Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Digging fun in the valley!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
Denise
Colin and Glenda have been spending some time here with us at our place digging for Fulgurites. Was a great way to spend the first day of spring! happy112.gif Here are a few pics I took......

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Terra decided she wanted to dig with everyone...so she did! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Only problem was she was covering Colin from way over at her hole. smiley-laughing021.gif

Click to view attachment

They also got some time in to trim some of their previous finds on the trim saw for the first time. Here is a pic of Glenda slicing one of her finds.

Click to view attachment

Some nice pieces of Epidote and Feldspar found but the hunt for Fulgurites continue. More pics added later since the fun continues.....

signs021.gif
relicsncoins
Looked like a nice day for digging.
EMac
Have you had much success finding those? Has me wondering how you choose where to dig.

I had to look up what a fulgarite is, and I'm now rooting for you to beat these guys: FL's 17' Fulgarite
NewRockHounder
It was a nice dig. Didn't find much however. I ended up digging.. just digging... weeeee.... greensmilies-025.gif with D&D's son Tim. Glenda started cutting rocks... so the fulgurite finding fun didn't amount to a whole lot other than a great day to be out digging. (even it wasn't fer anything special)

Colin & Glenda
Denise
QUOTE (EMac @ Mar 22 2016, 11:44 AM) *
Have you had much success finding those? Has me wondering how you choose where to dig. I had to look up what a fulgarite is, and I'm now rooting for you to beat these guys: FL's 17' Fulgarite

That's a pretty amazing specimen in that PDF! smiley-shocked003.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Tim hasn't found anything that spectacular yet but I'm sure he would love to. I posted some pictures in the "What's this?#36" of the forum. Some pretty nice little ones I think though. happy088.gif

I think Colin was a bit throw off, since this was probably the easiest digging he has ever done in Colorado. laugh.gif I am going to sift through some of him and Tim's mad diggings and see if I can find anything. Dig almost looks like a moat that will protect the castle later. giggle.gif

Here is a picture of some of the specimens Colin and Glenda trimmed. (as you can see, the supervisor was standing over the pieces tongue.gif )

Click to view attachment

swizz
Good looking stuff! happy088.gif
Denise
Those specimens sure trimmed up nicely to sit for display better. Very cool finds!! Colin and Glenda also hit on of the club's researched areas when down here in the San Luis valley. Here is a pic of them going through their finds and cleaning some up for trimming. Fantastic looking agate finds!

Click to view attachment

Here is a pic of a few of the pieces Glenda sliced up. smiley-clapping.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Click to view attachment

Weather was great but now the snow is coming down hard......sigh kick_can.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.