Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone used a ground penetrating radar metal detector?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
Silky
http://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/products/...-uc.php?lang=en

I've been researching it and it seems like a fantastic option to just getting metallic signals from a metal detector. It "sees" holes, tunnels, graves, underground pipes and lines, etc.

Forget it, just found out it's $10,000!
swizz
I looked into it a tiny bit a few years ago. Excellent technology but way over my budget.
Check out these prices: KellyCo OKM
Silky
Yep, I saw that "after the fact" and it's waaay too expensive for me. But if I found a nice chunk of gold and could buy it for future prospecting, I would.
swizz
There are companies that offer it as a service. I've considered that for my claims but it is also way out of my price range.
swizz
The gov has this technology (GPR) mounted on satellites and has already mapped the planet via ground penetrating radar. We paid for it with our tax dollars but unfortunately not available to the public for free. They will sell the data to you in small doses but extremely expensive and most often sold to corporations, big oil, etc. Way, way out of my budget.
swizz
My ground penetrating radar looks like this: emoticon-misc-004.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.