Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arapaho Bar in Wheat Ridge.
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
relicsncoins
Anyone ever try sluicing in this area? Thought I might check it out sometime when in the area and have a couple of hours.
EMac
I haven't, but I know Jesse (Fenixsmom) used to; I haven't seen her around in awhile though. I'd be down to meet up somewhere in town if I'm available.
swizz
Too close to the big city for my likes but I think it can produce fines fairly well from what I've heard. I have not been there.
relicsncoins
QUOTE (swizz @ Apr 14 2016, 02:42 PM) *
Too close to the big city for my likes but I think it can produce fines fairly well from what I've heard. I have not been there.

Wheat Ridge says no digging on the south side bank, but you can dig in the tailing piles on the North side and anywhere in the creek. I wonder how those tailing piles would produce.
fenixsmom
The rules have changed. You pretty much need to stay in the creek. There is a blue sign on the NE corner saying no digging past this point. The North grassy area and the tailing piles are off limits now. :/ Pickers are rare in A-bar. It's all fine flour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.