Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Rockhounding Locations
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
yakyakgoose
Are there any accessible CO places that I could go this weekend not covered in snow? Im located in Denver.
MikeS
QUOTE (yakyakgoose @ Apr 1 2016, 02:38 PM) *
Are there any accessible CO places that I could go this weekend not covered in snow? Im located in Denver.

Welcome to the forums yakyakgoose!

I had to cancel my plans for prospecting this weekend but it has givin me a chance to start on my garden work here at home. I am also in Denver.
yakyakgoose
QUOTE (MikeS @ Apr 3 2016, 12:02 PM) *
Welcome to the forums yakyakgoose!

I had to cancel my plans for prospecting this weekend but it has givin me a chance to start on my garden work here at home. I am also in Denver.

Thanks for the welcome! I actually ended up around Kremmling doing some shed hunting (deer and elk antlers). Snow is melting out fast, was 50+ degrees!
My number 1 want for buying a house is making a native garden with raspberries, chokecherries, etc.
MikeS
QUOTE (yakyakgoose @ Apr 5 2016, 11:05 AM) *
Thanks for the welcome! I actually ended up around Kremmling doing some shed hunting (deer and elk antlers). Snow is melting out fast, was 50+ degrees!
My number 1 want for buying a house is making a native garden with raspberries, chokecherries, etc.

I have some prospecting plans up by Kremmling this year. Hope its mostly melted soon. I also want to bring some native plants into my garden. Main native plant I want to start with is Prairie Turnip. I need to make a few trips out to northeast CO this season to find them and get some seeds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.