed it most, I try to do the same for others when I can. I've learned tons here... and I continue to learn even after years. We have lots of club member outings and group digs, just a fantastic group of regulars and new folk. If you happen to join at Club level before the end of the month I'm hosting an annual shindig at my 40 acre placer mine for Annual and Lifetime CP Members... details are posted in the Protected Forum. It is always a ton of fun.... Gold, guns, and the great outdoors. emoticon-object-018.gif
There are other Club Member outings posted in the Protected Forum also. This is an amazing small community of generous, friendly, and helpful people that feel much like "family" to me.

Matty j
Hey thanks swizz, that's all I can do is stay positive and recover. I'm looking forward to joining up and participating in your events. I'm sure you're a great bunch and I'll learn a lot. I should've found yall years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.